It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Devine Miracle on Long Island (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Recently, in a church on long island, many people claim a miracle has occured. Behind a statue of Jesus there apears to be the shadow of an angel.

www.newsday.com
The couple, like hundreds of others from across Long Island, flocked to the church this week to see a shadow behind the huge crucifix cast in the likeness of an angel above the pulpit. A wing appears to extend under Jesus' right arm, and below his crossed feet are two shadows stretched outward in different directions.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I was dissapointed that the link didn't have a picture, the actual article in the paper had a one. Until I can see it in person I wouldn't speculate as to what the shadow is. One major thing the article states is that the lights had been changed and that could have easily caused the odd shadow.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a shadow that sort of looks like an angel? And its a shadow cast by a crucifix? Gosh, and there just happens to be a TV show that has a similar image. go figure

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Please fix the spelling in your title and read this: www.abovetopsecret.com..., your intro paragraph doesn't meet ATSNN guidelines.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
IF a shadow cast an image- how did they photograph it?

Can you photograph a shadow indoors?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
A shadow can be photographed indoors. Doesn't require miracle shadows, which I take the "
" to mean?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Not really- indoors with a flash- where's the shadow?

Stories like this remind me of the cheese sandwich 'miracle.' People will see things.

There's a grave stone where I lived that casts a 'devil' shadow on nights with a moon. I couldn't see a 'devil,' but the locals swear that's what it is. Looks like a pelican to me

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Veerily, I speak the truth, you can photograph shadows indoors. You don't need to use a flash indoors. You can even have great control over how much detail in the shadows you get, from very little detail (all shadow) to lots of detail (but still with some shadow).

Yes, this thing is quite reminiscent of the 'mary in a cheese sandwich' thing!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
With no flash- I know

Just seems odd a shadow would appear behind a statue.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Holy Crap Im on long island Id better get my ass over there and see whats going on!
If only it werent 11:30 I would go, dam time zone!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Croat, if you go (its in smithtown tho, which is a little bit of a drive for you no?) can you bring a camera and try to get some photos/video?

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I don't get this. WHY would there be a divine miracle of a statue casting the shadow of an angel? It is ridiculous! The statue is made of stone. It is VERY unlikely that it has any direct connection with Jesus. It is VERY unlikely that the statue even LOOKS like what Jesus looked like.
What happened to the miracles of old time? People rising from the dead, people eating tonnes of food from one small container, people walking on water.....now all we get are angellic shadows and Mary in a cheese sandwich? Unlikely.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thats right man, where are the giant angel armies storming out of the sky and slaughtering the enemy on the field? Where are the spontaneously arising moutains poking up into the sky, heck when was the last time yer granddad dropped his cane and it turned into a snake even?

top topics

join