It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla: Genius or Madman?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Does anyone know wether or not Tesla motors is related to the Tesla family or his patents? They are building a car that does 0-60 in under 4 seconds and has a life of 250Miles before it needs recharging. They have already pre-sold all the cars they were going to build already. The car itself is gorgeous. The engine is extremely small and weighs only 70 pounds. The only bad thing is that its very limited and it costs about 100,000.00! Its based on the Lotus Elise body if Im not mistaken.

www.teslamotors.com...

I heard about this car, mostly on internet forums.

Hard to figure why the name cause Tesla is quite unknown and too much
of an electrical enginering genuis for anyone to understand do to the
FBI confiscating all his lab models, generators, coils, etc. and scientific
documents. Yet it was unlocked in 1945 by Werner Von Braun and taken
to Roswell, NM. to help America catch up to the Technology of escaped
WWII devloped flying saucers from Germany.

Knowing that, I still would not buy one.

I know, sorry you asked, but if I do find more info I'll u2u any links.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nocturne
Sorry to resurrect a topic that's a little old, but I stumbled across a couple of sites that suggest Tesla may have been responsible for the Tunguska Event, and I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned it.
Or is it so far fetched as to be considered beyond worthy discussion?

In case anyone here hasn't heard the theory I'll try to summarise it as best I understand it. (It gets tenuous at points, but please bear me out before shooting me down in flames)

You've already mentioned Tesla's weapon / 'death ray' that supposedly used the earth's own structure to enable him to produce a destructive effect anywhere in the world.

In 1908 Tunguska, in Siberia, was wrecked by a huge blast, that was assumed to be an asteroid / meteorite / comet fragment detonating in the air with a force greater than the bomb that hit hiroshima. As I understand it scientists still argue as to the cause (I've seen arguments claiming an Asteroid, a Meteorite, a Comet Fragment, some kind of plate tectonic phenomenon (but not an earthquake) and Tesla's weapon.)

Tesla was in need of finance, and a large demonstration of his weapon's ability would have given him the publicity to gain that finance. But he'd have needed witnesses, and the don't come much better respected than the expedition to the pole that was underway at the time.
Tesla, being largely a pacifist, wouldn't I suspect have target the Tunguska area knowingly, there'd have been nothing but animals and herders there, so perhaps he mistargeted and was in fact aiming for an area near the expedition.

Eye witnesses reported seeing something decend from the sky at great speed - much in the same way that lightning is seen to decend from the sky.
In England people reported compasses going haywire.
Unusual light effects were reported. (Worthy to note that Tesla claimed to be able to light vast amounts of seaborn area to aid shipping, but only after 1908)
An English meteorologist reported lights causing a twilight that lasted until daybreak.
A scientist in Holland reported an undulating mass on the horizon.

I'd be interested to read your thoughts.
---
Links
prometheus.al.ru...
www....-------------------------/library/history/nature/tunguska/
www.viewzone.com...

I just posted but then started reading from the begining.

I just had to post some scans from
www.areadownload.com...
in a document called:
Tesla Energie Libre Les Inventions Scientifique FR Ovni Ufo

The Death Ray. Note the Lightning is shown as AC at 500KHZ at some
unknown ampreage and voltage and Earth is AC at 12HZ.

The Tesla Tower providing earth hugging 12HZ power perhaps to 18,000 miles
away.

From another poster:

Tesla's stranger inventions really are quite fascinating, and one has to wonder if they actually did work, given his proven genius with earlier inventions. Some of his stranger invenions include:

The Electro Dynamic Induction Lamp - created in 1894, this lamp is said to be far advanced to anything currently available (US Patent 514,170)

The Bladeless Tesla Turbine - Patented in 1916 (US Patent 1,329,559), is said to be the most efficient engine, and is roughly 20 times more efficient than currently available turbines, though is still not in use.

Tesla's Ozone Generator - Patented in 1896 (US Patent 568,177). Ozone generators are currently banned for medical use in the U.S. despite claims of some doctors that ozone therapy can cure cancer and AIDS.

Not familiar with the Electro Dynamic Induction Lamp but I just happened across
a physics book with the floressent light fixture and workings outlined.

