It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Aliens Just Be Humans From The Future?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

THe idea is that once you get to a certain technological point you can reverse time travel to THAT point from the future, but you cannot go into the past previous the to the technological breakthrough.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I like to think of The Big Bang Theory (the tv show) when thinking of time travel. A character mentions that if his friend is still working on this time machine which he states "if I ever did invent one I would just travel back in time to give it to myself so I wouldn't have to build it in the first place", which makes me think that if we did invent time travel in the future that by now someone will have came back from the future to give us time travel (unless as stated by someone else, backwards time travel isn't possible which would not only cancel out that thought but also aliens being future us).

Or even if they didn't come back to give us a time machine or the knowledge, there would at least be rogue people that go back and prevent certain things from happening (assassinations, wars, terror attacks, etc). I guess one could argue that by some people NOT being assassinated, some wars NOT happening and other attacks never coming to light is proof that we've time traveled back, but I'm not going for it.

Personally I don't think aliens are time travelers, rather they are just other beings.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
hmm interesting ... ok well there are certain things that i must discuss here .......

1stly ''Aliens'' what are they ??

ok if life can evolve here (even under hot/saline/subzero/in chemical environments such as arsenic or sulphur etc) it can evolve anywhere.... now what i really wanna say is that aliens are real but that does not mean the intelligent aliens have visited earth. Now ill tell why, this is also what Stephen Hawkins has told, : now just look at the human race - when we wanna contact other planet first we will send robots to do our work as it is waay less risky and now astro physicists say aliens will do the same .... the advantage is that this way they can scour more area of the universe in lesser time AND this will help avoid death or loss of their species just in case the space craft blows up or malfunctions or if they do encounter some other organic life because this is what we would also do ... i mean humans are also developing AI robots that are smarter and mainly cause they have no feelings (and no they wont take over the world
lol)

Also if some aliens contact us they will likely wipe us out (again using mostly robots as its cheaper, efficient and they wont lose any of their species) not come to our planet and say, ''hey there, we are ____ ____ from the planet _____ and we would like to live in peace and use your resources for our survival'' because this is what we will also do ...... if we are to colonize planets and if we find a planet with life having certain amount of intelligence we will mostly wipe them out mainly using robots to minimize our losses ...... true no ???? another reason why aliens cant just come to our planet in person is cause they might have a different atmospheric composition and gravity etc than ours

now aliens humans from the future ??? that is highly possible because if we for example continue this type of system on our planet like if we are divided among our selves by having different nations and stuff then sooner or later we will be on the verge of wiping off our species from the surface of the planet ........ then if our future species does manage to develop a time machine then they would use it to learn what we did wrong in the past (like was it the US capitalizm that caused this ??, was it democracy gone wrong??)but also they wont be stupid to just come out of nowhere ..... if they can develop the time machine then they would atleast know how to make disguises (based on bending of light rays giving them an appearance that they need) mainly again i believe that they would send robots like small flies or birds atleast (because it is already possible to mind control peigons using chips and they can be used for survillance) so them using smaller robots is highly possible ........

personally this aliens coming to earth thing was started (intentionally leaked) by the US military in cold war to hide the real truth of them using humans as lab rats so that the press would waste their time looking for nothing instead of finding the horrible truth ......... dont get me wrong , aliens are real but i highlt doubt that they personally came to earth .....

sorry for the loooong post, do tell what you all think

-TiberianPurifier

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericds
I like to think of The Big Bang Theory (the tv show) when thinking of time travel. A character mentions that if his friend is still working on this time machine which he states "if I ever did invent one I would just travel back in time to give it to myself so I wouldn't have to build it in the first place", which makes me think that if we did invent time travel in the future that by now someone will have came back from the future to give us time travel (unless as stated by someone else, backwards time travel isn't possible which would not only cancel out that thought but also aliens being future us).

Or even if they didn't come back to give us a time machine or the knowledge, there would at least be rogue people that go back and prevent certain things from happening (assassinations, wars, terror attacks, etc). I guess one could argue that by some people NOT being assassinated, some wars NOT happening and other attacks never coming to light is proof that we've time traveled back, but I'm not going for it.

