It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case for Rendlesham

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hello AzurWhyte, nice post

I haven't read "You Can't Tell The People" and "Left at East Gate" books, but they are certainly great and you probably want to read both of them if you want more indepth informations. Personally i do believe in Larry Warren story.

Also, you can download "UFO Invasion at Rendlesham" right here :
www.checktheevidence.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello AzurWhyte, nice post

Musclor, please see my full and proper post here :
www.checktheevidence.com...

In regard to your above post, I have private messaged you with my original responce.

ALL OTHER RESPONSES SHOULD GO HERE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-3-2006 by AzurWhyte]

[edit on 5-3-2006 by AzurWhyte]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The Wikipedia article on Rendlesham has been greatly updated, especially with information about Porton Down. However, more information will be forthcoming referring to the book "You Can't Tell The People" by Georgina Bruni.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In March 2006 Nick Pope sought and obtained a commission from the Ministry of Defence's magazine Focus, to write a feature on UFOs, specifically on the Rendlesham Forest Incident. The article ran in the March issue of Focus with only very minor editorial changes. The article can be found below anmd is linked here.

Before you read it, here is a bit of pre-publication information on the article by Nick Pope from his Weirld World article in March: www.hotgossip.co.uk...

Rendlesham Forest

The March issue of the Ministry of Defence magazine Focus will contain an article on the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident, together with sketches taken from one of the United States Air Force witness statements, depicting the UFO and the strange hieroglyphs seen on its hull. This is the article that was due to appear in the February issue, but was held back so that some late news about Afghanistan could be accommodated. The UFO article was to have run next to a feature about the launch of our latest Skynet satellite and a cartoon was to have linked both articles. The cartoon ran in the February issue alongside the Skynet article, and is great, though it lost some of its impact as the UFO article was held back. It shows two aliens in a UFO (with the hieroglyphs from the Rendlesham Forest sketch on the side) orbiting Earth and witnessing the Skynet satellite being launched. One alien is saying to the other "It's a UFO alright! Do a quick sketch and report it to the Flying Saucer Working Party". I will post the cartoon on my website in the next few days.

The article...

Rendlesham Forest UFO Article in MOD Magazine (New! Added 10 March 2006)

I recently sought and obtained a commission from the Ministry of Defence's magazine Focus, to write a feature on UFOs. In particular, I wanted to get across to the military and civil service readership some information about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident of 1980. Dubbed 'Britain's Roswell', this is the UK's most significant UFO event but has sometimes been misrepresented as the sighting of lights. In fact, as the United States Air Force witness statements make clear, the security police personnel saw a metallic craft with strange symbols on the hull. The article ran in the March issue of Focus with only very minor editorial changes:

The Ministry of Defence’s UFO Project has its roots in a study commissioned in 1950 by the MOD’s then Chief Scientific Adviser, the great radar scientist Sir Henry Tizard. As a result of his insistence that UFO sightings should not be dismissed without some form of proper scientific study, the Department set up arguably the most marvellously-named committee in the history of the civil service, the Flying Saucer Working Party. The committee’s conclusions were sceptical; UFO sightings were misidentifications of ordinary objects, or hoaxes. They recommended no further action. But in 1952 there was a series of high-profile events where UFOs were tracked on radar and seen by RAF pilots, and this forced the MOD to think again. UFO sightings were to be collated and sent to the Department for investigation, so that a determination could be made as to whether anything of any defence significance might have occurred. Since then, over 10,000 UFO reports have been received. From 1991 to 1994 I worked in the department responsible for this bizarre subject. It was among the most fascinating of my postings in 20 years in the Department.

Most UFO sightings received by the MOD had prosaic explanations: aircraft lights, weather balloons, meteors, airships, etc. But in all of this, a small percentage looked more interesting and one case in particular stood out. This was the so-called Rendlesham Forest incident. Last December saw the 25th anniversary of what is universally accepted as Britain’s most famous UFO sighting. There was extensive media coverage of this bizarre anniversary, a commemorative Boxing Day event organised by the Forestry Commission at the site of their ‘UFO Trail’, and several unofficial ‘skywatches’ where UFO enthusiasts came together to mark the event, swap stories, and generally stand around getting extremely cold. So why the interest? What happened in the forest all those years ago and why is it still generating so much interest?

Rendlesham Forest lies between the twin bases of RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge in Suffolk. In 1980 both facilities were operated by the United States Air Force (USAF). The Cold War was still decidedly frosty. The Solidarity Movement was taking hold in Poland and Soviet forces were building up on the border. It was against this background that a strange series of incidents occurred.

In the early hours of 26 December 1980 military personnel at the twin bases saw strange lights in the forest. At first they thought an aircraft might have crashed, so they went out to investigate. What they found was not a crashed aircraft, but what they could only categorise as a UFO. Nearby farm animals were going into a frenzy. One of the security police officers got close enough to touch the side of the object. He and another of the airmen present attached a sketch of the craft to their official USAF witness statements. One of these sketches even details the strange symbols seen on the craft’s hull, which the witness likened to Egyptian hieroglyphs. "I wish I’d had my weapon, because I felt totally defenceless," one of the young airmen, John Burroughs, subsequently remarked.

