It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia rocks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Time after time this site Never lets me down when I go looking for info that really hard to find on the net! I did a search on comics for the hell of it. and i found that wikipedia has Tons of info on it. Is there anything this site can't tell you?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

I was Just really impressed, Some of their stuff is quite detailed, even on a geek level!

Woohoo go Wikipedia

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
They even have an entire area dedicated to homestarrunner.com, including all of the easter eggs in the Strong Bad emails. That has got to be one of the greatest websites ever created!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Wikipedia is a Web-based, free-content encyclopedia, which is written collaboratively by volunteers. It consists of 195 independent language editions sponsored by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Entries on traditional encyclopedic topics exist alongside those on almanac, gazetteer and current events topics. Its purpose is to create and distribute, worldwide, a free encyclopedia in as many languages as possible. Wikipedia is one of the most popular reference sites on the Web,[1] (en.wikipedia.org...) receiving around 50 million hits per day.

I had no idea that it was all done for volunteers i guess its a non-profit organization. seriously I wish i would've known of this place when i was in college. Hell even in highschool in would've helped my butt out! This site has almost freaken everything

[edit on 21-4-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I hadn't realized that it was all information put in by volunteers, that's a great concept!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
I had no idea that it was all done for volunteers i guess its a non-profit organization. seriously I wish i would've known of this place when i was in college. Hell even in highschool in would've helped my butt out! This site has almost freaken everything

Well the quality of the great Wiki has grown by leaps and bounds. It probablywould not have done you any good back then anyway. It's only really got "authoritative" in the last 12 months.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I love wikipedia!
Big question: who verifies the accuracy of each addition? After all, anyone can edit, right??

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't know , i know anyone can submit a story or info. Maybe someone should try and submit info on something.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The only thing it could tell me about "The Future" is that it is one of the most popular Leonard Cohen albums...

new topics

top topics

join