It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do americans think of canada?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
When I think of Canada I think of moose, syrup, and bacon.

I think of beer and....beavers.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i always figured that canada was there just so us americans could have somthing to ignore

[edit on 10-6-2005 by usmc42]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's that place...ya know...that's just.....there....LOL

It's the "sleeper" country so to speak....

I've never been, but I'm dying to go - I think I'd fit in quite a bit better there....People I've met from Canada are some of the most honest and friendly people I know....

America is a corporate wasteland....

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I personally LOVE Canada. Beautiful land, crystal clear water, friendly people. I am so glad it became the 51st state.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
people who like to party haha

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I've never been there but I hear it's beautiful and cold. Whether it's Canada, Australia, UK etc... I don't judge by the government policies or by liberals, independents, right/left. If the people are good people then they have my blessing. And what I've heard so far it sounds like a great place to visit and meet the people. I've never been out of the United States but hopefully in time I will. Go Canada.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Canada is cool..When I was in Afghanistan there was a sniper from Canada who recorded the longest shot on record, I believe he was a Cpl from the Princess Pats Light Infantry Battalion and Montreal has the loudest fans I have ever heard although we did knock em out of the playoffs it was a sight to see and hear and Natasha Henstridge is from Canada and she is really hot

and Banff National Park is great

[edit on 25-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What the hell is a Canada?

Oh, I see...so that's what that is? Just kidding.

Actually, I wish America were a little more like Canada. It couldn't get much worse than it's in now.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Im not sure how typical these Canadians have been that I have known compared to other Cannucks.....but pretty much every Canadian that I have ever know have been extremely good natured and generous people.

My brothers co-worker and best friend is a Canadian guy named Bruce. He is probably one of the nicest and genuinely most decent people I have ever met. Our family damn near adopted him as one of our own, and when my mother passed away he was the first person out of everyone we knew who was there to help out. He is also hilarious, truly one of those people that it would be impossible to hate.

Maybe all Canadians arent as great as the ones I have known, but they do have at least a couple of really great ambassadors who have made their way south.

As I always jokingly say to my Canadian friend..."It's not aboot diplomacy...it's aboot respect"

[edit on 11/26/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The many people I have met from Canada have been very friendly sorts,very easy to talk to,I had a cute redhead Canuck girl I was interested in till I found out I was like 25 yrs her senior,what you gonna do ehhhh

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

I know the feeling..I like the occasional younger girl, Im 33 but for the most part I have nothing really in common with somebody younger than myself so I try to date women my age or a little older..

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I work with Canadians quite a bit. Good people.
Funny, smart, easy to get along with.
I like them better than I like a lot of Americans.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

i love living here, born in NS, moved to ON when i was 9, been here for 9 years, I've never been to the US, so i don't have an opinion on the comparison, oh and might i add

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
From what I've seen and whom I've talked to I think Canada is wonderful. Most are friendly and quite funny. I would like to even move there if it were possible at this time.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by jetsetter
When I think of Canada I think of moose, syrup, and bacon.

I think of beer and....beavers.

You do realize that up here "beaver" has a double meaning.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Isn't weed legal in Canada?

No. But I think small amounts are considered personal useage...maybe under an ounce? *I don't know for sure* We might be a little more tolerant of it though...as opposed to some places.

My only problem is the whole alcohol monopoly thing. I don't know whether this is all of Canada or just Tornoto. It's lame not being able to by beer in any grocery store or gas station. I don't like having to go to The Beer Store and order my beer like it's a prescription.

As Intrepid said, some bars have offsales (Even in Alberta, Intrepid). When I went to the States a few weeks ago, me and my friend walked into Wal-Mart, and I nearly died when I saw the Cases of Beer in the centre aisle! I had NO idea that you guys could just buy alochol in a freakin' Wal-Mart!! (That was in Colville (sp?) Washington).

My other problem...Alberta. Join the US why don't you? *does mocking Yosemite Sam firing guns up in the air thing*

Honestly? You want Alberta? Rednecks, hillbillies, and Edmonton? Come on!! (Just kidding, I love Alberta - My parents live there).

Ok...I have one other problem. The Conservative party that's trying to destroy Canada's uniqueness and make it into a mini-America. And the Liberal party whose corruption is going to help them get their way...

Agreed. This is why I didn't vote either party this year. The Conservatives are showing an excellent amount of "push-overness" and The Liberals are too damn corrupt to get my vote. Plus the Green Party Rep for my City was pretty hott and he's smart and had the best answers when the city interviewed him.

Banff National Park is great

Jasper National Park is nice too, but Banff is definitely more gorgeous. The Columbian Ice Fields are pretty nice - but always cold. And I hate how in the dead of winter NOTHING is open for like 250kms... I avoid driving that way in the winter, even though its the faster route to Grandma's.

The many people I have met from Canada have been very friendly sorts,very easy to talk to,I had a cute redhead Canuck girl I was interested in till I found out I was like 25 yrs her senior,what you gonna do ehhhh

LOL. *Extends hand* Hello, my name is Carrot and I am a red-headed Canuckian Girl
jk.

We have our fair share of jerky people, its not all sunshine and roses up here...all the time.

You do realize that up here "beaver" has a double meaning.

OMG!! AD!!! Haha...

*resists the urge to say something clever*

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I know, I know..but I couldn't help myself.
Just gotta educate others on the Canadian ways eh?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am politically naive, and I have never been to Canada. (I prefer it that way) From what I have seen in film and pictures, I would love to visit. Everyone I know who has been there has raved about it. And one of my ATS friends lives there, so if she is there it must be cool.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

No alcohol is sold here in Walmarts in New Jersey but that would be awsome if they did!..Id go back to visit Montreal but I dont want to press my luck with the Canadiens fans, I barely escaped last year when the Flyers beat em..Beautiful city and the loudest fans ive ever heard and they say Philadelphia fans are the loudest!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join