It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabs are now realising they are in deep trouble

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Ive heard Americans called far worse in these very forums than what I said, but I better not critic any Muslim countries. No, that would be Raciest.

I see how it goes in here now.

Max

[edit on 033030p://555 by LA_Maximus]

With all due respect ,LA

If a Warrant officer tells you to stop do you tell him to go spin on it?
You should know and respect the chain of command, you after all spent 2 years on the "front lines", if you cant show repsect for that then you certainly couldnt have served.
Ever soldier, sailor, marine and airman I have met has respected the chain of command.

If an american is called far worse then report it, we wont stand for anyone being labelled anything.

You see your interpretation of what "goes in here now", your interpretation is incorrect.

The mods try to be fair and do not misuse thier powers....they may make descions you dont like or agree with but you will accept them or go and speak to another mod.

Your "truth" is an opinion, a view.
Truth is not black and white, you opinion here is insulting and is aimed at degradeing individuals, countries, races and peoples religios, political, military and philisophical views.
Until you can discuss something of this delicate nature reasonably then I suggest you do not add to the discussion.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Ive heard Americans called far worse in these very forums than what I said, but I better not critic any Muslim countries. No, that would be Raciest.

Exactly!

On this message board you can't criticise anyone except Americans without getting some huge backlash.

If you are allowed to call Americans selfish I damn well should be able to call Muslims, Arabs, Chinese, Japanese, blacks, whites and purples selfish.

This is complete BS.

You have voted LA_Maximus for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Islam has done some good things for the Earth.

ALGEBRA! Yes algebra was advanced greatly by Islam. Just look at the word. Algebra has such an Arab feel to it that once you realize it you can never forget.

Ancient civilizations wrote out algebraic expressions using only occasional abbreviations, but by medieval times Islamic mathematicians were able to talk about arbitrarily high powers of the unknown x, and work out the basic algebra of polynomials (without yet using modern symbolism). This included the ability to multiply, divide, and find square roots of polynomials as well as a knowledge of the binomial theorem. The Persian mathematician, astronomer, and poet Omar Khayyam showed how to express roots of cubic equations by line segments obtained by intersecting conic sections, but he could not find a formula for the roots. A Latin translation of Al-Khwarizmi's Algebra appeared in the 12th century. In the early 13th century, the great Italian mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci achieved a close approximation to the solution of the cubic equation x3 + 2x2 + cx = d. Because Fibonacci had traveled in Islamic lands, he probably used an Arabic method of successive approximations.

oh and also I AM being serious and am not mocking anyone or anything

[edit on 4/22/2005 by verfed]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Don't forget, the (123...) number system we all use is Arabic. If it weren't for that we'd be using Roman numerals. That would suck.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
You don't think generalizing is racist?

First of all, the heart of the problem is the generalization.
Secondly, the generalization equates to stereotyping.

This would apply for comments such as:
"Americans are stupid, arrogant, and ignorant."
The examples can go on. I simply chose one that is utilized nearly on a daily to weekly basis.

If members would avoid using generalizations equating to being stereotypical in nature, then perhaps the TOPIC could be discussed and maintained rather than what someone says. You think?

BTW, the topic IS: Arabs are now realising they are in deep trouble

seekerof

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Mad man , if its only americans we are allowed to criticize then why is there several threads dedicated to criticizeing other countries?
And further to this point criticize means:

Give your judgment or opinion, showing both good and bad points. Give evidence to justify your opinion

Therefore, where are the good points in threads bashing other cultures aka: "thank you france and germany for stabbing us in the back!" I think we remember the "good" points being listed by mainly europeans and all the "bad points" being listed by mainly americans.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There should be a forum devoted to this 'we hate arabs, europeans and anyone else who dares to disagree with us' forum where idiots can spout their usual 'Arabs contribute nothing' nonsense to their hearts content.

By doing little thing such as preserving and improving on the work of the Romans and Greeks the Arabs paved the way for the European Rennaisance, without which there would be no modern world to allow the ill informed to sneer at others.

The Arabs have known that they are in trouble for a while now, the only trouble is that noone is sure how to react. The most probable solution is an arabic equivalent to the reformation, leading to a more moderate stance.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
People forget also that the middle east was from where civilization came from as to "bible believes"

Any way the only ones that should be afraid is the Royal family after all the only reason they are behind with so much wealth in oil like the "link" said is because the weath is control by the elite, with US blessings occurs.

The wealth in Saudi is manage by the Saud Royal family and private investors.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I think we remember the "good" points being listed by mainly europeans and all the "bad points" being listed by mainly americans.

You mean "bad points" listed by actual Americans, or "bad points" listed by Europeans that colonized yet another continent starting from Dec. 11th 1620?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
You mean "bad points" listed by actual Americans, or "bad points" listed by Europeans that colonized yet another continent starting from Dec. 11th 1620?

I'll leave that arguement for another time.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well, I guess I stepped on some toes in here, cause I just got a warning sent to me. I can no longe respond to what I have written here, even tho its the honest truth.

Max

The Honest truth....lol all you sounded like was a racist thug....

Like me saying all black ppl are uneducated lower class all Americans are up themself and dont care about anything but themself.

