It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA warns Canada of possible terrorist attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I woke up this morning to news that the CIA warned Ottawa of a possible terrorist attack. They apparently got their info from Syria. The target? The US embassy there.

I don't get it. We didn't even go to war and they're attacking our country?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
They don't care that we didn't go to war or not... They are terrorists, their only goals is to terrorise.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Terrorist are indiscrimante killers. And their favorite targets are the unsuspecting people just going about their lives. They are one of the lowest forms of life I can think of. You would think the whole world would get together and shut these guy's down. You need to rember the US did nothing to provoke 9/11. The same can happen anywhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
well.

it seems to me that a logical connection could be drawn between this thread and Annie's thread yesterday about a death and a Iranian demand. if there was ever a place to look and watch for a Islamic Revolutionay Cell it would be Vancouver.
As many Arabic truck drivers that commute up and down I-5 to L.A. and all points inbeetween, Vancouver would be an excellent staging area
Consider this, for a ten year period a certain good Arab has been driving his truck thru customs and he is well know and has been searched many times and he is a nice guy so they wave him thru. Only this time he is hauling 38,000 pounds of plastic explosives destination the Seaport of Seattle
If I thought like a religious fanatical asassin [do you know the origin of this word?] deeply dedicated to Allah and entering Paradise, the above might seem like a idea
We are in a religious war you realize, a revitalization of the Crusades, think about it!

tut tut

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me that they would target our embassy in Canada, compared to our embassies in the Middle East where security has been beefed up, the one in Canada is relatively weak. It's a soft target that could send a big message being so close to our backyard. If they can get to Ottawa, what's there to stop them from crossing the 1,200+ mile open border into the US

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes yes yes

Canada is a quiet peaceful nation, so they need to pump them up with hate so what they do they stage another 'terrorist attack' this times in US cities, London AND Canada yes?

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I didnt catch the whole story that morning so heres the rest of it ...

Apparently this already happened. Of course no one is saying when although they think it was fairly recent. And they thwarted the plan and even arrested some of the people involved.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying. I thought this sounded familliar. It is good to remind people that they are not safe in Canada, though. Something about being a part of the decadent west.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
It is good to remind people that they are not safe in Canada, though. Something about being a part of the decadent west.

YES! I always feel like I am in the safest part of the world and then get shocked at the stories I hear.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
"You need to rember the US did nothing to provoke 9/11. The same can happen anywhere"

wtf u on about?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teflon
"You need to rember the US did nothing to provoke 9/11. The same can happen anywhere"

wtf u on about?

Excuse me? What the hell is your problem?? I never said anything of the sort, but here .. now I will!

The US did a lot of things that would provoke a lot of things! And as for 9/11 .. since we dont even know who did it, how can you say the US never provoked it.

For all you know, they did it themselves!

Now shut up and stop coming to my thread just to be a jerk when I have done 'nothing to provoke' you!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie
I woke up this morning to news that the CIA warned Ottawa of a possible terrorist attack. They apparently got their info from Syria. The target? The US embassy there.

Who is gonna attack your country?

I thought the US and Cananda were close friends why would the US want to attack Cananda!!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I thought the US and Cananda were close friends why would the US want to attack Cananda!!

Apparently someone tried to attack the US Embassy in Canada. But the CIA warned Canada and they worked together and actually caught some of the people.

The US and Canada are close friends? Hahhahahaaha .. thats sort of funny. Bush hates us these days. I can tell you the Canadians mostly hate him too

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Drunk, stop trying to be funny. Um UBL, started this because he was greatly offended by America having troops in Saudi Arabia (infedels should not even exist) and because of his general disdain of the western decadent lifestyle. Nevermind that he used to go to Egypt to party. No matter what your religion is, or how peaceful you think your country is, this guy is out to create a Muslim world (his definition of Muslim, not the majority of Muslim's definition). Or, side with him, memorize the Koran, and drape your wife and female children in Burqas.

Drunk, as I told some of my Buddhist friends from HK, he hates you almost as much.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   

EXACTLY. You didn't go to war, and might not go to the next one. Therefore BUSH and Co have decided that maybe a nice attack on Canadian Soil might help galvanize Canadians for War....

Study the Bali Bombing for precedent.
And September 11.
And the OPERATION NORTHWOODS documents from the sixties.........

THERE ARE NO TERRORISTS!!!
CNN is Lying!!!
Osama Bin Laden is a CIA agent anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Drunk, stop trying to be funny. Um UBL, started this because he was greatly offended by America having troops in Saudi Arabia (infedels should not even exist) and because of his general disdain of the western decadent lifestyle. Nevermind that he used to go to Egypt to party. No matter what your religion is, or how peaceful you think your country is, this guy is out to create a Muslim world (his definition of Muslim, not the majority of Muslim's definition). Or, side with him, memorize the Koran, and drape your wife and female children in Burqas.

Drunk, as I told some of my Buddhist friends from HK, he hates you almost as much.

Hahahaha.

no, really, come on....
"he hates our freedom"

hahahaha....

OSAMA BIN BOGEYMAN.... hiding under your bed???

HAHAHAHAHAHA
get a grip with reality dude.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by saul

EXACTLY. You didn't go to war, and might not go to the next one. Therefore BUSH and Co have decided that maybe a nice attack on Canadian Soil might help galvanize Canadians for War....

Study the Bali Bombing for precedent.
And September 11.
And the OPERATION NORTHWOODS documents from the sixties.........

THERE ARE NO TERRORISTS!!!
CNN is Lying!!!
Osama Bin Laden is a CIA agent anyway.

I'm glad to see your crack habbit has influenced your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
well hell .. if there are no terrorists, the US should stop playing and come take us now.

but they don't want our country. it's too big and expensive to take care of. they would much rather prefer for us to continue giving them our water and energy

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

I'M WITH DRUNK ON THIS ONE.......

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have an idea. What if it would have happened whether your country went to war or not? What if your country staying neutral didn't gain your country a darned thing?

hmmmm...could it be that terrorism is blind? (just as long as you qualify as "western" and therefore the enemy?)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join