It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The church of scientology. any info?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Isaac Hayes...

Yeah, I always suspected that South Park was sometimes informative, but other times, with a clear agenda.

Like their episode about Mormons. They have a perfectly good funny ending to the show, and then they have the Mormon kid show up and tell Kyle after some eloquent speech to "go f*ck yourself" and the show ends.

Its actually a pretty stupid message as to what you should do if some Mormon kid tries to make friends with you and convert you to worshipping and becoming a Moroni, is it? Or anagramed, I moron?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Isaac Hayes...

Yeah, I always suspected that South Park was sometimes informative, but other times, with a clear agenda.

Like their episode about Mormons. They have a perfectly good funny ending to the show, and then they have the Mormon kid show up and tell Kyle after some eloquent speech to "go f*ck yourself" and the show ends.

Its actually a pretty stupid message as to what you should do if some Mormon kid tries to make friends with you and convert you to worshipping and becoming a Moroni, is it? Or anagramed, I moron?

I can't even get into the specifics of that with you as I feel mormon, and moroni, is too close to MORON.

IMHO-I think Mormonism is a bigger scam than scientology, but that's just IMHO

I do see your point though.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I had an office just off the main lobby of CC (Celebrity Center) on Franklin Ave. in Hollywood for over 2 years. The people that came for Scientology services are just like you and me. They seek the truth. They may seek this in a different way, but they still seek. And some of them seem to do very well. Just because they are working in a very visable media, and they are well known, is no reason to belittle them or question their sexuality. (unless your naked and wrapped around another person, their sexual preferences are no concern to you). I've met and worked with many people at CC, and most of them are good, honest, hardworking people. Should we sit here and pick apart the Catholics, or make jokes about the Jews? Just because we are at war, are the Muslims fare game? This is a religion, and like any religion, requires faith. Can't we stop pointing fingers and laughing, and start trying to understand the other persons point of view, even just a little bit?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If you enjoy badly written SCI FI storys this for you.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

If you guys want to go after a REAL conspiracy, go after Scientologists!

True indeed.

Anything influenced by Aleister Crowley or Jack Parsons(whether directly or indirectly, before anyone has something smart to say) should indeed be avoided like the plague.

Originally posted by Tamahu
From this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting site.

fusionanomaly.net...

fusionanomaly.net...

fusionanomaly.net...

I don't have much faith in the objectivity of P.R. Koenig's investigations of Occult Fraternities; I do however, think it is a good place to start, when beginning to conduct such investigations one's self:

Very interesting.

home.sunrise.ch...

Manson and the O.T.O. ?

Before Charles Manson (b. 1935) visited the 'parties' open to outsiders held at Solar Lodge meetings, he had had a rather chequered occult history. He is supposed to have first become interested in Scientology while he was incarcerated at the McNeil Island Penitentiary in Washington (Scientology has prison recruiting programmes). There it is said that Manson received about 150 hours of Scientology counselling. After his release from prison, he went to Los Angeles, where it is claimed that he attended several Scientology events where Hollywood stars were guests, including possibly the dedication ceremony for Scientology's first 'Celebrity Center'. Manson was undoubtedly eager to meet celebrities to further his musical ambitions and find someone to produce his guitar-playing; it is known that he contacted one of the Beach Boys, and Doris Day's son.

There are hints that not long after this he became involved with the Solar Lodge, and may also have had links with 'The Process', a Satanist-oriented group which had originally broken away from Scientology; Scientology itself had early connections with Crowley's O.T.O., in the form of L. Ron Hubbard's association with Jack Parsons.

It's not surprising that so many celebrities get caught up in nonsense like Scientology, the modern O.T.O. and Zionist pop-'Kabbalah'.

Manly P. Hall wrote

Black Magic appeals to the mass mind. It appeals to the principles of our civilization. It offers something for nothing. As long as there is cupidity in the human heart, it will remain as a menace to the honesty and integrity of our race.

- Manly P. Hall from Magic: a Treatise on Esoteric Ethics

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
phoenixhasrisin asks: What is OT III. Long answer follows...

WARNING! L. Ron Hubbard, AKA Source, or The Source, says that you can go insane, or catch pneumonia and die, if you learn OT III before you are ready. If you have concern for your sanity or the integrity of your respiratory system READ NO MORE!

Bear in mind that $cientologists define insanity as "Being aware of the benefits of $cientology and not participating". If you read more, without the benefit of $cientology brainwashing, you will know about $cientology but not participate. The sad thing is, the silly clams can't follow this simple logic, by the time they get to OT III.

