It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your Favourite Car?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So, lets find out who knows their cars.

my personal fav is the Nissan Skyline GTR

it may not be the prettiest, but theres just something about that car that sends a chill down my spine.

and it aint the air-con!

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Probably either the new C Class Merc sports Coupe or an Aston martin DB7

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Subaru Impreza Wrx

or
Viper GTS

or

Civic Vtec 2.5L (a monster)

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
...Nissan Skyline GTR 'Godzilla'... *drools*

Now THERES someone who knows a fine piece of machinery. The Goddie is without a doubt one of my favs, there is something extremely arousing (in a non-dodgy sorta way) about a worked RB26DETT on full song...

Have a number of friends who currently own and race modified Bee-R and Nismo GTRs, some have gone the single turbo route with anything from a T-51R to a monsterous T-88 huffer that just boosts like there is no tomorrow. What I really love about these motors is that 1000hp (and above) is not uncommon, heck, there are a pair of them racing here at the moment that each are in the 1000hp vicinity and dropping mid 8s over the standing quarter...

I'm a fan of the R32 Goddies...not real keen on the R-33 bit too heavy and the slowest of the factory Goddies, tho' the R34 is kinda nice...seems to be harking back to the lines of the R32...which isn't surprising, as I'm sure the original designer of the R32 bodyshape also designed the R34.

Having driven many cars from fullhouse blown V8s, Merc V8 Kompressors, a supercharged and NOSed BMW M3, to 700hp RZ Supras, to 600hp S7 RX-7 Battys, insanely high-reving ported Rotors to any number of modified turbo Jap 4WD (like the Lancer EVOs, Sti WRXs, Celica GT4 WRC) and a nasty retro-turbo V-Tec Integra...the Godzilla is the one I'd put above all the rest for pure handling, grunt and just full on 'fun factor'.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
to me a car is a car, so i dont have a favourite car but when i was in me teens i dreamt of having a Porsche.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...Nissan Skyline GTR 'Godzilla'... *drools*

Now THERES someone who knows a fine piece of machinery. The Goddie is without a doubt one of my favs, there is something extremely arousing (in a non-dodgy sorta way) about a worked RB26DETT on full song...

Have a number of friends who currently own and race modified Bee-R and Nismo GTRs, some have gone the single turbo route with anything from a T-51R to a monsterous T-88 huffer that just boosts like there is no tomorrow. What I really love about these motors is that 1000hp (and above) is not uncommon, heck, there are a pair of them racing here at the moment that each are in the 1000hp vicinity and dropping mid 8s over the standing quarter...

I'm a fan of the R32 Goddies...not real keen on the R-33 bit too heavy and the slowest of the factory Goddies, tho' the R34 is kinda nice...seems to be harking back to the lines of the R32...which isn't surprising, as I'm sure the original designer of the R32 bodyshape also designed the R34.

Having driven many cars from fullhouse blown V8s, Merc V8 Kompressors, a supercharged and NOSed BMW M3, to 700hp RZ Supras, to 600hp S7 RX-7 Battys, insanely high-reving ported Rotors to any number of modified turbo Jap 4WD (like the Lancer EVOs, Sti WRXs, Celica GT4 WRC) and a nasty retro-turbo V-Tec Integra...the Godzilla is the one I'd put above all the rest for pure handling, grunt and just full on 'fun factor'.

Peace,
ALIEN

I can recognize u, u were or u are Street Racer, u MUST bE!!!

I flipped last time i saw a V-Tec engine, 2.5 CRX , PULLING A VIPER 7.5L GTS, till the end of the race, Honda for me has done the best engine in the Car world, they have the smallest motors with the highest power.
i�ve seen it worst, using NoZ, (i know u need special pieces in your motor to not burn it), and a civic Vtec, going as a missile, those cars are not for a max speed of 350km, but those cars can pull till 220km fastest than any other car in the market, They say that the Vtec has more power than most of the intercoolers on the market.

Mazda- Honda- Toyota-
Nissan- Mitsubishi
(Best brands)
Mercedes, Bmw, and most of those cars are monsters, but the Weight-Power balance is smaller than any of those brands, japanese and asian cars are better than american or european cars in that aspect.
Of course luxury is a different story, but we talk about fast and powerful.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I have a story that my old man told me a couple of months ago.

he works for a maintenance firm in buckinghamshire, england, and is often driving from place to place. anyway one day he was driving down a dual carriageway whan he noticed halogens coming up behind him at great speed. the three that overtook him were

(deep breath)

1. a purple scooby (impreza)
2. a yellow evo
3. a black GTR

MMMMMmmmmm.....

after they had overtaken him they sped up again and were gone (in sixty seconds
)

not bad, eh?

anyway i salute you alien

i am a big fan of the Calsonic GTR and the Nismo 400R

also the Mine's R32 isn't bad either

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I prefer good old American muscle, powered with carbeuration, leaded gas, and pure torque!

