It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEOTWAWKI ATS Watch Party Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Watching Domain Name Status HERE

Welcome to the official TEOTWAWKI ATS Watch Party Thread. It was suggested, by one of the moderators on another thread, that I start a thread like this ... so here it is. (If they had something else in mind, then I expect this thread to be trash canned but I think this is what we were thinking) Now that we are entering into what could be the final days of ATS, we have a thread to chronicle the final days events, record observations of ATS TEOTWAWKI, reminisce, laugh, share, or even melt down ...ALL WITHIN T&C OF COURSE.

The Domain name expires this week on May 18. There is a five day grace period for the absentee owners to pay up that ends on May 23rd, which also falls on the day of this months full moon. Will ATS end on May 18? Will we have the five day grace period until May 23 and then the end? Will the owners show up and pay the bill and keep ATS afloat? Will everyone keep their cool and stick to the T&C in the final hours, or will the May 23rd full moon and ATS TEOTWAWKI fever kick in and everyone turn primal, going out in a blaze of moderator ban hammers falling all over the site? We will see ...

Since this could be the end, I thought it only fitting that a few people were mentioned. We aren't supposed to talk about other posters and I'm pushing the T&C limit here, but I think it'll be okay. If not .. mods feel free to trashcan the thread.

Benevolent Heretic was a major poster here for many years. She developed health issues and couldn't post anymore. She was open about that and even started a thread on it so I'm not divulging anything that is a secret or in bad taste. I mention Benevolent Heretic because she has 746 applause, which I think is probably the highest number of applause of anyone here. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me in the thread. I thought it fitting that in the final days the person with the most applause should be mentioned. Back in 2004/2005/2006 all the members here got 3 applause a month to give out. I remember I gave a lot of my applause to her.

JSobecky also was rather active here. I spoke with him via email a bunch and we got to know each other pretty well. JSobecky stopped posting because he passed away around 2014. I had the information on where he was buried and had said that if I got to that part of the country I would pay my respects, but sadly I have lost that information. I thought it would be nice to mention him and remember him on the last days of ATS too.

I'd like to also mention former moderators NITEBOY and KOSMICJACK. Both of whom I talked with off site and got to know pretty well. We had great conversations. And also one former moderator, this one from 2004. RANT Yes, RANT. I mention him because he gave me my first applause in 2004 and I never forgot that. I think it was for a thread about hot dogs of all things! Funny.

I mentioned most applause. Now I mention the most important ATS thread ever! Only kidding ... not the most important! ha ha. That thread was at the height of ATS back in 2015 and it got 121 flags which is a bunch. I'm sure it's not the most. If anyone knows the top five threads or so with the highest number of flags, please post it. I don't know how to get that information. It would be interesting to see on the last few days.

Anyways, that thread was the one that told everyone I was going to be a moderator here. I did it for about a year and then resigned. I really didn't like it very much but had fun with the applause button. [edited]

I found ATS in 2004 because I was googling around for information and stories about ghosts. I was really interested in that supernatural stuff back then. (I mostly stay away from it now ... learned a lesson on that!!) While googling I landed on ATS and signed up. I quickly found ATS to be a good distraction from my health issues. The distraction helped because otherwise I ruminate on the health problems, and that's not healthy to do. I posted a bunch from 2004 until 2016 when Trump was elected and then didn't post during the Trump years or for the first part of Biden being in office. I started posting here again last summer.

OKAY .. that's my opening post for the TEOTWAWKI ATS Watch Party Thread. I think that this would be a good thread to have in the final days here. If the moderators feel differently, they can trash can this thread. That's fine. And IF the absentee owners pay the Domain Name bill and keep ATS afloat, then this thread will just die a natural death because TEOTWAWKI at ATS will have been cancelled.

Full moon time .... will we go out with dignity and decorum ... or do we melt down and turn primal ???

Does ATS end .... or does it continue on ???? We will see in this week or so ....

edit on 5/13/2024 by FlyersFan because: spacing

MOD NOTE

Post your memories, etc., but please be aware...there is to be no discussions of mod actions or banned members.

edit on Mon May 13 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Bittersweet thread here. ATS has been a part of me for better part of 20 years or so now. Much different in taste and landscape these days. Regrettably.

