It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - It Happened to Me!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheInvisibleRedneck

This is getting really good. Your efforts are astounding, bravo!

From my understanding, there are now three people who remember the empty lot, with the grandmother remembering both the house and the empty lot together after the house was there in the 90s. You said that the house goes back to 88, they may not have occupied it until the early 90s.

I would trust you and your friend's memories more. Still interesting how the grandmother synthesized the remembered realities into one, not that this resolved anything it seems.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Are you sure everyone is talking about the same place?

Without seeing it it's possible people talk about something else without noticing.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: notamodrockerormocker

For what it is worth I remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison. The other one that really got me was the Moonraker one. When I was a kid Dolly HAD braces. When she smiles at Jaws with a mouth full of metal it just makes the whole scene. Dunno what is going on but I know what I saw multiple times back in the day. Also Isaiah 11:6 was about a lion and a lamb, not a wolf and a lamb. Weird stuff.

Thanks for posting this OP. I have been following to see the updates.

In my previous timeline Nelson Mandela definitely died in prison and one of my favorite movies was James Bonds Moonraker. I saw it about 3 times at the local theater and Dolly definitely had braces in it.

Here is an article from 1979 and the critic states that Dolly had a mouthful of braces.

www.newspapers.com...

Interesting enough I worked with my Dad at the Jif Plant in Lexington Ky for 20 years. It has always been Jif Peant butter. We used to get mad when someone called it Jiffy.

The original label came out in 1958 and it has a rabbit on the jar.

www.tumblr.com...

I think Jiffy is a better name. Jif is just a strange name.

I have a theory on why the timeline changes. It's based on the simulation theory, quantum mechanics, and retro-causality as understood from the 2022 Nobel Prize experiment called the Double Slit Quantumn Eraser.

It's a mind bending experiment that some people believe shows that the observed end state of a particle changes the past path the particle takes.

What does that mean for you and I? It means the future end of the universe would close all alternate paths and leave only one path that leads to a desired state.

I think the universe is a simulation that provides its creator with all information and experience. The end goal is super consciousness and all alternate paths collapse leaving only the ultimate timeline. That's explains the Mandela effect that we all experience in different ways.

edit on 16-4-2024 by DdPoolDude because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2024 by DdPoolDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Nelson Mandela and the Berenstein Bears wasn't one of the big ones for me. One of the big ones for me was the change from Interview With - A - Vampire to Interview with - THE - Vampire, and as often is the case it was a pretty crappy change.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This one blew my mind. In the song California Dreaming by the Mama's and the Papas the lyrics on the original recording have changed.

The verse on the recording is now " I stopped into a church.....along the way......I got down on my knees......and I pretend to pray.

I have always loved this song and I am certain that it used to be " I got down on my knees and I began to pray".

Pretend to pray doesn't even make sense. Why would you stop at a church and pretend to pray? That's just dumb.

There are several live videos were they clearly sing " began to pray".

Here's a video playing the original recording and the live recordings were they sing "began to pray".

youtu.be...
edit on 17-4-2024 by DdPoolDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DdPoolDude

I like that song and I'm really BIG on the 70s. I think it was "began to pray" as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The more I think about it though the less confident I am with some of these Mandelas as opposed to others. A couple of examples:

1. With me and "definitely". I think I may have been spelling it wrong as "definately" back in the day, and then these spell checkers come along with the red squiggly lines and these initial thoughts that are now memories maybe create a false Mandela.
Also, de-finitely seems to make more sense than de-finately where finately isn't even a word.
I'm more confident with "dilemna" though as opposed to "dilemma".

2. With the song I'm not really sure, but "pretend" could make "sense" in a proper context if a non-religious person were to find themselves as part of a group prayer for whatever reason, then they might "pretend" to pray, so then it comes down to trying to remember specific phonetics of the song.
And some of these Mandelas make a lot less sense than that.
I do still feel like it's a real phenomenon though, but it's just that we could be mistaken with some of these.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's PRETEND to pray (as it's always been)... WHY? Because she stopped in a church on a cold day and was pretending to pray so she could stay and warm up.

a reply to: DdPoolDude

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CCoburn
One of the big ones for me was the change from Interview With - A - Vampire to Interview with - THE - Vampire, and as often is the case it was a pretty crappy change.

Are you talking about the movie or the book?

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Knowing the origin of the word helps.

"Dilemma" is made with two Greek words: "di" (two) and "lemma" (proposition).

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Doc Lithium

Whoah, Challenger is one of my ME's. Sally Ride died, not Christine Mcalister (speling?). I want to read that old article too.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Knowing the origin of the word helps.

"Dilemma" is made with two Greek words: "di" (two) and "lemma" (proposition).

It just seems weird to have recollection of such an oddly constructed word, and I'm not the only one. I'm not really sure if all words can be deconstructed to have separate meaning, but the "lemn" segment isn't a total fabrication as it can be found in some Latin word origins like solemn or sollemnis.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

One of the big ones for me was the change from Interview With - A - Vampire to Interview with - THE - Vampire, and as often is the case it was a pretty crappy change.

Are you talking about the movie or the book?

The movie, but a few years ago someone agreed with me that did have the book and proceeded to locate it from their library and seemed pretty freaked out with the results: "IT WAS A, NO BLEEPIN' WAY!!"

Can't say how credible they were, but they were a senior and respected member of a forum, even if it was an occult forum.
edit on 4/19/2024 by CCoburn because: Typos

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

OK So, WHAT HAPPENED?!

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It just seems weird to have recollection of such an oddly constructed word, and I'm not the only one. I'm not really sure if all words can be deconstructed to have separate meaning, but the "lemn" segment isn't a total fabrication as it can be found in some Latin word origins like solemn or sollemnis.

"Lemn", not "lemna".

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Not a Mandela Effect memory per se but rather a memory of an historical event which has since been never mentioned and almost entirely forgotten.
When Bush 41 gave the order to invade Iraq to liberate Kuwait. He went on live TV announcing the invasion and announced that Saddam Hussein would be given the opportunity to withdraw his forces from Kuwait and would not come under fire. This was a hedge by Bush in case things don't go as well as hoped and if american forces suffered significant casualties and the american people might not like it. We all know that the invasion was a big success with very low losses so they then kept up the offensive and mowed down retreating Iraqi military forces in what became a turkey shoot.
Not that the iraqis deserved a break but you cannot trust a Bush any more than you could trust a Clinton or an Obama or a Biden.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join