Two nights later the UFO returned. The Deputy Base Commander, Lieutenant Colonel Charles Halt, was informed and went out into the forest to investigate. He too saw the UFO, which at one point fired beams of light down at his party and at the Woodbridge facility. "Here I am, a senior official who routinely denies this sort of thing and diligently works to debunk them, and I'm involved in the middle of something I can't explain", he subsequently commented.

The MOD’s investigation included an inconclusive search for radar evidence that might have corroborated what was seen. Of far more interest, however, was an assessment of radiation readings that had been taken from the landing site with a Geiger counter. The readings had peaked in three holes in the ground which formed the shape of an equilateral triangle, as if the UFO had landed on a tripod of some sort. The Defence Intelligence Staff stated that the readings seemed “significantly higher than the average background”. Their report suggested that the radiation level was around seven times what would have been expected for the area concerned.

There are various sceptical theories for what was seen, the most prevalent one being that the various witnesses were somehow misled by the beam from Orfordness lighthouse, shining through the trees. "If the USAF really are capable of hallucinations induced by a lighthouse which must surely be familiar to them, then I shudder for that powerful finger which lies upon so many triggers," remarked Ralph Noyes, a former MOD Under Secretary who took a close interest in the case after his retirement. Charles Halt’s reaction to the theory was blunter. “Lighthouses don’t fly,” he said. Ralph Noyes was not the only senior figure to take an interest in the case. Former Chief of the Defence Staff Lord Hill-Norton corresponded with the Department extensively about the incident, and tabled a number of Parliamentary Questions in the House of Lords.

Many UFO researchers believe that information about UFOs is being covered up. They see a vast conspiracy to keep the truth from the public. Nothing could be further from the truth. Requests concerning UFOs are among the most frequently submitted under the Freedom of Information Act and the MOD has made great efforts to be as helpful as possible. Information has been made available under the Publication Scheme, in the FOI ‘Reading Room’ and at the National Archives in Kew. The entire file of the Rendlesham Forest incident has been scanned in and is available on the MOD’s website.

The official position is that these events were of no defence significance, but the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident remains unexplained to this date. I hope that we have some answers before the 50th anniversary of one of the most extraordinary incidents ever investigated by the MOD.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by AzurWhyte]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
To all who feels Larry Warren was there please understand he was not. He took Audrian Bustunza story and ran with it!!!! How do I know this? I was there!!!

[edit on 15-4-2006 by burroj2]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
burroj2,
please elaborate.

Larry Warren's story is much harder to believe.
He is pretty much the only one who saw actual aliens.

Although I guess in the history channel movie they determined there may
have been 2 different landing sites ?
Still, I'd like to see him take a polygraph.

IIRC, he didn't start remembering these events until later.
His mind could just be playing tricks on him.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by burroj2
To all who feels Larry Warren was there please understand he was not. He took Audrian Bustunza story and ran with it!!!! How do I know this? I was there!!!
[edit on 15-4-2006 by burroj2]

That's quite a claim. If you were really stationed at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge, who are you burroj2? I'm guessing from your username that you are John Burroughs.

It's likely that Larry Warren was actually on the base during the Incident.
Also, small sections from letters sent to Larry Warren after alleged witnesses had read his book, "Left At East Gate."

"I know you were out in that forest 'cause I saw you out there, and we were all on duty with full Personal Reliability Pledge."
- Greg Battram

"How can Halt play it down? - You were there and so was I..."
- Steve La Plume

If you really were there at the time, burroj2, then I would like to speak to you. You can contact me via the link in my profile.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by rendlesham_incident]

[Mod Edit: to include link to profile]
Mod Note: Signature Guidelines - Please review this link

[edit on 4/16/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
U2U you are right I am John Burroughs. I tried to send you a dirrect response but it stated I needed 20 posting. Warren was not at the site he took someone elses story and ran with it.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by burroj2]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
burroj2,

This is absolutely interesting!

Can you please elaborate?

Maybe give us the details of your experience of the Incident ?

lost_shaman

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Burroj2 - is there any way you could prove that you are John Burroughs?

Where are you from?
When did you retire from the United States Air Force?

If you can answer these two correctly, I would like to speak to you further.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
burroj2, if you are who you say you are, what is your opinion on the rumoured movie that may be made about the incident? have you been consulted at all on this?

this is my favourite UFO story and are worried about the possible media backlash as this case deserves better than that.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rendlesham_incident

Where are you from?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Where are you from?

I was born in Illinois but I now live in the Phoenix Area. I will retire 1 Aug of this year.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by glastonaut
burroj2, if you are who you say you are, what is your opinion on the rumoured movie that may be made about the incident? have you been consulted at all on this?

this is my favourite UFO story and are worried about the possible media backlash as this case deserves better than that.
I have not been contacted as of yet on a movie. That does not surprise me if Halt is involved because he has been doing his best to keep me away from anything that has been produced lately.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Where are you from?