Oh, how I want this car.......

Pyros's Dream Machine

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I like the 1971 Chevy Monte Carlo with the 454 cubic inch big block. This car just has style. Also I like the future "SS" trucks and the future 500hp V-10 powered Dodge Ram 1500.

Also the new 300 series cars. C3 Corvettes. One of my favorite cars of all tiem the the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 with 450 hp.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A 1971 Hemi Cuda with the monster 426 Hemi

"Chrysler never changed the engine's advertised horsepower and torque ratings, which stood at 425 hp at 5000rpm and 490 foot-pounds of torque at 4000 rpm."

And this was the engine as it came stock...

Hemi Engine

The Hemi Cuda

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't care how old the design is, it still takes your breath away every time you see one. Sheer asthetic beauty. I loved in it's hey-day, and I love it just as much today... Too bad I'll likely never afford one, well....maybe if I hit that lotto on Saturday....75 Million! Woo hoo!

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just click for astro's next ride..

www.motortrend.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Alien

DAWM! You have driven a #-load of different car! You are really lucky. If I had to pick only one...I think I'd go with the subaru WRX Sti.

But I also really like a lot of Asiatic car like honda and nissan. Especialy the nissan 300zx.

Hey, almost forgot to add that I'd sell my soul for an Aston Martin Vanquish...Those cars are sick.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Pyro like you i prefer older classic cars such as the corvette stingray (early 70s vintage) The Chevelle SS and/or the Camaro SS.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Some old car ruled. Like old Monte Carlo or Dodge Charger.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I love BIG Jeeps so I go with Land Rover Discovery ( the old square looking ones)

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Mitsibushi Evo definately - if anoy of you like Toyota and Formula 1 you should sign up to

www.toyota-f1team-club.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Mercedes Smartcar, 2-cylinder Diesel.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ok, this could get ugly...mwahahaha.

I only like ONE single Japanese automaker. Nissan. I used to drive a 1987 Nissan Stanza GXE. 2 litre engine bored out .10 over, ported and polished head, totaly re-done fuel delivery system. I kept the exhaust nice and quiet, but ripped out the catalytic converter to make up for none perferformance muffler and header. Man. this thing FLEW. I hooked it up with a 75 horse shot of Nitrous, and when I hit the litter button, Go Baby, Go! She was a 12 second ride. and most couldnt figure it out. But the reason was that Nissan makes such badass, reliable and damn near unbreakable motors and trannys that you could do the fuel system, the head, give it a huge shot of juice and the car wouldn't even stress out under the load. and the best part was that it was a 5 speed manual. - drools - I miss that car. After a while, the rest of the crap connected to the engine finaly went and I just didn't have the money (2 grand) at the time. I was 17 and making minimum wage part time after school. lol.

Now, I have always been partial to good ol' american iron, and that's exactly what I drive. 1979 Pontiac Firebird. It's got a stock Chevy 305 small block V8 under the hood. But, I'm bringing it down douth to my old man's to rebuild her. We are gonna throw a set of 350 heads on their, ported and polished. Then, we put in a new camshaft and lifter set, new timing chain, new intake manifold with a bigger carb, perhaps a set of headers as well. We figure that since stock this engine has about 200 to 220 horsepower, after the mods, we should be at an estimated 350 to 375 horse. Again, there are little things we plan on doing to bump it up.

The tranny can handle it as well. It's a Chevy TH-350 with a stage 2 shift kit. Very nice, aggersive when it has to be. Anyhow, moving to the rear, it's a Pontiac 10 bolt rear, 3.08 limted slip gearing. thing with limited slip is this: you shim it out to the point where it wont move and then take out just enough to get it to move slightly, and it acts like a posi 99% of the time in the straightaway, yet still give enough in a turn to keep your rubber nice and fresh.

Anyhow, I figure that going by the weight of the car (it's a base model, with the least options) and going with an estimated 350 horse power and my gearing, I had a friend plug it all into his virtual dyno and quarter mile time simulator, and I should hit about 12.4 to 13.1 (depending on reaction time) down the qtr. Not too shabby for an old Friebird!

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by JamesLimelight]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I love American cars, but I have to admit: the best car I ever bought was my 1994 Honda Civic EX coupe. I put 200K on that dang thing and COULD NOT kill it.

I called it my "go cart" cause it was so small and would fit anywhere. The VTEC 4 banger had respectable power as well, and nothing inside ever broke.

I really wanted my next car to be the 2001 Accord EX V6 coupe, but I ran short on the coin.

I ended up with a 2001 Grand Am GT1 pictured here

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join