One online forum got into the Tesla Turbine and may be building one as a
project.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by obsidian468

Whats interesting about Tesla is that you get to a certain point and stuff just stops... One point where the information tends to keep moving is the stories of Arthur Matthews... I highly doubt that Nikola Tesla ever had a son or was ever married... Arthur may have understood some of Tesla's research and even replicated it... and he may even have worked under Tesla but that doesnt prove him to be his son. The other point was the picture of Matthews in his 80's and the comparison to Nikola's photo from around the same age.. well.. just as white people look at asians and think they look similiar is it too hard to believe that hey.. maybe whites can look the same too.. i on one hand look exactly like Maynard James Keenan from Tool and Scott Ian from Anthrax.. who both also bear a slight resemblence to nikola (minus the hair).. does that make us relatives of the tesla's or even each other.. i highly doubt it... Matthews stated that Tesla removed the Wardenclyffe tower in Long Island because he believed the Germans would have used it "against" the united states... well.. then why did tesla build two transmitters in canada that were both shut down... OH and I suppose Stanley Meyers brother is making a lot of ground with his hydrogen technology in canada as well.. face it.. all industrialized nations are ruled by money.. and rules on paper.. that can easily be changed to help out the people in charge.. if there is all of a sudden something in our constitution that is being violated they make an ammendment.. what sense does that make.. a constitution isnt static... and it doesnt change regardless of technology... freedom is freedom is freedom.... the other point noone ever brings up is Tesla's theories of space... why did Nikola Tesla hate einstein and think he was wrong.. because he didnt believe in gravity.. he believed that a planet had to have motion and an iron core to generate energy to create an atmosphere.. planets dont exert an outward force on other bodies in space.. there is no air to effect anything in the vacuum of space.. he believed that all motion in space was straight lines... just as newton had said and then kind of changed the whole meaning of it by trying to define gravity in a really wrong way.. but what does this prove... well.. for one weve never been on the moon... why.. does the moon have storms.. does the moon have clouds.. does the moon have seasons.. i challenge anyone to sit outside for weeks and months on end to stare at the moon and find any evidence of lightning.. which they wont.. but you can still challenge me if you would like... well.. the moon doesnt even have an iron core (nasa approved)... so how did buzz and neil and countless other apollo astronauts manage to be continually pulled back to the moon while they jumped around on it.... huh.. someone pllllllllllllllllllllllllease answer me.. oh and if anyone cares.. how can you explain the tides... hmm.. pretty simple if you ask me.. at least easier than if you believe in gravity... ok.. the visible spectrum of electromagnetic waves is not that big... now imagine all the x-rays and gamma rays and other rays being emitted by the sun that we cannot see.. how about those rays hit one side of the earth.. releasing gases and displacing the mass on that side facing the sun.. the cooler side which is "more dense" due to the pressure of everything contracting from being cool then rotates to face the sun

In general density can be changed by changing either the pressure or the temperature. Increasing the pressure will always increase the density of a material. Increasing the temperature generally decreases the density.

when there is a full moon more rays hit the cooler portion of the earth causing it to "brake". just like a cup of coffee in your lap when you slam on your brakes..or i guess im just #ing crazy too..

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Its not either or, Tesla was both mad and a genius. If he was not mad he had some severe nurosises.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Tesla was a geneus defenatly how ever there is a thin line betwene geneus and insanity wether or not he died when thay said he did faigning death is easy especaly if you are inteligent and he the problem with the wireless energy was it was impossible to meter so no one was intresed. if he went to this futureistic city then it would be not be hard to detect but then again if it is anywhare it would be somewhare esy to hide or somwhare anomolus such as the bermuda tringle whch would explane the disaperance of planes in that locality??

anyway he was one of the gratest men ever to live

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
70 years after his death he is still 100 years ahead of our time. Even the HAARP is based on Tesla tech. Tunguska explosion? Tesla. The odometer in your car? Tesla. The lord of all things electric? Tesla. Bad ass love song? Tesla. Heres a good question. When Tesla died the feds immedietly raided his residence and lab and made off with trunk loads of notes. Theyve never been seen since. Whatever happened to them?