Personally I don't think aliens are time travelers, rather they are just other beings.

hmm but even if that guy gives it to his ''past'' form so he doesnt have to invent it ..... he would have to invent it or it wouldn't exist at all .........

about your idea of using time travel to prevent assassinations we have to understand 1 thing and that is that the nazis were also developing time travel or atleast trying to based on tesla research ... this is mainly what US was testing in cold war forcing nazi scientists to work and using humans as lab rats .anyway we cant be sure that even if our future race does develop time travel then they would use it for changing our past ....
ok consider this: suppose if another war breaks out on earth.. suppose if its the most horrible war but the result is the best thing ever which is that the human race is united and that there are no more different nations and the only flag they hold high is of the human race and earth ........ now if they finally develop time travel then why would they change the past if the result (even though its was a result of war) was the greatest thing ever !!!! but that doesn't mean they wont use it .... cause suppose if in the far future human race wants to colonize a planet with intelligent life mainly because it has immense resources we need for our survival then obviously we might use it for destroying the other intelligent alien species by changing their past and ensuring we win....... i mean if humans finally have peace among themselves then they wouldn't mess with their own past cause the result could be something horrible they would rather mess up the past of some worthless alien species ..........

-TiberianPurifier
edit on 23/4/11 by TiberianPurifier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by karaxdeath

the butterfly effect my friend

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The first thing any human (or human like descendants) with time travel would be to visit ourselves.

Imagine if today we had that technology, and visited our Neanderthal ancestors, study and observe them, wonder how such a primitive species could go from cave people to greys.

Or say a what if scenario. Humans start a world war three, nuke the earth and make standard reproduction impossible, infertile. So resort to cloning measures, after a few generations cloning has a bad side effect. It damages your gnomes and t cells. In other words, the species is degrading and dying.

So a desperate plan is made, to go back in time and stop that from ever happening, self preservation at a whole new level. So the whole disclosure thing will never happen, cause it may have negative effects on the timeline, they wouldn't want to announce their presence only to those who could keep such a secret truly secret, a governmental system.

Indoctrinate the youth to take a great interest in the cosmos, from tv shows to movies even video games. If you have them thinking about it on a daily level, then they would be more prepared for it if say real aliens came to visit. No religious zealots screaming for their made up god and schizophrenic dreams.

I've done alot of thinking to the point I can imagine what a life of a grey may be like.

You don't eat, period. Every 720 hours you drink a weird glowing blue fluid, it's like water for humans but more of a kick. Computers everywhere, multiple "monitors" (holographic screens) multitasking at a higher level, learning many things all at once. Studying the differences of minerals from each individual supernova. Each sun gives different materials, but iron and hydrogen are the most common. Their ships are so advanced they don't fly through space, but under it.(dark matter streams and resonance frequencies) they may also have a "DNA map" Cataloging each and every species discovered, listed by planets they are from, comparing the differences in DNA structure and compounds would also be in their tasks.

New doors of physics open up, to the point you could have an altered field of physics. Meaning with the right gadgetry you could have an altered field and in this field you could change the laws of physics, wood could act like water, and you could walk right through it for example.

There is no need to speak words, thoughts are transferred instantly, with no misunderstanding of context. Every one has a code of logic, to know what is and isn't possible. Not as social as humans. More focused on the next big discovery. Studying newcomer species that have potential for space exploration, give them a silent hand, say help the, with social evolution. Everyone has rights, space isn't scary etc.

Or even upgrade a species to better fit their environment or give humans traits to evolve faster. 500,000 year ago, Neanderthals first hit the scene, then 200,000 years ago homo sapiens. Evolution keeps speeding up, the next jump well could be anywhere from next year till 500 years from now.

Evolution speeding up could be a part of the suns doing, certain types of radiations cam have profound affects on bio-organisms. Bacteria on the ISS exposed to radiation sped up in it's growth. So intelligence could be a random mutation. Humans aren't smart, dolphins are smarter, but lack a way to alter their environment.

So do not get the idea that humans and their descendants are great, because there is always a bigger fish.

But that's just an idea

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
someone proved it is not possible through some logic way,but i think it is established on our existing science and logic level,for example if you use elementary aknowlage to prove some complex math question,the answer may be impossilbe.infact it maybe not impossilbe because you do not know the way to prove it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Alright, I wanted to bring this back to the original person who started this thread..
Wow, I stumbled on this OLD thread.. and someday another person will again while searching for similar feelings..

"Would it be out of sink to say that the visitors are not from another planet but from a different time. Future evolved humans coming back to the past to see there evolution and visit the earth when it was still blue. Abductions are not just for info but for cures to future diseases. Think of it like a trip to the rain forest. The beautiful sights, the future cures and unstoppable destruction of. If everything started with a big bang then our matter and everything started at the beginning. No other being could have enough of a head start to be ahead of our progress (at least not to the point of multi-light speeds and universal mapping). "

Why do these abductions and encounters all end up looking human like?