When will ppl relise that what shown on TV (Where he prob got his info from) is only the crap that is happening in this world lets face it good news doesnt make "good news".

Muslims as a whole are a friendly non violent race but like any other religion it is twisted to suit the needs of mad men and their plot for world domination.

No wonder you got a warning i wouldnt want racial comments said either in a respected forum.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Exactly!

On this message board you can't criticise anyone except Americans without getting some huge backlash.

If you are allowed to call Americans selfish I damn well should be able to call Muslims, Arabs, Chinese, Japanese, blacks, whites and purples selfish.

This is complete BS.

You have voted LA_Maximus for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Deny Ignorance think there should be a bit about deny StereoTypes lol.
If you going to degrade a person and say they and their country are basically a waste of space then you should get moaned at.
A mod would give anyone a warning for saying that.

Devilwasp you got a way above for that great anti racial speach!!

Some inventions by Muslim ppl.

Telscope - Abul Hasan
The Pendulum - Ibn Yunus
First watch was made by Kutbi
Gunpoweder - Mir Fatehullah Kan (Not to sure on that one)

Muslim ppl are also some of the best in theortical Science.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
To say that the middle east hasn't done anything good in 700 years or for however long you wish to call it it is nuts.

How about keeping the light of love and hope alive while the western world was going thru the dark ages? They were expanding universities at the same time we were burning books in the name of god, not to mention burning people for the same reason.

The middle east is now going thru its own version of the dark ages, where religion rules and tyranny is the result. Not to mention the need to spread religion to all the world and some how save it.

The middle east kept the light alive when we were bathed in the ignorance of religious rule. It seems to me that we should at least be willing to do the same for them.

Personally, i believe it's a debt we owe them.

This is just my humble opinion.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
mrwupy,

Well said and its nice to hear a refreshing change of attitude from the constant ; point counter point arguements.
I would give you a way above vote but I used them all

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by minority2000uk
Like me saying all black ppl are uneducated lower class all Americans are up themself and dont care about anything but themself.

If you're saying these things hypathetically, you obviously think them to be true in some way, but either repress your stereotyping like most try and do, or just don't have the courage to say those are your beliefs. Everybody is rascist in one way or another, everybody dislikes another group in one way or another. It's just good old human nature, I love how so many pretend to be above it, when it's clear as day they're not.

Muslim ppl are also some of the best in theortical Science.

Ahh, so somebody's religion somehow is passed through DNA and passes the gene of theoretical science superiority? Who is stereotyping here?

Muslims as a whole are a friendly non violent race

Muslims are not a race but a religion. Americans are not a race but a nationality. We are all one race, humans. Until EVERYBODY on ALL SIDES realizes this, there will never be peace on earth, or the end of racism.

[edit on 22-4-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You have voted mrwupy for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted by Devilwasp
mrwupy,

Well said and its nice to hear a refreshing change of attitude from the constant ; point counter point arguements.
I would give you a way above vote but I used them all

Seeing as you couldn't DW, I will, as it is how it is.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
If you're saying these things hypathetically, you obviously think them to be true in some way, but either repress your stereotyping like most try and do, or just don't have the courage to say those are your beliefs. Everybody is rascist in one way or another, everybody dislikes another group in one way or another. It's just good old human nature, I love how so many pretend to be above it, when it's clear as day they're not.

Yes everyone is a racist but what you define as racist is depending on your opinion and view.

Ahh, so somebody's religion somehow is passed through DNA and passes the gene of theoretical science superiority? Who is stereotyping here?

I think he was pointing out the current ones are quite good. If he had said "they will always be good scientists." then your statement would be true but I'm afriad it is not.

Muslims are not a race but a religion. Americans are not a race but a nationality. We are all one race, humans. Until EVERYBODY on ALL SIDES realizes this, there will never be peace on earth, or the end of racism.
[edit on 22-4-2005 by 27jd]

Well said.....
b

Oh and thanks stu!
Please dont try and hit me again!

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Oh and thanks stu!
Please dont try and hit me again!

No worries, my kilt wearing, haggis munching friend
(theres a generalisation for you!)....

Your up a but late though DW, shouldn't you be in bed? I have an excuse coz I am at work...You been out on the raz?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
No worries, my kilt wearing, haggis munching friend
(theres a generalisation for you!)....

No problem my moris danceing, english football holigan friend.

Your up a but late though DW, shouldn't you be in bed? I have an excuse coz I am at work...You been out on the raz?

Prepareing for the TA show 2 morra, lol uniforms to press
stupid number 1's....
Lol you really show the "productivenes at work" of the british work force huh!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Yes everyone is a racist but what you define as racist is depending on your opinion and view.

rac·ism

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

That's how the dictionary defines it. Opinion or point of view only serves to justify or negate racism within ones self.

I think he was pointing out the current ones are quite good. If he had said "they will always be good scientists." then your statement would be true but I'm afriad it is not.

If he had said "the current ones are good scientists", then your statement would be true, but he didn't specify either way, you said you think that's what he was pointing out, I thought something else, so neither statement is true or false. Right?

Well said.....

Just telling it like it is brother!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join