It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Official Says N.Korea Can Make Nuclear Missile to hit Pacific Northwest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
North Korea has the ability to arm a missile with a nuclear warhead and strike U.S. territory including Hawaii, Alaska and the U.S. Pacific Northwest, a top intelligence official said on Thursday. But the Defense Intelligence Agency sought to play down the remarks by its director, Vice Admiral Lowell Jacoby, which appeared to break new ground. It said that was speaking in theoretical terms.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Korea has the ability to arm a missile with a nuclear warhead and strike U.S. territory including Hawaii, Alaska and the U.S. Pacific Northwest, a top intelligence official said on Thursday.

But the Defense Intelligence Agency sought to play down the remarks by its director, Vice Admiral Lowell Jacoby, which appeared to break new ground. It said that was speaking in theoretical terms.

And Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice indicated it was not the definitive conclusion of the Bush administration that the reclusive communist state had the ability to arm a missile with a nuclear warhead.

"The North Koreans are doing all kinds of things. We have different assessments of what they may or may not be doing," Rice said when asked about Jacoby's comments by reporters during a visit to Chile.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I dont know about everyone else but the situation in N Korea seems to be getting Really bad. yesterday they were saying that N korea would detonate a bomb underground by june 15 and now they have the ability to hit the us. when are we going to say enough is enough.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by digitalassassin]

[edit on 28-4-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
We already know they can make a Nuke what is breaking news is that they can hit the US with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
yes! finally, the end of the world is coming!
j/k

oh, now i see why kim want to delay the peace talks and such, so that he can build more nukes...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What do you guys think will come of this

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
logical next step for North Korea. Kim Jong Il will continue to push the envelope with the threat of nukes, its the only playing chip they have left.

If the 1994 Agreed Framework taught NK anything it was that if they threaten enough they will get their way.

Thank you Slick

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'am going to go out on a limb here and say that it's scaremongering.

Making a long range ballistic missile is much harder then making a Nuke, I don't think even the white house takes this seriousely.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't consider it 'scare-mongering' to comment upon the news that an unbalanced despot who certainly possesses nukes may have the capability to strike our territory. If he hasn't it yet, he will get it. If he can't develop it, he will buy it. If he can't buy it , he will beg borrow or steal it. The entirety of the rhetoric that comes from NK is nukes or anti-US statements. That's all he lives for.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I was just reading this story...

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

I can't help but draw a connection.

Timing is everything right?

So if a nuke were to drop out of the sky in the next few months, blamed on NK and subsequently revenged with overwhelming force, lessons would be appreciated by NK and Portland PD. Who would win? DHS and big bad brother.

Lunacy, I know. But this is a conspiracy site, right?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Making a long range ballistic missile is much harder then making a Nuke, I don't think even the white house takes this seriousely.

Yes, the only hard thing about making a nuclear weapon is getting the materials. But North Korea has had an advanced missile program for years and sells it to other nations. They're quite capable of hitting the west coast at least and this is actually old news that was reported over a year ago, being dragged out again by the Dept. of Homeland Subversion.

edit/ Here's an interesting link: Missilethreat.com

The Taep’o-dong 2 is an intercontinental-range, road mobile, liquid propellant ballistic missile. It is currently North Korea’s only true ICBM. Today, this missile represents the single greatest nuclear threat to the United States. While the missile has very limited accuracy, it is thought to be target at major US population centers in both Alaska and Hawaii, and perhaps even as far as California.

[edit on 4/29/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
dosent this sound like Iraq

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
No, even the administration didn't try to make us believe Iraq could actually deliver a nuclear weapon.

They had to stand with their toes across the border just to hope they could even reach Isreal.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Heard all this crap before with Iraq. Saddam was meant to be teeming with WMD's but after 2 years the official US inspectors have found nothing.

Ask whats to be gained by launching a nuclear missile at the United States West coast? What would the North Koreans achieve by launching them apart from becoming the worlds largest parking lot afterwards?

Could it be that North Korea is using nuclear weapons how every country has to date (except the United States)? That they will be used as a deterant and that they have no plans on using them at all? Maybe because the United States labelled them part of the Axis of Evil and has their military on their boarder they feel, correctly, that their only option to stave off a US invasion is to have a nuke or two up their sleeves.

Funny how Iran is doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons. Its been labelled part of the Axis of Evil by Bush and has the US army on its border. Shock horror that they go to extreme lengths to give the United States pause of thought of invasion by acquiring nuclear weapons.

Im not saying that they should be allowed nuclear weapons but just look at the reasons for them and the scare tactics of the United States on its own population would be dilluted somewhat. If you take an objective look at the situation with North Korea and Iran in regards to nuclear weapons, they are purely a deterent.

Also take into account the part of America that is said to be reachable by these nukes and then look at it politically. The West coast is a strong Democrat region and telling those Democrats that their lives are in danger from North Koreans would considerably strengthen Bush politically if he choses to invade.

Iraq never really threatend the United States mainland but the populace was sold on the idea enough to authourise an invasion. But by telling those stubborn Democrat states in the West that their lives are in direct danger from nuclear weapons then the invasion of North Korea will be even easier to get public support for.

[edit on 29/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Heard all this crap before with Iraq.

...What would the North Koreans achieve by launching them apart from becoming the worlds largest parking lot afterwards?

...Could it be that North Korea is using nuclear weapons...as a deterant and that they have no plans on using them at all?

...Funny how Iran is doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.

...If you take an objective look at the situation with North Korea and Iran in regards to nuclear weapons, they are purely a deterent.

...telling those Democrats that their lives are in danger from North Koreans would considerably strengthen Bush politically if he choses to invade.

...Iraq never really threatend the United States mainland but the populace was sold on the idea enough to authourise an invasion.

There will always be those who will swallow each new wave of propaganda as it comes out, regardless of how many have been exposed as such before. I'm a little jaded and can't be bothered repeating it anymore, but I admire anyone who still retains the will to do so:

You have voted subz for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Surprise North Korea, we've been able to hit you from here for so long we've almost lost interest. Better watch what you say

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thank you Wecomeinpeace. The will to keep ranting on is what makes me feel like im doing something to prevent it

top topics

join