Thetans: Essentially, a soul. An immortal spirit entity that has lived for billions of years, and is trapped in an endless cycle of occupying human bodies.

Operating Thetan: A Thetan that has been liberated from this cycle, by the owner of the last body it occupied, through $cientology.

OT III: Operating Thetan III. A self inflicted wound. ( This won't make sense if you haven't studied the links above, but I will stick in a few clues ).

By the time you get to OT III, you are an experienced auditor. You use the E-meter ( the skin galvanometer portion of a polygraph, the least reliable part of that ridiculous device ) to convince yourself the following story is true. And you pay $cientology ~$45 an hour for the use of an experienced auditor - yourself.

See if you can spot the obvious bloopers. Hubbard had a twisted sense of humor, which shows up here.

95 million years ago, the citizens of earth - then known as Teegeeack - and 75 other planets, the stars of which can all be seen from earth, formed the Galactic Federation. End wars, share scientific and medical data, help other planets through drought and famine. Like the UN does so well here...

This worked so well that 75 million years ago, overpopulation was a major problem. Average per-planet population, 175 Billion with a B. Here on Teegeeack, we overachievers reached 250 Billion with a B.

Xenu, BBMFIC ( Big Bad ummm...Multi Functionary... In Charge ) of the Galactic Federation, devised a plan. He called everybody in for a tax audit. When they were sitting there, minding their own affairs, renegades sneaked up on the auditees and injected ethylene glycol and alcohol into their lungs with a needle. They were flash-frozen and loaded into space planes, which looked just like DC-8s, and transported to Teegeeack.

They were roped together and suspended above volcanoes. Forced to watch movies of volcanoes exploding, train wrecks, autopsies, war and psychiatrists. On huge theater screens. The thetans remember this. Which is why we are all afraid of volcanoes exploding, train wrecks, autopsies, war and psychiatrists. And nobody makes movies about volcanoes exploding, train wrecks, autopsies, war and psychiatrists. And you can't give away a big screen TV, which brings back memories of this horror show...

After having been subjected to this horror show, they were lowered into the volcanoes. Electronic ribbons, "Sticky, like flypaper" were set up over these volcanoes. Nuclear weapons were detonated. The blast force drove the thetans onto the ribbons, where they are jammed together into clusters of 10 - 50 thetans. The thetan with the most dominant personality determines the personality of a cluster.

You got cancer? Clusters in your lungs. A wonky hip? Clusters in the joints. Toothache, a Cluster in your molar. You cure yourself by auditing yourself until these clusters "blow". When a cluster blows, the thetans are set free from each other, jump back into the cycle of picking up "meat bodies".

Many people have psychotic episodes while forcing themselves to swallow this twaddle, at $45 an hour.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Researcher]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i guess ill post what i posted in the other similar topic about hollywoods religion

home.snafu.de...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My favorite site for information on Scientology is:

Operation Clambake

The site is named for the Scientolgy theory of evolution. Er, sorta.

When I was in high school, a friend of mine vanished into the $cientology cult. She wrote me three times -- increasingly strange and disconnected letters in which she told me that I would greatly benefit from $cientology. Years later, I read about the tasks assigned to new "staff" in $cientolgy centers and realized this was part of her assigned work to bring in new sheep.

I responded to all three letters. Because at the time I knew nothing about Scientology, I simply wrote about the parts of her letters I could relate to. By the third, I wasn't responding so much as trying to start a conversation about something other than $cientology. After the third letter, I never heard from her again.

To this day, I occassionally wonder what happened..

[Edited to fix URL -driley]

[edit on 1-5-2005 by driley]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by driley
When I was in high school, a friend of mine vanished into the $cientology cult. She wrote me three times -- increasingly strange and disconnected letters in which she told me that I would greatly benefit from $cientology. Years later, I read about the tasks assigned to new "staff" in $cientolgy centers and realized this was part of her assigned work to bring in new sheep.

Yeah my buddy's cousin did the same thing to my friend's sister, over the phone. My friend's sister would refuse, and try changing the topic of conversation. Eventually, the calls stopped coming in and my friend's cousin has been living with and working with scientologists for over 3 years now. It's a sad thing.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
Many people have psychotic episodes while forcing themselves to swallow this twaddle, at $45 an hour.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Researcher]

Jesus H Christ. Thanks for the Answer. It really makes me glad that I only paid a grand for a "puriff"

You seem to be quite familiar with scientology. Are you aware of the bet story that I mentioned earlier, between Arthur C. Clark, and L. Ron hubbard?

