It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA warns Canada of possible terrorist attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie
well hell .. if there are no terrorists, the US should stop playing and come take us now.

but they don't want our country. it's too big and expensive to take care of. they would much rather prefer for us to continue giving them our water and energy

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

Nah, they'll use crap like NAFTA to screw up your economy and borders.
Then they'll break down your currency and merge it with theirs.

Canada will fall to the subtle war, not the overt one.

Just like Australia.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I have an idea. What if it would have happened whether your country went to war or not? What if your country staying neutral didn't gain your country a darned thing?

hmmmm...could it be that terrorism is blind? (just as long as you qualify as "western" and therefore the enemy?)

Well said. That is why I respect VH. She tends to control her emotions, whereas I tend to explode when inane things are posted.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie

I have an idea. What if it would have happened whether your country went to war or not? What if your country staying neutral didn't gain your country a darned thing?

hmmmm...could it be that terrorism is blind? (just as long as you qualify as "western" and therefore the enemy?)

Well said. That is why I respect VH. She tends to control her emotions, whereas I tend to explode when inane things are posted.

You must be American

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It seems to always show, doesn't it?

Is it the tendency to float the rest of the noncommittal world,

or,

the absolutely undeniable common sense?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Valhall ...

I see your point but I don't agree.

My understanding of this Ottawa situation was that it happened after 9/11 but before the Iraq war. I personally am glad we didn't go to war. And in light of the whole WMD deal now and the David Kelly situation, I'm sure that our Prime Minister knew more about the situation than we all did and therefore made a decision based on that. In the end, it looks like he has made the right one.
Do I think that will stop us from being terrorized? No, but up until now we haven't been a target and us NOT having gone to war certainly wouldn't have made us one.

saul ..
I agree about the economy and NAFTA situation. We are already going to court to argue the lumber taxes they have imposed. We won this argument once before and now they are trying to do it again based on yet another fine line issue. We will win again, but in the meantime (2 or 3 years it will take for the case to be heard) they will collect their 13% tax on a product that should be non dutyable.

I don't know what the answers are for Canada but I'm glad our government seems to not be kissing their ass as much these days. And as I watch our dollar soar and theirs go down ... I can't help but smile

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saul

I woke up this morning to news that the CIA warned Ottawa of a possible terrorist attack. They apparently got their info from Syria. The target? The US embassy there.

I don't get it. We didn't even go to war and they're attacking our country?

EXACTLY. You didn't go to war, and might not go to the next one. Therefore BUSH and Co have decided that maybe a nice attack on Canadian Soil might help galvanize Canadians for War....

Study the Bali Bombing for precedent.
And September 11.
And the OPERATION NORTHWOODS documents from the sixties.........

THERE ARE NO TERRORISTS!!!
CNN is Lying!!!
Osama Bin Laden is a CIA agent anyway.

I'm glad to see your crack habbit has influenced your thoughts.

=========================================

HOLLY CRAP'

this is the only comment that comes close, how else do you think the US could possibly protect its northern border without the paranoia of Canada. you silly geese!! you all couldn't see the world if it were bouncing off your fore head.
Oh yea!!! Syria!!!!
A month ago we were going to invade them, now they are feeeding us clues. Where in the world does stupidity sleep?
Personally I belive nothing of what I read, and only 1/10 of what I see. [ David Copperfield]
You chowder heads will swallow anything, I love IT!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Oh yea!!! Syria!!!!
A month ago we were going to invade them, now they are feeeding us clues. Where in the world does stupidity sleep?

You have an excellent point! I thought the very same thing when I heard it was from Syria.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Drunk, stop trying to be funny. Um UBL, started this because he was greatly offended by America having troops in Saudi Arabia (infedels should not even exist) and because of his general disdain of the western decadent lifestyle. Nevermind that he used to go to Egypt to party. No matter what your religion is, or how peaceful you think your country is, this guy is out to create a Muslim world (his definition of Muslim, not the majority of Muslim's definition). Or, side with him, memorize the Koran, and drape your wife and female children in Burqas.

Drunk, as I told some of my Buddhist friends from HK, he hates you almost as much.

Again Freddie doesnt see clearly and who is UBL its OBL
who said Bin Laden started this?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Really cos you tend to post inane things Fred read your earlir post directed at me, MessedUpAnnie never mentioned OBL you did u jumped to conclusions again

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Nah, I would never jump at Drunk unless I am just teasing. Drunk is my mate.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Yeah right u say that now why?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Drunk, you know I value you as a friend. Please read your u2u. I may seem harsh at times, but it is in jest. BTW, why are you invisible to me on ICQ?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Invisible i dont have ICQ if you mean yahoo messenger its cos i dont use mesenger as much now.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   

well hell .. if there are no terrorists, the US should stop playing and come take us now.

but they don't want our country. it's too big and expensive to take care of. they would much rather prefer for us to continue giving them our water and energy

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

========================================

Well lets see,
I don't know about water, but I do have personal experience with energy. For awhile in the early 90's I was employed by Baker Tool Co. in Cut Bank Montanna. We had to pack up and move to Brighton Colorado lock stock and barrel. Not because there wasn't any oil, but because enviromental! ists shut down the American industries ability to drill there.
Meanwhile you could go a 100 miles north to the Canadian border and just on the other side you could see a drilling rig every mile for as far as the eye could see, The Canadians were and maybe still are directionally drilling into the US and removing our oil and gas..
Sounds like stealing to me, not only oil but jobs also.
And I assure you Canada is not to big or expensive for the American machine.
Please do not misunderstand me I love Canada, lived in Old Montreal during the expo there. Made alot of friends mostly French Canadian separatists
But I truly enjoyed my time there and the government and hospital system were truly kind to me and of great assistance during my recuperation period which was about 8 months

Sincerely
Tut

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry Tut .. I can't say much about your oil story as I've never been there to see for myself. But I find that hard to believe.
We have our own oil, we hardly need to steal it. In fact, I think we have more than the US. Stealing oil is an American trait, not Canadian

And I didn't want to accuse the US of such nasty things as theft but since you've accused Canada of it, you should look into how many times the US is in our waters illegally .. not only fishing but with the damn subs up north too.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Strike close to it...and rattle some nerves that way.

I believe this is the basic thought behind terrorism against Canada....

The US is in lockdown mode, and we catch terrorists daily (just read the whole A section of your paper, and you'll see the signs)... So, Canada's the next best thing (America Lite, if you will)... In time, we'll see it in Mexico and the Carribean too..

These people don't exactly care about the right and wrong of who they attack....you'd think their lack of disdain for killing women and children on 911 would solidify that....

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey Gazrok
it's the "mightiest" tree

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
All countries are vulnerable to terrorist attacks in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'm sorry Tut .. I can't say much about your oil story as I've never been there to see for myself. But I find that hard to believe.
We have our own oil, we hardly need to steal it. In fact, I think we have more than the US. Stealing oil is an American trait, not Canadian

And I didn't want to accuse the US of such nasty things as theft but since you've accused Canada of it, you should look into how many times the US is in our waters illegally .. not only fishing but with the damn subs up north too.

=========================================

Excuse me, I should be sorry not you. I was in a harsh mood when writting that. And Canadians are not theives.
The reality is that all oil companies are owned by the same single machine that was known as Standard Oil.
The Canadian rigs are drilling for the same company.
Remember I love Canada!

tut tut

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
No problem Tut .. and thanks for the u2u ... quite funny!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join