They're being put to work.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Who was that guy saying that tesla inventions didnt pan out? Lmfao. HAARP????? I am pretty sure thats based off of Tesla's invention.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Tesla is still alive today , he lives in an Intra-terrestrial city next to the earth core. His theory wasnt published for the simple reason that in the wrong hands it can destroy the earth .With his wall of light invention he was able to interfere in time and space, and was able to interact with reality and modify it according to his will. Somethings are better kept in secret, but thats not news.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So, you're implying that he's alive and well at 151 years old?

I love a good conspiracy theory, but please try and make it at least remotely plausible.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm looking for the video with the anti gravity wheel...
he places it on a scale and thus shows weightlessness.

Unless he had a wire holding it up.

But not useless at all since the early UFO wobble is thought to be
mechanically induced and must be mechanically corrected.

The saucer not having the helicopter torque correction.

I suppose under hover conditions one might see this effect but as
we know I always think opposite some times and wonder if the
charge effect doesn't take over the mechanical world as is apparent
with the rest of Tesla Flying Machine (aka UFO) behavior.

The engine for the famous Tesla VTOL patent seems missing
as balanced rotation would be required and the reason why
some think it was stuck into saucer.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gillmatt

There are so many things wrong in this post. First of, the elipse (...) is not an all-purpose punctuation mark. Try ., ?, or, in extreme cases, !.

First off, the Wardenclyffe Tower (which was in New York, not in Colorado as stated by the OP) was demolished by the US in 1917 to prevent its use by the Germans, against Tesla's wishes. However, given that the tower would be a fairly recognizable landmark for German U-Boats to use, this was not at all a far-fetched explanation, and certainly not evidence of a conspiracy.

Secondly, Tesla disapproved of Einstein's general theory of relativity based on how he (and most early twentieth century scientists) viewed space. Einstein proposed that the attractive forces between celestial bodies was due to curvature in space-time. However, Tesla, along with other scientists, simply could not believe that space itself could be distorted. In Tesla's words, space is empty, therefore "something cannot act upon nothing". Tesla DID believe in gravity, just Newton's version of it, not Einsteins.

Tesla DID NOT believe that a planet needs a molten core and motion to maintain an atmosphere. This is simply not true. For example, Jupiter has a huge atmosphere, but does not have any core, much less a molten one.
The only thing needed to have an atmosphere is gravity. The Earth's molten core does not "generate" an atmosphere, the atmosphere is a collection of gases surrounding the planet that naturally formed when the Earth did.

The moon does in fact have a very small atmosphere, but it is much less dense than our own due to the lower gravity of the moon. The Apollo astronauts (who did visit the moon: all evidence points to it) remained on the moon not due to the presence of an atmosphere but because of the attractive forces between particles, i.e. gravity.

Also, your theory on planetary rotation is ridiculous and unfounded. It would not be possible to move 6 octillion kg object by the movement of gases alone. If your theory is true, then why does Mercury, which has little to no atmosphere, rotate, and why does Jupiter, which has a massive atmosphere, not rotate at abnormally high speeds?

On a side note, Einstein's theory of general relativity is not a "wrong way" to define gravity. It was proved to be real after it was observed that light from distant stars curved around the sun, which is not possible in Newtonian models of space. Yes, gravity exists, and it exists due to the curvature of space time due to massive bodies. This is a fact that has been theoretically and empirically confirmed by every test run against it.

Yes, that's right.

Nikola Tesla was wrong.

While Tesla was certainly a genius during his time, he was wrong about some things.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Tesla's theories are mostly hidden away but Einstein's are not.
I'll stick with what Tesla said.

Nothing has bee proven by Einstein only talked about as much
as Tesla is doubted.

Maxwell has laws and Einstein has theories.
Unlock the Illuminati vaults and we will learn the universal laws of Tesla.

The activity on the Moon was interesting and thought there would be
a tremendous problem with static electricity.
None seemed to develop or tested that I recall.