[edit on 2-5-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Scientology...a religion so shallow you don't even have to roll up your pant legs to jump in.

Cults are formed to usually to rob people of everything they have. Hubbard is the smartest cult leader of all, he targets the rich, not just the commoners.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Who is Xenu?
I'm going to tell you a story. Are you sitting comfortably? Right, then I'll begin.
Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

That is the end of the story. And so today everyone is full of these clusters of souls called "body thetans". And if we are to be a free soul then we have to remove all these "body thetans" and pay lots of money to do so. And the only reason people believe in God and Christ was because it was in the film their body thetans saw 75 million years ago.

Well what did you think of that story?

What? You thought it was a stupid story?

Well so do we. However, this story is the core belief in the religion known as Scientology.* If people knew about this story then most people would never get involved in it. This story is told to you when you reach one of their secret levels called OT III. After that you are supposed to telepathically communicate with these body thetans to make them go away. You have to pay a lot of money to get to this level and do this (or you have to work very hard for the organisation on extremely low pay for many years).

We are telling you this story as a warning. If you become involved with Scientology then we would like you to do so with your eyes open and fully aware of the sort of material it contains.

Most of the Scientologists who work in their Dianetics* centres and so called "Churches" of Scientology do not know this story since they are not allowed to hear it until they reach the secret "upper" levels of Scientology. It may take them many years before they reach this level if they ever do. The ones who do know it are forced to keep it a secret and not tell it to those people who are joining Scientology.
Part of the first page of the secret OT III document in L. Ron Hubbard's own handwriting

Now you have read this you know their big secret. Don't let us put you off joining though.

* Dianetics and Scientology are trademarks of the Religious Technology Centre. This document is not connected with that organisation in any way.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have an open file on Scientologists here in NZ. I am thinking of making it an active file, if I can find the time to do it between uni.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
ED

How do you know the truth of this story? Have you been to OTIII yourself?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've been going to www.xenu.net for at least 3 years now. THE SITE for all your $cientology needs! Includes FBI files on L. Ron Hubbard & EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! It's run by a friend of mine.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
Who is Xenu?
I'm going to tell you a story. Are you sitting comfortably? Right, then I'll begin.
Once upon a time

Genesis
Chapter One

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.............

I would also like to draw you attention to a great story called "The Cow"

www.islam101.com...

Or the ever popular "Lamenting The Consequence Of War"

www.bhagavad-gita.org...

All religions have their stories. :cool

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately, lies comprise what seems to be most of our lives. What we are tought, is THEIR truth. We have along way to go if we are to rid the Earth of lies. But I still think any religion is for the gullible & people in need of father figures. That's all right, Police State 2007 is just 'round the bend, no matter what you all beLIEve.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
How about Judge Greer's $cientology connection? You know, the renegade judge who ordered Terri Schiavo's execution...?

I heard that part of Florida is full of those cultists.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised. Clearwater, Fl. was to be the first "clear" city by way of L. Ron Hubbard & $cientology. They even have their own polic-type men on the city streets! Cameras on the streets! See, it can happen.

This is also where Lisa McPhereson(? sorry if it's wrong, too long ago) was held against her will in a $cientology-owned hotel, injecting her with god-knows-what, allowing her to be bitten by cockroaches, starving her, and eventually causing her death.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is hearsay I heard from a very old Science Fiction Fan who knew all the parties involved:

Supposedly at a WorldCon three authors made a bet as to who could make the most believable religion. This was instigated by none other than the great Joseph Campbell (Editor of Amazing Stories, not Anthropologist). The three authors at the table were: Heinlein, Vonnegut, and Hubbard. Campbell was supposed to give the winner $50.00.

The books that came out of that were:

--Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land",
--Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle", and ,
--Hubbard's "Dianetics"

I heard this story from someone who claims to have been at the table next to them at the particular WorldCon. Notice Arthur C. Clarke was _not_ involved at all.

As to the truth or fiction, I don't think it matters. Though, if true, I wish Cat's Cradle would have won out, Boku Maru is much better. (Boku Maru is sharing the soul with another by placing the soles of your feet together.)

I've read Hubbard's books, they parallel Scientology pretty consistently with engrams and all.

I hold no opinion that I want traced back to me due to the sue happy nature of certain religious followers.

Regards,

mlowsley

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join