I just want to thank everyone that has contributed or been a part of the vast trove of learning and discovery here. Even if it wasn’t in agreement with one’s personal viewpoints. A lot of the old-school posters have moved on to a different plane or pasture I fear.

So be it. It was fun while it lasted.

I am humbled and want to show my gratitude to everything that this little gem of a site has been. Thank you for your thoughtful posts and the time spent researching an array of topics not discussed or mulled over the way they have been here.

Thank you ATS. I hope you don’t go away, but if you do, it’s nice to know other lights shine in this dark world.

edit on 13-5-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In case anyone is interested in a CD archive of ATS, you can find it here:

web.archive.org...://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/cd_order.html

edit on Mon May 13 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to embed link to make clickable failed

Encia22 fixed it....
Link to ATS Cd Archive

edit on Mon May 13 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting info. Your part about messing around with the supernatural and finding out reminds me of a slumber party I was at back when I was a kid, probably 9 or 10. Well all the kids decided it would be fun to play this game where they were calling for the demons (I don't know why and I didn't participate). They messed around and found out. And never did that again.

I recall another experience of a JW teen that decided to go with some high school friends to a cemetery and his friends were busy doing a seance there to talk to some dead folks. Well a demon appeared and started to talk with them. And this JW (knowing the truth about the dead and wicked angels) called out the demon and said he knew who it was, something along the lines of, "I know you're not a dead person, your a fallen angel and God is going to destroy you and you're going to the abyss at Armageddon." And it replied, "yes, and your God killed our children at the flood" (I assume it meant the hybrid angel/human offspring known as the Nephilim) and now we're killing his children." And threatened the poor teenager that he was going to be killed. He freaked out and talked to the elders in his congregation and they prayed with him over the matter and he never did that again. (He didn't die.)

Here is a thread I wrote awhile ago on why I found ATS:

Why I Found This Website And Why I Post Here.

It was similar a reason to yours, just doing a web search on secret societies.

Over the years I've read many insightful threads, and met many people here, several of whom I made friendship with in real life.

I think overall the owners and moderators of this website have been very tolerant, and I thank them all for their open-mindedness, and their allowing freedom of expression, even when they didn't agree with what was being said. I will always have fond memories of this website and his patronages, whom I've termed ATSers, and ATSizens in my threads and posts. I don't know if I'm the only one that does that. But there are a lot of good and smart people here and some loonies too (just like everywhere.)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WBRagain

Interesting, thanks.

I can't embed the link properly. To get to the right page it's necessary to quote me to see the link in WBRagain's post.

edit on 13/5/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Music for the occasion:

I'll miss ATS. It's been a major part of my personal progress and life in general, but hopefully we as individuals are onward and upward to bigger and better things.

I give my thanks and appreciation to all those who have contributed over the years to help make ATS such a special place.
I wish you all well.

edit on 13-5-2024 by IndieA because: Added Thoughts

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I mentioned most applause. Now I mention the most important ATS thread ever! Only kidding ... not the most important! ha ha. That thread was at the height of ATS back in 2015 and it got 121 flags which is a bunch. I'm sure it's not the most. If anyone knows the top five threads or so with the highest number of flags, please post it. I don't know how to get that information. It would be interesting to see on the last few days.

if you go to each individual forum you can sort by flags

here are just a few from my personal favourite topics (no its not politics)

UFOs/Aliens the top 5 flagged as of today

Stargates are real 661 flags

UFO releases intelligent moving spheres!! First ever video footage 656 flags

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything 508 flags

My name is George Knapp and for 30 years, I've been an investigative reporter. Ask me anything 471 flags

free documentaries 470 flags

Then the Area 51 top 3 flagged

Dulce, New Mexico - Important Data that You ATS People DON'T Have Yet 242 flags

My name is Bill Yenne, I'm a military and aviation author. Ask me anything 167 flags

My personal trip to Peenemünde facility 147 flags

Science and Tech Forum top 5

Norway Spiral : Case reopened - the anatomy of an event 321 flags

I'd like to introduce to you a new species of animal, plant, & insect 320 flags

Amazing! The Worlds First 111 Gigapixel Image 298 flags

Norway spiral - Russia accepts blame even though Norway may have been responsible 286 flags

