Arabs are now realising they are in deep trouble

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
www.strategypage.com...

they need to realize they need to change and not keep staying in the old age theocracy and monarchy and dictatorchy
etc. im glad many Arabs neither support nor sypathize with Al Qaeda, they may hate America for invasion of Iraq and supporting Israel but they aint joining Al Qaeda's jihad enmasse.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They are in deep trouble.

But for for another reason: Once the dependancy on oil is gone, the Middle East will dry up and waste away. Arab nations that have built thier wealth on oil will become the thrid world countries they really are. They export nothing tangible but oil.

Oil WILL be replaced in our lifetime. The shift has already started. Big business is noticing the profitability in energy conservation and products that save energy. The Toyota Prius cant keep up with demand. And thats just the first gen hybrid!! Once hybrid and simluar tech is main stream, oil use will slowly deminish. The world is just one breakthrough away from making oil totally obsolete anyways.

If I were an oil rich Arab nation right now, I would start to make some friends with the big three (USA, Russia, China) and fast. Time is running out....

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Interesting related articles from Foreign Affairs, a publication of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Autum of the Autocrats

If the assassins of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri sought to make an example of him for his defiance of Syria, the aftermath of the crime has mocked them. For a generation, Lebanon was an appendage of Syrian power. But now the Lebanese people, in an "independence intifada," are clamoring for a return to normalcy. The old Arab edifice of power has survived many challenges in the past, but something is different this time: the United States is now willing to gamble on freedom.

Freedom and Justice in the Modern Middle East

To speak of dictatorship as being the immemorial way of doing things in the Middle East is simply untrue. It shows ignorance of the Arab past, contempt for the Arab present, and lack of concern for the Arab future. Creating a democratic political and social order in Iraq or elsewhere in the region will not be easy. But it is possible, and there are increasing signs that it has already begun.

Both are decently sized previews.

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In the last 700 years, Islam has produced nothing....nothing but suicide bombers, dictatorships and Al Jazeera. Their crooked leaders never invested in EDUCATING their large populations and giving them honest jobs, instead they took whatever "booty" they could get their hands on and lived-large, while the masses struggled in poverty.

Look at Japan, its has a small landmass and no natural resources, but their economy is a powerhouse in the world, because they invested in their peoples educations and put them to work.

Another thing that must trouble Arabs, is the large numbers of Catholics that showed up to the Papa Popes funeral...it can't be comforting to a radical Muslim to see millions of Catholics that are waking up and looking around....The German Pope was chosen specifically to bring the Godless Europeans back to the church, before its too late!!

Arabs are in deep trouble and I hope they can seize the chance America has given them...to make Iraq and Afghanistan decent places for kids to grow up in and make a better life. If America fails now, the world will enter a Dark Age like none we have ever seen.....

Max

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Can I add this?

I really don't have much hope for an Arab "change of heart", because for the most part their selfish people who only think of themselves. To have a strong and decent country, men and woman must think of others around them as well as themselves.

Remember when about 1/2 of the Iraqi military walked off the job to protest the money paid to them? They gave no thought to the well-being of their fellow citizens, family members or friends...they simply walked off the job and that told me volumes about their mentality.

They cared more about money, than the safety of their fellow Iraqi's.

In my lousey opinion, Arabs and Muslims are selfish, greedy people who only care about themselves and immediate gain. Until that changes.....they will never have a safe place for their kids to grow up in or a safe place to work.

Sorry for being Blunt, but I was a tank driver in the Army.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Firstly I doubt the german pope was picked for the sole reason of "bringing god to europe".
Also your view of Islam is just showing the bad side of islam.
Would you prefer me to provide evidence of the thousands of christian nuts?
No, because you wouldnt believe it and just call it "Random acts"

Thier view of "decent" isnt the same of yours, they dont think the same way as you so your view of "Decent" might and probably will be heresy.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well Devilwasp, Im waiting for the Good side of Islam to stand up and take control of their future. Is there a good side to islam?? Ive yet to see it....Perhaps some Muslim in ATS can educate me about what Islam has done in the last 700 years to benefit their homeland and people.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
LA_maximus i really wish that you would stop generalizing all Muslims and muslim countries. we are all not uneducated zealots. i come from a 100% Muslim country we universal primary and secondary school education we have a literacy rate of 98.9 percent (btw that is higher than most western countries including). we have large number of university graduates educated in western universities our economy is was expanding at a rate of 5% per anum before the tsunami disaster. oh and by the way we dont have any natural resources for of our own

So believe me when I say not all Muslims are uneducated fool who wants nothing better than to blow up some westerns

Ps: I am from maldives

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
When two muslim countries are taken over in two years and when the bigger of the invasions is done on extremely visible false pretenses with the rest of the world either looking away or joining in on the illegality of it, then yes, muslims must realize they are in trouble. Nobody is going to be saving their skins from further invasions and occupations because most countries are complicit with the wrongdoing that is taking place. They have all known this for quite some time now and are not just waking up to this reality.