Now it is my turn. Who are you? And how would you even know that much about me? If you know anything about me this will help. I started at Bentwaters after that I went to Grissom AFB then Luke AFB followed by Osan AFB and finally Castle AFB where I separted from Active duty in 1988. I then joined the reserves where I was stationed first at Davis Monthan then Williams AFB and finally back@ Luke. I was Activated after 9-11 to active duty back in the K-9 division and made 2 tours to the Middle East. I have done 3 major interviews. Unsolved Mysteries filmed in the DC area Strange but True filmed in England and last but not least the History Channel. Halt kept me out of the SCI-Fi production by telling them I was unavailable. He also tried to keep me out of the History Channel and ABC special that Peter Jennings did but Penniston gave them my E-Mail Address. ABC at the last second pulled Bentwaters because they said it deserved more time than they had to give it. As far as Bentwates goes I was the only one who was out there both nights. For those who beleive in Warren story I am sorry. He has done so much to hurt this case over theyears. If you look at some of his first interviews he could not even get Col Williams rank correct. And as far as the aliens go sorry but there were none out there. But I will also say Penniston and Halt have also have hurt the case . Penniston by the way his story has grown and Halt from the beggining putting the wrong dates on his memo holding onto important evidance and getting witness to change or withdraw their stories

[edit on 20-4-2006 by burroj2]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hi John
Out of interest, when did you leave Bentwaters?

I lived just down the road in Tunstall from 1982 when my parents took over the village Pub

My only comment on the whole story is that although I moved to the area after the incident, as a teenager and son of a local publican, I'd thought that if any stories of mysterious events were still in circulation amongst the local population, I'd have heard of them. We also had some USAF personal as customers in the Pub (though I think later they were stopped from drinking off base?) and, as we did B&B, also had some stay with us at times.

But I only heard of the incident some years later, after I'd moved away.

All I can conclude is that Rendlesham Forest and the surrounding areas were not known locally as sites of mysterious events.

(NB I do appreciate though that Tunstall is on the other side of the base from where the events supposedly took place )

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Who are you? And how would you even know that much about me?

I am just a UFO researcher, who is quite surprised to see you posting on Above Top Secret! How would I know this much about you? Since the Rendlesham Forest Incident/Bentwaters Incident all the witnesses have become famous in the the field of UFOlogy.

How did you find the discussion on here John?

But I will also say Penniston and Halt have also have hurt the case . Penniston by the way his story has grown and Halt from the beggining putting the wrong dates on his memo holding onto important evidance and getting witness to change or withdraw their stories

Jim Penniston, as far as I am aware, has not changed his story ... Although, I am only basing this on my research and mainly the fact that his story has stayed consistant, straight from the start when he first spoke publicly on the ITN "Strange but True?" series.

And Charles Halt, he is clearly holding back evidence, even now. He admitted that he would only release the rest of his casette recordings, if there was a public inquiry into the whole case. The tapes he has in his possession are recordings related to the aftermarth, which would be extremely 'embarrassing' to the British Government if they were ever released, says Halt.

What exactly did YOU see on the 26th December 1980, John?

[edit on 20-4-2006 by rendlesham_incident]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Who are you? And how would you even know that much about me?

I am just a UFO researcher, who is quite surprised to see you posting on Above Top Secret! How would I know this much about you? Since the Rendlesham Forest Incident/Bentwaters Incident all the witnesses have become famous in the the field of UFOlogy.

How did you find the discussion on here John? Just doing a search engine on Bentwaters on Yahoo. Jim has!! From the dates to the detail on how close he got to the object. How long the object was on the ground. How he took pictures and notes and that there was only 2 of us there when there was 3. Halt has a tape with the radio traffic recorded thur the command post on the 3rd night that would blow this wide open

But I will also say Penniston and Halt have also have hurt the case . Penniston by the way his story has grown and Halt from the beggining putting the wrong dates on his memo holding onto important evidance and getting witness to change or withdraw their stories

Jim Penniston, as far as I am aware, has not changed his story ... Although, I am only basing this on my research and mainly the fact that his story has stayed consistant, straight from the start when he first spoke publicly on the ITN "Strange but True?" series.

And Charles Halt, he is clearly holding back evidence, even now. He admitted that he would only release the rest of his casette recordings, if there was a public inquiry into the whole case. The tapes he has in his possession are recordings related to the aftermarth, which would be extremely 'embarrassing' to the British Government if they were ever released, says Halt.

What exactly did YOU see on the 26th December 1980, John?

[edit on 20-4-2006 by rendlesham_incident]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

...and finally Castle AFB where I separted from Active duty in 1988.

What years were you at Castle (up to 88), and what did you do there? This may seem irrelevant, but I have a history there as well and will check if anyone I knew knew you (I myself was a child then).

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

...and finally Castle AFB where I separted from Active duty in 1988.

What years were you at Castle (up to 88), and what did you do there? This may seem irrelevant, but I have a history there as well and will check if anyone I knew knew you (I myself was a child then).
I was in Security Police just as I was when I was at Bentwaters. I worked in the K-9 section worked a bomb dog. How about this the 2 main towns were Atwater and Merced. If you were there in 1988 FEB you will remember the B-52 that crashed at the end of the Runway... As far as what I saw I have done many interviews if you have not seen them take a look if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join