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Time, Time Control and the Government 285 flags

Space exploration forum top 5

Comet Elenin is coming 384 flags

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109 319 flags

Inside info on comet Elenin 293 flags

Strange Facts You (Probably) Never Knew About the Moon 241 flags

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across 237 flags

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

EXCELLENT! I didn't know you could do that! It's nice to have the top flag posts listed here on this thread so folks can go and take a walk down memory lane and look at the really good stuff before it all goes dark.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here was my first thread here posted on March, 26 2010. Got 5 flags and 5 stars.

State Wants Control of Michigan's Groundwater

Finally put in twenty post replies. Now I can post my own.

Michigan has a bill to place our groundwater into a state trust. The people of our state must voice their opinion on this. The following is a copy of the letter I sent to my state representatives and a few local media outlets.

I'm am writing to voice my opposition to Michigan House Bill 5319. I do not want my groundwater to be placed in trust with the State of Michigan and I do not offer my consent to do so. We have local ordinances at the township, village, city, county and state level that already regulate and protect our ground water. These ordinances normally follow recommendations from the Michigan Groundwater Stewardship Program and include the following . . .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My last post will be on this thread.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

originally posted by: WBRagain

Interesting, thanks.

I can't embed the link properly. To get to the right page it's necessary to quote me to see the link in WBRagain's post.

Ok, iFix I hope. Shortened the link... should work now.

Link to ATS Cd Archive

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I will leave ATS the same way I entered.....quietly.

It's been a hell of a ride since I joined in 2005. Although I will admit that politics has pretty much taken over ATS to its detriment. The political trolling is way out of hand now and that's the last thing I will miss the least.

So I will say this, if the end of ATS is nigh, so be it and I wish everyone good luck and I am sure we will find a new place to hang out.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well done FF! Your thread is as a chronicle of past events leading up to the possible termination point. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to have posted it. I am with you here, my friend, and we will ride this wild horse until it is done.

Blessings

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't know what I'll do without ATS.

I feel saddened because my most recent thread was a terrible misjudgment & an abysmal miscommunication of the beliefs & values I hold dear - there are specific reasons for that, which I have this evening posted to that thread to explain, but some people won't accept my explanation, and I'm going to have to be okay with that somehow. It was entirely my fault, I'm devastated. I hope it isn't the last thread I'll find the inspiration to write.

Anyway, as with so many others this has been my online home for well over fifteen years, under two different screen names, and I just want to say thanks to everyone on the forum who has ever contributed to my threads, who has ever posted the millions of fascinating & enlightening threads I have participated in, or those I have read for the sake of absorbing excellent, well-resourced information.

God bless you guys, each & every one. I hope ATS doesn't come crashing down in a blaze of glory, I hope somehow it is kept alive. But if not, I'll remember it as formative in much of my thinking over the past couple of decades.

Cheers,

FITO.

edit on MayMonday2415CDT02America/Chicago-050028 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I'm not sure it was ever going to be possible to separate the conspiracy from the politics. But the world we started in was surely different from the one we find ourselves in today.

I'm glad to have interacted with the likes of you. Good times.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Here you go:

887 flags and probably my favorite thread. If you haven’t read it — you’re welcome!

Here’s another of my favorites with 607 flags:

edit on 13-5-2024 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What a #HIT Show

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Here you go:

887 flags and probably my favorite thread. If you haven’t read it — you’re welcome!

Here’s another of my favorites with 607 flags:

See .. these are important. Everyone can get a last look at the 'most important' threads of ATS before they go dark. I"m going to read through them.

THANK YOU!!

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I don't know what I'll do without ATS.

There are other places to post at. I've been on a few. (but I like how ATS is set up best). And a lot of people from here are going to denyignorance.com that was set up for survivors of this Titanic as it goes down.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So we still don’t know about the site yet?…. I’ve been here since 07-08 but had to reregister after what happened because I didn’t have that email any longer….So if this is the end I give my thanks to everyone, but I hope someone will step up and keep it going. a reply to: FlyersFan

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join