Yesterday, I watched a documentary on how they found specific genes that changed between homo-sapiens and Apes. It was in the jaw muscles. The muscles in apes are so large that it keeps the skull size small. So they now say that is how humans were able to evolve mentally.
Eugenics gene therapy is something happening now and will advance in the future. What if man, in the future, our primary goal is to improve our intellectual capacity on advancing ourselves by enlarging the brain, I truly believe this will happen. At the 'End of the day' the brain is the most important thing. And maybe humans 'Decide' to evolve into something that is the same as the other on the outside to rid of outside judgments and create equality. And obviously the eyes are also important. What you create after this, is a human that looks like the 'typical' alien. Why would we be coming back in time to research? To get something they/we need. Maybe genes that were still unchanged. Maybe to place antibodies in this 'blood line' to fight against a future threat.

If anyone knows of any Movies/books/theories like this, I would be interested in seeing them.
'
Believe it or not from my comments, I am religious. It's just an idea that crosses me sometimes..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In an episode of Green Lantern comic, this played out.

Some saucer crashed, Hal went to investigate.

Since his Green Lantern ring, is able to detect, provide analysis info back to him, he analyzed the saucer and the Grey Alien body that came from the crash.

Hal's ring reported back that the Grey Alien, big black eyes, your traditional Grey, is a future version of the Human race. Where we actually evolved a million years or whatever into the future, that's what we became.

So this is a very popular idea that even comic book writers are fond of.

Kind of interesting to think in that direction, good plot for a Hollywood film I suppose.

So the Grey's could be humans from the future. We always assumed that time travelers from the future would look exactly identical to us now but with hip futuristic clothing...

Well, what if some # happened in the future, where our DNA or cellular structure starts breaking down or whatever science mambo jumbo you wanna squeeze in here... cause the human race to evolve into ... the Greys.

So the Grey's may be futuristic Human time travelers who came back in time to abduct Humans in this era so that they can study fresh human DNA to fix theirs???

Iunno, may sound silly but can be a silly SciFi movie plot??

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They could just as easy be from the far past.
it seems very hard to time travle.
are we that great? and how bad would they mess up there past?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by philware
reply to post by karaxdeath

the butterfly effect my friend

I tend to think that the Butterfly Effect can be massively overestimated. For the most part, things tend to happen in this world because of a lot of randomness. Yeah, a change to the past might create some small ripples in the timestream, but those changes could also quickly be absorbed by all the other random stuff happening. It's hard to test. But I wonder if you went back in time and killed Lee Harvey Oswald as a baby if JFK wouldn't still be assassinated, but by somebody else who would appear to fill that slot in history. I guess what I'm thinking about is "psychohistory," and it would be pretty difficult to test without actually going back in time and doing something, and then going back and not doing that thing. See what happens.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by unamedatmo

Looks to me like someone left a nerf gun on the trampoline all night

My take on E.T is that over the next X amount of years we totally destroy our own planets living conditions in such a way that evolution takes actions along the way turning us in to a more advanced human based life form.

If they had the tech would they come back to visit their ancestors for research purposes only?

Would they come back to warn us of the terrible times to come? If they did that would they not be damning their own creation/development?

Or how about we created them in the future through Human genetic engineering and they simply out bred/out fought us, again this would only be possible if in the future we have the tech for time-travel.

Second scenario is quite scary when you think about it

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Very good theory there I also think about it now and then, with the same exact arguments but theres just one catch.
You described a typical "Grey" type ET. Greys are usually depicted small, approx. 4 feet tall. And thats the flaw, because the human being is going to grow taller if the civilisation reaches a point where we only live in space.

(Zero Gravity Effect)

Origin of species - Human evolution

Found another good article

The Future of Man

edit on 3-1-2012 by Anim8tr because: 2nd article

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
No mouth hmmm I think that means noo fooood

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This thread is old, but interesting. If the earth becomes so polluted that the sun is blocked out, there would be no need for hair over time, eyes would become huge and black to adjust to the darkness. There would be no more physical labor, making the body small and weak, only mental labor making the brain huge. The skin could turn who knows what color from no sun and complete change in diet and nutrients due to earths hostile conditions. Then again, aliens would also look this way no matter what cold, dark planet they are from.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dallas

Time Travel, I read something the other day I was not aware of regarding Einstein's theory which basically said his theory include forward time travel but cannot preclude reverse time travel.

If his theory of Relativity holds fast in future then reverse time travel cannot exist. Interesting in ufological terms.

