It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News- The instigator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Fox is #1 for a reason. People got tired of the left wing bias on the networks and CNN (Clinton News Network). This is the same reason that Bush is President. People are more informed nowadays and finally there are choices.

In bashing Fox, all the liberals are doing is following tradition. Any threat to them are demonized and bashed. People also see this, and know what is going on. ie. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Limbaugh, Bolton, Conservative Judges, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Tom Delay, Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice... the list could go on and on. These are key leaders for the Republicans, and present a threat to liberals. So in their eyes they must be discredited at all costs, even if it means telling lies about them.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Fox is #1 for a reason.

Mainly because they were the first openly bomb-throwing network. The rest were snoozers. I admit, it is interesting. Think about it. Wrestling, a form of drama and acting, outsells the theater. When was the last time you saw 30,000 people packed in the arena cheering on a soliloquy from MacBeth? I don't believe it is this reason:

People got tired of the left wing bias on the networks and CNN (Clinton News Network).

That just seems truly wrong. After all, CNN did not put Clinton in a positive light in the scandal. In fact, the only "positive spin" from them on it was reporting Clinton's absurdly high approval rating after perjury.

This is the same reason that Bush is President. People are more informed nowadays and finally there are choices.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Bush got into office first by a screw up in our electoral process. Not only that but running some of the dirtiest campaigning spearheaded by his man Rove. (Rove is a genius...a dirty genius...that any side would love for him to be on)

People are not more informed these days. Neither side really is. Everybody either says "Well, O'Reilly said this and that's good enough for me" or "Michael Moore said this and that's good enough for me." In fact, more and more people are getting their information from opinions and commentators. Informed they are not. Biased to one strict thought process...that is not informed.

In bashing liberal, all the conservatives are doing is following tradition. Any threat to them are demonized and bashed. People also see this, and know what is going on. i.e. Clinton, Clinton, Kerry, Dean, Franken, (listen to any righty who talks about that guy) Albright, CNN, PBS, Ginsberg... the list could go on and on. These are key leaders for the Democrats, and present a threat to conservatives. So in their eyes they must be discredited at all costs, even if it means telling lies about them.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
I know they are biased...and that is ok. Let 'em be that way. I just wish they would drop the word News from their channel. Also CNN and some others should as well. You have to get up very early in the morning to see actual news.

And do not ever think that there is not a balance of sorts for media outlets. The "it's Fox and Rush against the entire left wing" thought process is absurd. Since Fox's success, many of the other "news" channels have become increasingly conservative. The Right Wing owns the radio air waves. Who does the left have on the radio? Stuart Smalley, Jeanine Garafalo (comedic hack), Jerry Springer...the right owns the radio. And in print there are a number of conservative papers. Not to mention blogs and magazines and other things. The right tries to look like a victim in this when they have a comparable share in the media.

I absolutely agree with you on the first paragraph. As for the second paragraph, just consider this:

How many Liberals actually listen to talk radio anyway? Better that you should compare Talk Radio (mostly Conservative) to the Rock, R&B, Alternative, and Country stations on the FM dial. (Decidedly Liberal, with the exception of a some Country stations.) What...you don't think there's a Liberal slant in Music?

You mention Conservative press media. Which papers and magazines are those? With the exception of the Washington Times, I'm not aware of an obviously Conservative Newspaper. Frankly, I only know of one obviously Conservative weekly magazine, which is the Sacramento Union.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You should know that noone listens to music for a message anymore. And besides, they have some good clean, Republican types in music.

Conservative papers, the N.Y. Post is more conservative than not. National Review, The Washington Weekly, Seattle Sentinel, and many college campuses paper's are conservative. Magazines have quite a few. HUMAN EVENTS, Weekly Standard, or the rest on this link. All I am saying is there is not this monopoly by the left. It is a myth and you are playing the victim card.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Fox is #1 for a reason. People got tired of the left wing bias on the networks and CNN.

I disagree, I don't believe people got tired of news from CNN or "liberal media". I think people are just looking for entertaining news. For me, I like to watch Geraldo because he thinks he is Geronimo and thats just 100% pure entertainment.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I like fox but cant stand Geraldo...the guys a showboat and a bad journalist...do anything for an extra 15 minutes on air...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
I like fox but cant stand Geraldo...the guys a showboat and a bad journalist...do anything for an extra 15 minutes on air...

I second that emotion! Why FOX sullied their network by hiring him is truly beyond me.

Anyway I should add I saw most of the documentary in question, and I thought it was compelling. Something must be done about Iran.

