It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're back online again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We're alive!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad i could_____________.

How dare anyone tinker around with our great website? Throw the book at them, I say.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to bring us back up. Great job

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
To a Dire Straights tune, " I want my, I want my ATS".

thanks........... just thanks a bunch intrepid now I can't get that line outta my head!

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
OH THANK GOD!!!!!!! YOUR BACK!!!!

The man who was in charge of the office of inquisition becomes Pope and right away ATS falls. It scared the hell out of me.

I was afraid i'd have to get a life or something...whew.....

Thank you SO, thank you....

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We had some data loss. All posts since 4am yesterday (EST time zone) have been lost.

There was a serious database corruption that appears to be related to some kind of attack on ATS.

We're looking into how the attack occurred, but in the mean time, we've recovered from backup and are now operational again.

Serious respect for the truth. It could easily been put down as "maintenance".

Much thanks for giving everyone the truth.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
That means ALL those posts I posted......God, there must have been at least.......Well, there was a 'lot'......

Have all just disappeared???

This is
Terrible.......Just
Terrible.....

I would have had at least......at least......5,0000 points by now....And I was getting excited about ALL the things I was going to do with those points......and.....I think Im going to start crying now

*pulls herself together*

Oh well, back to square one I guess

*laughs*

Glad your back guys

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We're alive!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad i could_____________.

Double post?

Great job getting the site back up and running SO!!

As for the attacker, when you get a hold of them send them to the mod lounge a few of us want to have ...ummm.. some uh... fun? ... yeah that's it. Some fun with them.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
What happened to all my post count?

Why won't it let me in? I had well over 800 posts, and now I can't enter chat.

This week keeps getting worse...

Shattered OUT...

As Djarums stated, the posts are still there. It seems to be an error in the post limit counter in chat. It seems it's simply not registering member's post counts. When I tried to log in, I saw this:

We're sorry, due to abuse of our chat by some new and not-so-new members, you must have at least 200 posts to use chat on ATS. You only have posts.

Note that it doesn't say how many posts you have. Probably just a simple error. I'm sure SO will get to it once he's finished taking care of any major issues that may be left.

As much as we all enjoy chat, you do have to admit that in the grand scheme of ATS, it's a pretty minor thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Of all the days too, it had to be yesterday. I was on at the time, (this is how I'm spending my april vacation *sigh*) and I remember it like it was yesterday... oh wait... it was yesterday. Anyways, it seemed that ATS would have it's busiest day ever because of the new pope. Even took a few screenshots because I thought it was funny how half the new threads were about the pope. I remember that there was a period of a couple of minutes when I was getting errors and couldn't get on ATS. After that, ATS worked fine, but was extremely slow (took half a minute to load a page). I didn't think much of it at the time, and thought it was just pope overload. I was just going to respond to a thread by somebody (,I think it was Gazrok,) about how ATS was messing up, and I was gonna say that it was fine now, but just a little slow. When I hit the send button, I got an error that said I couldn't post for some reason (kinda ironic, huh?). I got off ATS, and when I got back on an hour or so later, it said the forums were down.
Funny how I tend to remember everything that happens on ATS (specially traumatic events such as this), but still can't seem to remember what my homework is.

Ummmmmmm.... anyways, enough of my rambling.

Great Job getting ATS back up SO

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Nice to have you people back in my life.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
well i was on wen it died. first we had MASIVE slowdowns, then when trying to reply or start a new thread i was getting duplicate post errors. has anyone performed cpr on gazrok? he was on as well.

all hail skeptic overlord and crew for getting back up. i am sure that there was masive work involved to get back up and running. the only thing that worked at the end was u2u's.

man ats withdrawl is bad. where is this id site? i could have used something. (ended up playing gta3)
anyway it is definately good to be back and see everyone again.

just as a side note this possibly happened since we are at the top of the search lists.
also of note is that sqaure enix, the final fantisy xi game had an attack as well recently. could be the same people involved or mabe not. anyone else hear of any other attacks?

link   
I guess someone will eventually post 200 posts and access the chatroom...
It´s getting kind of lonely in here...

link   
It was horrible!!

It was...It was....was like a man gone crazy pulling oxygen tubes from senior citizens noses late in the night!

I nearly fainted on the third hour!

Great job SO and fellow staff extraordinaire! Great to see I still have proof by company that I'm not the craziest person around....

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
For everybody that wasn't here yesterday, this is what you missed:

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is one of the fastest growing threads ive ever seen!

Its gettin 3 posts a minute!

Arent i sad for noticing that!

Go ob laugh at me!

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Great to see it back.

Maybe it was a hit by the real FBI ;-)

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS

Isn´t there any way to revive the "WHITE SMOKE at the Vatican" thread?
I beat paperclip with one second on the Ratzinger...

Now that I think about it, forget it. A lot of very good posts might have been lost...

[edit on 2005/4/20 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh its back! >hugs ATS< I missed you! I thought my net connection was shot! Thanks SO for getting it up and running again

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS

Too many Popes spoil the cloth.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Won't be the last time either (dead board). Fact of life. Lots of stuff gets posted on ATS that rankles people one way or the other.

From hidden gems in avatars to ads that link to nukes-

ID was interesting. Hadn't been there in so long I had to request a password

A number of boards get killed every year. Most (I suspect) are for political reasons. Religion of itself doesn't seem to bring out the nasties as much although religion is part and parcel of politics.

I wonder what stuff was posted an hour or so before the attack? Could be a clue, but may not be.

Good to have ATS back up.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
-All clear siren sounds-
-Climbs out of his bunker, face dirty and foil hat mangled-
Is it over?
-Is suffering from ATS withdrawls-
CORPSMAN!

How is ATSNN handling the data loss issue. We've lost stories- so are those stories just doomed to be gone (new ones get voted down for repeat), will they eventually be resurrected, or can we just submit anything that isn't currently in ATSNN?

[edit on 20-4-2005 by The Vagabond]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join