It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla: Genius or Madman?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I say if only he was alive now, I think he was too advanced for his time. But hey what would I know?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I say if only he was alive now, I think he was too advanced for his time. But hey what would I know?

He was well before his time. Many of the current electric innovations are based on (or were made possible by) Tesla technologies.

From what I've been able to find regarding his "death ray," as best I can tell, the claims made regarding the death ray makes it seem to appear to be an early version of the ion cannon. If that is, in fact, true, then he was most certainly lightyears ahead of his time.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by croatianguy
An insane genious he was. Thats what science needs right now. And also - he was a Croatian, not a serbian as the serbs love to say in their textbooks!

Sorry, but while he was born in what is now Croatia (like many Serbs), his father was a Serbian orthodox priest and his mother was also Serbian

I find it amazing that such little attention is given to Tesla compared to other scientists, given his accomplishments

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I would have to agree that Tesla is not very well known compared to many other inventors, but some of his creations or at least ideas were quite amazing.

I personally see Tesla as a genius, I recall seeing an episode of Phenomenon: The Lost Archives which was on Tesla which was very interesting, not sure if anyone has seen that show (or was it a series? anyway it was out in 1999 and Dean Stockwell was the host).

Anyway isn't HAARP based on some of Tesla's work?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Definitely a man ahead of his time! It's a shame that there isn't documentation (or freely available documentation) about some of his lesser known works!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman
Definitely a man ahead of his time! It's a shame that there isn't documentation (or freely available documentation) about some of his lesser known works!

All of his remaining notes are available in various forms of media. Amazon.com has several books containing his notes and patent information, and also offers a cd rom containing all of his patent applications. The unfortunate part about it, is that it's only the notes that he left behind, which are all incomplete (his actual notebooks and such which contained the real data on his experiments have been missing since the day he died. Did Marconi take them? Were they confiscated by one government or another? Who knows? We may never know.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sorry to resurrect a topic that's a little old, but I stumbled across a couple of sites that suggest Tesla may have been responsible for the Tunguska Event, and I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned it.
Or is it so far fetched as to be considered beyond worthy discussion?

In case anyone here hasn't heard the theory I'll try to summarise it as best I understand it. (It gets tenuous at points, but please bear me out before shooting me down in flames)

You've already mentioned Tesla's weapon / 'death ray' that supposedly used the earth's own structure to enable him to produce a destructive effect anywhere in the world.

In 1908 Tunguska, in Siberia, was wrecked by a huge blast, that was assumed to be an asteroid / meteorite / comet fragment detonating in the air with a force greater than the bomb that hit hiroshima. As I understand it scientists still argue as to the cause (I've seen arguments claiming an Asteroid, a Meteorite, a Comet Fragment, some kind of plate tectonic phenomenon (but not an earthquake) and Tesla's weapon.)

Tesla was in need of finance, and a large demonstration of his weapon's ability would have given him the publicity to gain that finance. But he'd have needed witnesses, and the don't come much better respected than the expedition to the pole that was underway at the time.
Tesla, being largely a pacifist, wouldn't I suspect have target the Tunguska area knowingly, there'd have been nothing but animals and herders there, so perhaps he mistargeted and was in fact aiming for an area near the expedition.

Eye witnesses reported seeing something decend from the sky at great speed - much in the same way that lightning is seen to decend from the sky.
In England people reported compasses going haywire.
Unusual light effects were reported. (Worthy to note that Tesla claimed to be able to light vast amounts of seaborn area to aid shipping, but only after 1908)
An English meteorologist reported lights causing a twilight that lasted until daybreak.
A scientist in Holland reported an undulating mass on the horizon.

I'd be interested to read your thoughts.
---
Links
prometheus.al.ru...
www....-------------------------/library/history/nature/tunguska/
www.viewzone.com...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
About his living or dying, I really do think he's dead. Tesla coils produce EMP's that can cause cancer and kill people. If he had one that enormous I'm pretty sure he suffered some terrible side effects. The Tower experiments would have done some serious damage to anyone operating the thing. It's inescapable. You can't protect yourself from it with walls or barriers.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nocturne
Sorry to resurrect a topic that's a little old, but I stumbled across a couple of sites that suggest Tesla may have been responsible for the Tunguska Event, and I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned it.
Or is it so far fetched as to be considered beyond worthy discussion?

There's also the belief that it occured as a result of his 1908 tests with electricity transmission through the planet. I have heard both stories, but couldn't remember the name of the place, so I omitted it.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
70 years after his death he is still 100 years ahead of our time. Even the HAARP is based on Tesla tech. Tunguska explosion? Tesla. The odometer in your car? Tesla. The lord of all things electric? Tesla. Bad ass love song? Tesla. Heres a good question. When Tesla died the feds immedietly raided his residence and lab and made off with trunk loads of notes. Theyve never been seen since. Whatever happened to them?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incognita
About his living or dying, I really do think he's dead. Tesla coils produce EMP's that can cause cancer and kill people. If he had one that enormous I'm pretty sure he suffered some terrible side effects. The Tower experiments would have done some serious damage to anyone operating the thing. It's inescapable. You can't protect yourself from it with walls or barriers.

