It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. 'Minutemen' target Canadian border

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
AF1

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Will they let me leave the country and go to Canada? I swear I won't come back.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The _______ has a sad history of intolerance and/or xenophobia.
You could put just about every nation on the planet in that blank
space. It isn't an 'American thing'. Intolerance is a human thing.

Remove the word sad and you are 100%. This is part of human nature.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yeah good thing we are still Evolving out of our Closed Minded Animalistic Nature & into a more
Enlightened Mutual Humanity Consciousness - eventually we should get to the Star Age (I hope - if the Monkey inside of us doesn't end up pushing the Big Red Button that says "NUKE" on it that is)!

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I had no idea there was such a problem on our northern border.....
Not to mention the fact that Canadian citizens can cross LEGALLY into the US.

I suppose there is SOME merit to the smugglers angle, but I'd much rather see more manpower go to stop the smuggling of PEOPLE through our southern borders....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I had no idea there was such a problem on our northern border.....
Not to mention the fact that Canadian citizens can cross LEGALLY into the US.

I suppose there is SOME merit to the smugglers angle, but I'd much rather see more manpower go to stop the smuggling of PEOPLE through our southern borders....

Canada's immigration laws are very lax, and undesirables can enter Canada very easily. From there, they can readily obtain false identification papers and waltz across the border checkpoints very easily. I don't want to start flame wars here, but we've had this discussion many times and have been told by our Canadian neighbors that Hey, it's not Canada's problem.

I'm not at all concerned with some HA's smuggling dope across the border. I'm more concerned with the Mohammed Atta's flying into Montreal.

from Skadi
I know one reason they wont secure the Mexican border: waves of desperate illegals provide a growing body of slave labor for unscrupulous businesses and private people to exploit, to pay these people under the table for less than human wages. So, the politicos in DC are more concerned with making sure their big green lawns get mowed for 2 bucks an hour than they are concerned with security, integrity, and human dignity.

That two dollar lawn job ends up costing ten times that when you take into account the burden on services such as health, etc.

FlyersFan had a good idea - ratchet up the activities of the Minutemen to the point where the gov't is embarassed.

Bush really let us down on this one.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Pffft..

Minutemen securing the northern US board is complete hogwash, can we really expect minuteman "Hank" the ex-military type, stoping Granny Smith from Maine who's smuggling in her cheap Canadian pharmaceuticals?

Double standards will be the talk of the day! Will minutemen stop illegal Canadians who successfully entered the US from returning to Canada?
cnews.canoe.ca...

This is just silly. Most unattended or non-secure board crossings are traveled by car, will the minutemen put General Lee into high gear and chase down illegals?..
Man oh Man, what a world we live in today!..

Common sense tells me if our government continues to be relaxed after 9/11 with our boarders and allowing illegals to easily enter the country, well there must be some profiteering taking place to which the feds benefit..

[edit on 28-4-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A bit off topic, but I'd like to know the rationale behind this:

from syntaxer's source
James Martin, 64, of Sechelt, B.C., was stopped at the border on Jan. 27 when customs officials noticed he was driving a vehicle with Washington plates. Canadian citizens aren't allowed to enter Canada driving U.S. vehicles. Customs agents said they found 30 bricks of coc aine in a suitcase.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

from syntaxer's source
James Martin, 64, of Sechelt, B.C., was stopped at the border on Jan. 27 when customs officials noticed he was driving a vehicle with Washington plates. Canadian citizens aren't allowed to enter Canada driving U.S. vehicles. Customs agents said they found 30 bricks of coc aine in a suitcase.

Couldn't be an experienced smuggler-
was his son's-
wanted to trade for legal drugs-
was lost-

When he gets out of jail in 25 yrs. maybe he'll let us know (64+25=89)

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks

from syntaxer's source

Couldn't be an experienced smuggler-
was his son's-
wanted to trade for legal drugs-
was lost-

When he gets out of jail in 25 yrs. maybe he'll let us know (64+25=89)

No way.. Typical ex-American Vietnam deserter fled to Canada and turned Liberal hippy activist hooked on the hometown goods..

uh yea..

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

from syntaxer's source

I believe that the reason Canadians can't cross into Canada with US vehicles is two-fold. Reason 1 is to keep vehicles that were stolen in the US from being moved into the country. Reason 2 is to keep us Canadians from importing a vehicle and then not paying the taxes and duties on it. There are exceptions to this rule, but it involves pre-approval and paperwork that must be provided at the time of crossing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join