Dallas

But what if the time travelling started from the past to the future, and then reversed the opposite way from future to the past.
Don't you think that time travelling wasn't already invented long time ago ?!!
Or maybe, just maybe, the Einstein's theory is wrong?
Maybe, just maybe there is opposite way of time travelling from future to past? or what if the time doesn't actually have future, present and past ?!!! what if time isn't really what we'r learning at school ?!!!
There are so much unsolved mystery's that modern science has not solved yet, or are they?
I'm also believer that we are not alone in this universe, but I strongly believe that aliens are actually fellow humans from future!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MickeyDee

It's entirely possible, especially so since it is know to be at least scientifically possible to time travel, even if at our current tech levels, time travel would seem to be highly unlikely.

But don't fall into the trap of thinking everything is linear...just because a Human existence is measured in a linear 'lifespan', a variable period of time, or an interval measuring the amount of time that passes between birth to death - doesn't mean that development of Human culture, societies, technological progress is always going to be a linear A - B - C affair.

A scenario to explain Humans 'evolving' into the 'greys', and how their various attributes formed could be one such example of a non-linear development.

Imagine a nuclear war, where most life on Earth is destroyed. There are survivors here and there, mostly the wealthy or powerful, or their military protectors hiding out in their bunkers.

They might survive that way for generations, until their technology begins to fail...power for filtration systems goes offline, reactors fail, blow up or are attacked by rival survivor groups / clans.

Reduced to a troglodyte existence, without significant technology, mankind is forced to adapt to the conditions they find themselves in...and over time, living in the dimly lit underground, their eyes would evolve to be larger, to allow more light into the retina. Their grey, pallid skin would also be due to their never being able to see the Sun.

The seeping radiation would affect their bodies too, especially over generations, possibly causing their enlarged heads and stunted bodies.

Then, over time solutions for their problems were gradually engineered. At last able to emerge into the above ground world once more, their societies were rebuilt, again over many generations and through trial and error (having only oral folk memories and local legends of the time when their ancestors walked freely upon the surface of the Earth and the technological marvels they once possessed..there were stories of their ancestors travelling through the air and beyond the skies, massive metal craft as large as a city that could cross entire oceans without stopping (many of which were scoffed at as pure fantasy thinking).

They would gradually bring themselves up to technological levels once only spoken of in folklore, and then go beyond those levels, until they reach the stage of progress that allowed them mastery of the skies, seas and space..and time.

They could very well be our far, far, far, FAR future offspring, who are doing anthropological studies..studying us, their ancient ancestors.

How strange we must all look to them...as from their point of view, we 'modern Humans' are ancient, primitive, dribbling idiot Neanderthals like creatures...interesting, but damned ugly.
edit on 20-7-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: MickeyDee

It's entirely possible, especially so since it is know to be at least scientifically possible to time travel, even if at our current tech levels, time travel would seem to be highly unlikely.

But don't fall into the trap of thinking everything is linear...just because a Human existence is measured in a linear 'lifespan', a variable period of time, or an interval measuring the amount of time that passes between birth to death - doesn't mean that development of Human culture, societies, technological progress is always going to be a linear A - B - C affair.

A scenario to explain Humans 'evolving' into the 'greys', and how their various attributes formed could be one such example of a non-linear development.

Imagine a nuclear war, where most life on Earth is destroyed. There are survivors here and there, mostly the wealthy or powerful, or their military protectors hiding out in their bunkers.

They might survive that way for generations, until their technology begins to fail...power for filtration systems goes offline, reactors fail, blow up or are attacked by rival survivor groups / clans.

Reduced to a troglodyte existence, without significant technology, mankind is forced to adapt to the conditions they find themselves in...and over time, living in the dimly lit underground, their eyes would evolve to be larger, to allow more light into the retina. Their grey, pallid skin would also be due to their never being able to see the Sun.

The seeping radiation would affect their bodies too, especially over generations, possibly causing their enlarged heads and stunted bodies.

Then, over time solutions for their problems were gradually engineered. At last able to emerge into the above ground world once more, their societies were rebuilt, again over many generations and through trial and error (having only oral folk memories and local legends of the time when their ancestors walked freely upon the surface of the Earth and the technological marvels they once possessed..there were stories of their ancestors travelling through the air and beyond the skies, massive metal craft as large as a city that could cross entire oceans without stopping (many of which were scoffed at as pure fantasy thinking).

They would gradually bring themselves up to technological levels once only spoken of in folklore, and then go beyond those levels, until they reach the stage of progress that allowed them mastery of the skies, seas and space..and time.

They could very well be our far, far, far, FAR future offspring, who are doing anthropological studies..studying us, their ancient ancestors.

How strange we must all look to them...as from their point of view, we 'modern Humans' are ancient, primitive, dribbling idiot Neanderthals like creatures...interesting, but damned ugly.

No, it isn't known to be scientifically possible to time travel...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

Theoretically possible.

Most major theoretical physicists agree that it is at the least theoretically possible..GTR backs it too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join