It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical evidence of UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This was already discussed here : www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I already said what i think of it. Some paintings are explainable, like the cardinal hat for example. But some are unexplainable, like the famous luminous saucer-shaped craft with a dome and some windows. Too much details to be some kind of coincidence.

I think that people were representing some ufo/alien appearance by angels, but sometimes it was represented as how they really showed themselves, like for the case above.

[edit on 24/4/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I keep hearing this "active imagination" stuff as an explanation. Why does someone paint a disk with a beam of light coming out of it? And this is in times when we didn't have airplanes. And folks still see UFO stuff today, even credible witnesses like former president Carter.

Troy

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
and if all of these are missinterpretations and over active immaginations, dont forget there are more than just old paintings to go by as far as historical records go, tell me how it is you would interrpret these. in my view they simply cant be interpreted because they arnt any known ancient egyptial heyroglyph.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Some real excellent ancient paintings here ! Only one of which I had seen before. Captured them too.

Tks

Dallas

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Dallas]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Go to ufoartwork.com, you'll find all of these and more...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
sorry if i put it across as if i didnt know what that pic was, or what i thought that it was. i just wanted andpau66's interpretation of what it was. and apparently its a moon/sun/human thing. which is weirdly possible i guess. but suppose someone of today painted a scene with what we consider to be a ufo sighting, and 400 years from now, someone else finds it and says its not a ufo but a style from that artists century, when the person who painted it knew thats exactly what it was? i guess no one can win, since art in general can be very hard to explain, though i believe that it also can be plain, simple, and pretty straight forward also.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Why do saucer paintings come up in different parts of the world, so many years ago?

Overactive imaginations, yeah we could say that. And we could shut our eyes and pretend that these things don't exist. And we can say that witness after witness is suffering from an overactive imagination. And we can go to the shrink and he can give us pills for our crazy imagination to further blind the truth that sits before us. And we can sit here and be complacent in drugged stupidity (looking like smiling Bob on the Enzyte commercials), and be happy we don't know anymore.

Because "we all know" that only the mentally inadequate see UFOs. Oh, and ghosts too, shhh, don't let anyone know I saw a ghost, because people might think I am crazy. Silly us, we should have known it was just our overactive imaginations.

Troy

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well two things I can add here is 1) the paintings in some cases are really old, and 2) they are'nt birds.
I know of a Old Mona Lisa type painting with a man and his dog in the background looking up torward the sky that depicted a disk hovering.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I agree. Some of these can't be explained by overactive imagination or pure coincidence.

If this isn't showing a sighting then I don't know what does.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Centrixinal]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think many of these were drawn/painted in a time were things were depicted as seen and without prior belief.
There probably is a certain amount of artist representation in some of those because lets face it I don't believe the 'craft' would have sat in one place long enough for someone to paint it there and then. - that is an asumption too, perhaps they did hang around longer back then for they didn't have the issue of scrambled fighters on intercept to worry about.

Then again they could just be paintings of swamp gas.

I doubt it though.

I believe those paintings are of crafts imho.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
People didn't have camera's back then so they had to paint or draw what they saw.Even now adays, if people seen a flying saucer and didn't catch it on camera they would draw a picture of what they saw. I don't doubt alot of the things they painted could be meteors and eclipses but some of the paintings clearly show a saucer and flying machines.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't think this thread should be used to argue about the existence of UFOs or the meaning of old paintings. I have seen the site referred to by the person who started this thread and it is an interesting site full of some very interesting art work. However, it is a speculative site in regards to the facts.
There are MANY other sites that seriously address the facts in this matter.

There is considerable data on this subject that hasn't even made it onto the internet. At this point there is way way too much data in favor of a highly-populated universe for anyone to get very far in arguing against it. I don't know why anyone would bother to argue against it. The major challenge now is to improve the reliability of our information and to decide what to do about the situation.

As far as art is concerned, I wish more people would paint pictures of UFOs and post them on the internet. They are much more pleasing to look at than the average photo, and I think add some elegance and grace to the subject.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join