It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in advertising: the Russians launched a unique satellite

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Like we don't already have enough space junk?

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The Gagarinets satellite has its own history. The real one, just small. Experts know: despite their small dimensions, modern spacecraft of this class are distinguished by great functionality: they can install almost all on-board systems inherent in “heavyweights”. Therefore, the scope of application is the widest - from educational programs to space observations.

The Skolkovo resident company has developed a completely unique technology - visual transmission of information from space using lasers on a spacecraft.

“The technological solution consists of a satellite with an electric rocket engine, a laser projection system from space, a spacecraft orientation and stabilization system, as well as its own control algorithms,” said team leader Anton Ossovsky then.

The goal of the project is to create a satellite system for projecting images on the night sky. To put it very simply, satellites launched into an orbit at an altitude of about 600 km will not only shine, but also transmit binary code using flickering lasers.

“The two test satellites will not form any image, but will simply glow like the two brightest stars in the night sky,” the scientists say. — This is a polishing of technology. How bright the constellation should be, the correct location of the satellites, the accuracy of the orientation. The next stage is the launch of the entire satellite system.

In three years, having served their purpose, the devices will burn up in the layers of the earth’s atmosphere. No space debris.

Technically this is a very complex project. No one has ever done this before.

“Technically complex, but solvable,” the inventors are convinced. And most importantly, new technology expands the boundaries of what is possible.

Link

edit on 17-4-2024 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

a cheap system like this will fail as soon as there's any cloud coverage, it won't pentrate into the cloud coverage and won't be seen from the ground.

This seems more like a cheap attempt at trying to blind satellites that use cameras...

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

"No one has ever done this before."

There is a good reason for that.

Binary code? Of what use might that be?

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

"The goal of the project is to create a satellite system for projecting images on the night sky. To put it very simply, satellites launched into an orbit at an altitude of about 600 km will not only shine, but also transmit binary code using flickering lasers.

“The two test satellites will not form any image, but will simply glow like the two brightest stars in the night sky,” the scientists say. — This is a polishing of technology. How bright the constellation should be, the correct location of the satellites, the accuracy of the orientation. The next stage is the launch of the entire satellite system."

How is this a revolution in advertising?

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Gagarinets is a Russian 3U CubeSat built by Avant Space as a technology demonstrator for a future constellation of satellites that will be used for advertising in space using 150 Watt laser diodes that can project images (such as company logos) in the night sky.
space.skyrocket.de...

And this is a good thing ?

If that is the intension of course.... Mmmmm.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just don't see it working safely as described.

150 watt laser is more than capable of blinding people on the ground and pilots in the sky. No wonder it was kept secrete before launch. The international space organizations would most likely not allow it. Too risky that it could be used as a weapon.

I am glad I bought some of those cheap auto darkening welding glasses. I smell a 'Day of the Trifids' type situation but man made and without the plants.

edit on 17-4-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Remind me, please, what achievements in space do Australia and England have?)))

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Your feelings are your subjective perception of reality)))

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

As for the UK, ever hear of the ESA?

orbitaltoday.com...

England? The UK.
edit on 17-4-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No Triffids? Disappointing.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Ha ha ha! It was - it will be.
First, let England pay its pensioners normal money, and only then dream about space. England is far from even Russian dogs)))

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Remind me, please, what achievements in space do Australia and England have?

Pretty sure Australia sent the first Kangaroo into space but as England are a contributing member of ESA These are our current achievements , thankfully we have no plans to turn the night sky into a billboard.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

"England is far from even Russian dogs)))"

More racist insults?

Weak, old boy, very weak.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And besides the first kangaroo, do you have any real achievements in space, besides membership in certain Leagues of sexual minorities?))))

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Perhaps the Chinese are working on the plant part. In the original book, the Trifids were an escaped government project that got out after all the people were blinded. They did not come with the meteor shower.

I still want my 6 foot long radioactive mutant ants to do epic battle against. 8 to 10 foot would also be acceptable.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Didn't take long for your obsession with the UK to rear its head.

Anyway, your comment sort of brought 'What have The Romans ever done for us?' to mind.....so on that note I'm going to watch something infinitely more entertaining.

Good luck with your bargain basement Russian version of Project Blue Beam.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I remember the films "Them" and "Phase IV" about mutant ants.

I'm fully stocked with cans of Raid.

"Say it with flowers - Send her a Triffid'.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I understood you. England's achievements in space are zero!
This is fine))))

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Homophobic and racist, again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join