And no problems with any movement on Mars so far.
I get so much static in winter a Xenon (from strange or stranger,
Greeks were always greeting strangers) bulb is flashing every
once in awhile.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Tesla was a genius, he was also a man who believed in time travel. The government used a machine and the exact directions of Tesla' They took a battle ship and teleported it from Norfolk Virginia to around southern South Carolina. They again attempted this experiment with animals and half of the animals died but the other half survived completely insane. Then they tried this a third time with the same battle ship however they put men on it. Half the men came back dead and some of the dead were cut in half, possibly in another dimension. However there were four men who came back completely insane. Tesla was out there and he was incomprehensible. There is no way that anyone on earth now or ever that could understand what went on in his mind.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Tesla topic coming around again.
I was just summarizing this Tesla person with some new thoughts.
He knew the principles of Faraday's induction currents.
As basic as you can get.
He came at the right time to make the 220v 60Hz power system.
Like Gates with computers although Jobs was first.
He became world wide famous and in with the Illuminati of his time.
Except Edison.
Got funding from various luminaries the likes of John Jacob Astor.
Tesla didn't seem to hit the mark after selling patents to GE.
No one was interested in his secret project.
Tesla's radio parents were used by every one in the world and
he finally beat Marconi when the jury said he invented radio.
The reason for the many unknown projects is that they are
working and work too well.
I know, read his mis information bios and all he did was fail.
Not so.
Tesla was ahead of his time because the Illuminati are still
holding us back from what he already gave us.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A star and a tip of my hat, OP, for such elegant writing, and for striking an almost perfect balance between scepticism and belief. 'Writer' indeed; I do hope you're still with us and reading this.

I have nothing to add to the conversation - grover said it for me, Tesla was clearly both genius and madman - but what a great read. Salutations to all.

'Tesla!'

'Gesondheit!'

'Tunguska!'

'You know, you really should take something for that cold.'

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is new speculation on Tunguska.

It was one of
Hitler's bombs

Go figure.

Tesla and Hitler were mad only because people feared what they could do.
However both were ruled by the Illuminati.
One they let run wild, Hitler, and the other suppressed, Tesla, to use
his radio without payment (US and Germany using radio communications
for free during WWII.. yeah he let them have their fun) as the Illuminati
waited out more devices that would smash GE into pieces and make
the Foo look like a Volkswagen Beetle in the sky.

Under Hitler and the extreme security state, many great developments
like TV made great strides and other Tesla inventions and offshoots
too great for disclosure.
Tesla great inventions were shipped to Germany for development.
The only mad now days are the stories to hide the Illuminati stronghold
of scientific developments that would ruin the established wealth
concentrations like DC electricity with Edison.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rufi0o

Thats because when he died our govt took his secret writtings an utilized them for the cold war

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

It was one of Hitler's bombs

Hitler bombed Tunguska when he was nineteen?

Wasn't he homeless in Vienna at the time?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hosta420
reply to post by rufi0o

Thats because when he died our govt took his secret writtings an utilized them for the cold war

Any reference to Tesla is considered secret, so what is told can't be right.

PBS might have had Tesla special which must give the same bio as on the
net and youtube and in various books.

PBS and all TV (and books and otherwise media) science communications
are controlled by US and UK Intel where necessary.

Since 1945 science coverage has been restricted as WWII footage never
show Foos or any suspected Tesla invention developed by Germany.

Well Germany had encrypted radio communications and TV that
are related to Tesla setting the stage.

Some WWII stories with rocket films seem to tell lies about the
V2 engine development which should be by Von Braun ( or van
Dresser) and never associate Von Braun with Tesla developments
such as gyros developed by Tesla and Sperry.

Some Tesla researchers I believe are far more into what
Tesla researched. I hope to put up photos of the effects of
high voltage 100,000 volts and frequency 100,000 cycles
using 200 watts that make the gases in a candle flame into
a rigid tree formation. But then of course the effect of electricity
on gases has been hid for over 100 years.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

It was one of Hitler's bombs

Hitler bombed Tunguska when he was nineteen?

Wasn't he homeless in Vienna at the time?

The suggestion forgets the initial Tunguska investigation and hopes
to insinuate there was a cover up in the date of the photos.

Since Tunguska is a major topic on the net, at times connected
with Tesla, there might well be a cover reason to place doubt
in the German development of the atomic bomb and its detonation.
At least one skeptic thinks Los Alamos and Oppenheimer had nothing to
do with atomic bomb development other that the trinity sight
explosion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join