If these wars were really about democracy and spreading freedom the U.S. would not be aligned with countries like Pakistan and instead would have them on the hit list as well. Thats not happening though.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, I guess I stepped on some toes in here, cause I just got a warning sent to me. I can no longe respond to what I have written here, even tho its the honest truth.

Max

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Well Devilwasp, Im waiting for the Good side of Islam to stand up and take control of their future. Is there a good side to islam?? Ive yet to see it....Perhaps some Muslim in ATS can educate me about what Islam has done in the last 700 years to benefit their homeland and people.

As I have said before, there is no "good" or "bad" esspecially in religion...its interpretation and opinion...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.strategypage.com...

they need to realize they need to change and not keep staying in the old age theocracy and monarchy

Westerners need to keep their superiority complex in check.

Most Arabs do not wish to be western any more than we westerners wish to live the Arab life.

Talk about arrogance.
When are we in the west going to realize that not everyone on planet earth thinks our way of life is the best? It's pure unadulterated ignorance to assume such.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well, I guess I stepped on some toes in here, cause I just got a warning sent to me. I can no longe respond to what I have written here, even tho its the honest truth.

Sir, you most certainly can. I warned you because of

their selfish people who only think of themselves.

It reads as racist, infact it is racist, and racism gets warns. If you want to talk about arab sociology and how it results in more self-concern than social cocern, then you'd be incorrect, but well within the TOS. Stating that a biological group is inherently 'selfish' is racist. I know that you can contribute worthy material, but don't contribute in that manner. You are not being censored, infact, the warn carries no real penalty, only when they build up.

Arabs are not biologically incapable of social concern. Islamic and arabic thought, writtings, action, and history indicate that their society is very socially minded, and very 'civically' concerned.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
They are in deep trouble.

But for for another reason: Once the dependancy on oil is gone, the Middle East will dry up and waste away. Arab nations that have built thier wealth on oil will become the thrid world countries they really are. They export nothing tangible but oil.

This is projecting the western mentality onto the Arabs. It's dead wrong. And that is our problem. The big disconnect.

Arabs have lived on those lands from the beginning of time. The oil age is the blink of an eye compared to the thousands of years they have dwelt on those lands. They are tribal. They are shepherds and farmers. They are survivors. When the oil runs out and the western world doesn't have a pot to piss in, I assure you, the Arabs will be doing just fine.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The ignorance of the middle east in the United States is truly staggering. I learned this after spending time there and coming home. I'd say 99% of Americans have never been to the middle east, let alone even know people from those countries. Yet, so many Americans (like a few here on this thread) believe themselves to be so so knowledgeable and far superior to Arab/Muslims. It's ridiculous. If some of you bashing them had the slightest clue of that, you'd realize how dumb and fanatical YOU sound. Way to keep that UGLY AMERICAN syndrome alive!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan I warned you because of

Yeah whatever Nygdan, be careful that your personal views don't interfere with your job as Moderator. My comments were not "raciest", but are realities that the Muslim community needs to address if they want to thrive in the 21st century.

No raciest comments were used..I simply stated they are selfish and self-centered and you call that a "Raciest comment"? So much for honest debate huh?

Go ahead and send your 2nd warning if it makes you feel any better.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You don't think generalizing is racist?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well, I guess I stepped on some toes in here, cause I just got a warning sent to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ive heard Americans called far worse in these very forums than what I said, but I better not critic any Muslim countries. No, that would be Raciest.

I see how it goes in here now.

Max

[edit on 033030p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Tell me Max, have you met every single muslim/arab in the world? No? Then please, withold your prejudice. I have met many peaceful, kind, intelligent, and very tolerant muslims.

Ive heard Americans called far worse in these very forums than what I said...

If you don't like this happening, start by setting an example
Two wrongs don't make a right.

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Alushe]

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Alushe]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join