Tesla was also noted using a device called a Faraday cage, invented by Michael Faraday in 1836. If you're not familliar with the device, it's simply nothing more than a metal box that dissipates EM and electrical currents across its surface, protecting those inside from the dangers of EM and high voltage electricity. This is still the most effective protection we have against EM to this day.

More on the Faraday cage here

Tesla also used the theory behind the Faraday cage to conduct high voltage electricity across the surface of his skin, and emit electrical arcs from his skin and hair.

Obviously, Tesla is dead by now, since he'd be 148 years old now (born in June of 1856). The rumor simply states that he didn't die in 1943, as is noted in the history books, not that he attained immortality.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thanks, I didn't know anything about that, of course it makes sense that there would be something of that nature.
I'm a dope sometimes.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by obsidian468
These directed bursts of electricity would bounce off the far side of the planet, and return to the coil with a greater charge than it left with. The coil, in turn, would re-amplify this current, and send it back into the planet.
and also possibly causing a massive power outage on the far side of the planet that he was bouncing the electricity off of.

I find this pretty much impossible. The Earth would dissipate a charge quickly, not allow it to go in a straight path through it. Even if it did, certainly it would have been stopped by the Earth's iron core and not allowed to go through to the other side.

Tesla found a resonant frequency of Earth. As with resonance in radio circuits, you don't need to apply power to the full cycle to obtain the full cycle under resonance. Also resonant circuits can generate higher voltages or currents than pumped into them (but not both - it can not generate more power than applied to it according to present day theory).

Tesla believed that Marconi's radio waves were an inefficient use of power. He believed that air should be used as the"ground" and Earth should be used to transmit the waves. He also said everything we have learned about radio is backwards. I would like to hear from anybody who has experimented with this.

Tesla also believed the US Patent Office was bogus and fed patents to foreign countries to rip off inventors. That is why all of his patents are missing key ingredients. From the 1970's on, most inventors are now believing and seeing this problem with the patent office.

Supposedly, Tesla was a firm believer in Zero Point Energy. This energy goes by many different names, so to be sure everyone understands, it is the energy that "disappears" when 2 radio waves are fed into each other 180 degrees out of phase. It is interesting to note that the 2 wave radio waves continue to consume power but nothing is returned. What happened to the physics law of conservation of energy?

It is believed his Wardenclyffe Tower was about using Zero Point Energy along with the resonant frequency of Earth. He believed you and me would be able to put a pole in the ground and tap as much energy as we needed to power our homes. And this electricity (being of a higher frequency than present day power) would not harm anything just like radio waves harm nothing [his theory not mine].

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Since someone else brought up HAARP, I would like to add my observation. HAARP is using rubidium time standards for the oscillators in the HF transmitters. Such a high degree frequency standard is wasted unless you were trying to generate Zero Point Energy (ZPE).

If they are generating ZPE, then anytime their "test equipment" web page shows they off-the-air, they may actually be generating ZPE.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Had to stop by a Tesla post.

Some forum had his radio transmitter diagram posted.

He is the father of the short wave radio,
Marconi made it a longer wave and more of them.

Short wave crossed the ocean but bounced off the atmosphere
which is unreliable.

Marconi won an ocean crossing radio contest but later it said he
had a relay ship.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I am a HUGE fan of Tesla. The two things that interest me the most nowadays about him are:

1: He repeatedly made references to "non herztian waves". What exactly did he mean by this? According to the current mainstream dogmatic scientific "establishment" 'longitudinal' (Scalar) waves can't exist in space... Or can they? Tom Bearden has information up on the web concerning scalar electromagnetics but I believe he is a disinformant shill for the government to throw any information movement off the trail of advanced technology that is being hidden/suppressed. Some of what he writes about may be true but assume most of it is 'distorted'.

2: His 'etheric' theory of gravity. The link I had is not working but I'll be looking for another source to post here. You can search Google too of course.

Edit.. make that 3!.. I forgot to mention that I believe he may have had something to do with the Tunguska explosion as well.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Mythbusters debunked tesla a few episodes back and proved him to be a liar. Also didn''t he try to steal the radio invention from marconi and the lightbulb by Edison as his own.

Everything I've seen about him suggests he was 1 fry short of a happy meal (death rays earthquake machines free energy ) They even made fun of him in a superman comic.

I wonder who he stole the rest of his Ideas from.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Shamanator]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Gwt your facts straight Shamanator. Marconi stole the radio invention from Tesla. And he never wanted to steal the lighbulb from Edison. Have some respect for the man who is responsible for the easier life you have now compared to those of the 19th century.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
I had never heard about him before this thread....other than the tesla coil in Red Alert....but I'm interested in the tower experiment now!

I think it was a tuned circuit with capacitor and inductor.

Tesla said short waves go straight and long waves hug the earth.

So 60 cps or 60Hz wave length is about 3,000 miles
So 30 cps or 30Hz wave length is about 6,000 miles
So 10 cps or 10Hz wave length is about 18,000 miles.

Did he give up on 60Hz through copper wires.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join