[edit on 4/25/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
good thread dgtempe, and this goes to show the kind of propaganda and hatred that corporate media can create. FOX has gotta be the worst american news network coz its more opinion than fact, plus also its right-wing programming can be offensive to those outside the united states (yes the netherlands doco for one, the anti-french ranting that was occuring a lot a few years ago and we still here from time to time how the french economy must be collapsing because americans apparently arent buying their exports, ann coulter saying that the US should rollover and crush canada, then the whole amusing vietnam/CBC debacle).

My theory on why fox is so popular because it is not a news channel, but more 'infotainment', it'll provide information about current events then it'll spend a lot of time trying to entertain the viewer in a variety of ways to ensure ratings.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Fox is like the time in a news program where they have the skiing squirrel or a dog "talking". It isn't news, just funny. But while local news may have it for a few seconds, Fox has it 24/7. I like water skiing squirrels, but not 24/7.

Also, people like hearing how we should nuke the planet, and that god will rapture them after we nuke those damn frenchies, or even worse the French Canadians, they are only a few miles away, plotting to take over and spread freedom and happiness and not kill everything that won't give Bush a bj.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I've yet to see or hear a "liberal" news source want to destroy the world.

I listen to both.

Excuse me, but there are only three countries Pres. Bush mentions in his "axis of evil". Iraq, Iran, and North Korea. You'd have me believe that Fox News came up with the Iranian threat all by themselves??

When exactly does Fox News push for the destruction of the world?? When they unbury old data and repackage it for a "slow news day"? (we've known about Iran's AND North Korea's want of Nukes for quite a while. All President Bush did is go public with what we've known for at least 15 years!)

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Fox is like the time in a news program where they have the skiing squirrel or a dog "talking". It isn't news, just funny. But while local news may have it for a few seconds, Fox has it 24/7. I like water skiing squirrels, but not 24/7.

I suppose they do cover talking dogs quite a bit. There's often quite a few sound bites of Hillary or Ted Kennedy
When Kerry was running and had that skiing accident, the did cover skiing squirrels, too, so I must conciede this point to you

Also, people like hearing how we should nuke the planet, and that god will rapture them after we nuke those damn frenchies, or even worse the French Canadians, they are only a few miles away, plotting to take over and spread freedom and happiness and not kill everything that won't give Bush a bj.

Dang it, I must be tuning in at the wrong time, I've never heard that on Fox News!
Give me some times when I can tune in and hear talk of nuking the planet to invoke the rapture. This is the closest thing I've been able to find along those lines, and that's just a blog

Now, if I were president, here’s what I would do. Next time some country does something we don’t take a pining too, such as supporting terrorism or speaking French, I’d pick the dumbest reason for an attack, e.g., "A ‘q’ should always be followed by a ‘u’. I don’t make the rules, Iraq, but I will enforce them." The more irrational you look, the more scared the country will be that you will really hit them hard. I’d then give the country the old one-week notice until bombing starts. Then, after just twenty-four hours, I’d start bombing. When the stupid dictator calls to complain, I’d say, "I meant one week max. Oh, and by the way, ground troops - one week." I’m sure that would be enough to capitulate the average evildoer, but some extra measures could help intimidate others as well. Like, instead of just saturation bombing a city, super-saturation bomb it. After annihilating everything until nothing but ash is left, I’d nuke the ashes. It’s that extra bit of extremely disproportionate use of force that makes other countries start to wonder if America "has it all together" and really worrying who we’ll lash out against next.

I love Frank J

[edit on 7-12-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've noticed for about a week now when clicking on foxnews.com and its links, in addition to the normal logs of Revenue Science MFN, I am now seeing in addition, attempted port scans via foxnews.com by the Gator/Claria Corporation with it's GainCME spyware - ip 66.35.229.145. With Claria's (formerly Gator) chief privacy officer Reed Freeman now also sitting on Department of Homeland Security's Privacy Board I don't think its a stretch that online activity/visiting ips on that site are being monitored.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I've yet to see or hear a "liberal" news source want to destroy the world.

I listen to both.

That's alittle harsh and extreme.

One thing you will never see is liberals calling those fkers what they are, and one thing that you will see is them playing nice with those who want to kill us.

And that's why your type of politicians aren't in office.

OYG

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
See, I know my place... I'm nothing but a statistic to the people in government... and on the internet I don't have a face... It can be said that the world will not be severely effected if I were to disappear... so instead of complaining about fox news, I watch it and I disect every comment... knowing that the future policy of the united states is encoded in the comments of these fanatical misinformationists...

Simply put I watch Fox from time to time to figure out when would be a good time to leave the country... I know that these people are looking forward to the apocalypse...You can see it in there faces... I just want to know when and where it's going to happen so I can be as far away from it as I can when it does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join