It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

March 31st has been the Transgender Day of Visibility for well over a decade now.

Easter just happened to fall on the 31st of March instead of the first Sunday of April, as I remember it being when I was a kid.

Your calendar may vary.

My Eastern Orthodox friend celebrates on May 5th.

Go figure.

Maybe Jesus died for Transgender people too?

Whodathunk.
edit on 3/31/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: randomuser2034

You're talking about the Middle Eastern Cults.

I'm talking about the European Tribes.

The pagans that St. Patrick and the Church driove out of Ireland were the ones who practiced human sacrifice.

Like I said earlier, not all the Pagans were worshippers of Evil, Dark and Unholy Things.

The ones who focused on the natural cycles of nature and harmony with life and death without actual human sacrifice were left in peace.

Those are the ones I study, those are the paths I read about, I have no use for demonology and I know well the dangers of the Fae or Djinn and Trickster spirits.

I'm schizophrenic, I'm up to my ears in my own demons already, I don't need to attract the attentions of more from cultures outside my own, but I get what you're getting at in your response.

In my Darkest Hour, I prayed and prayed, I felt God had forsaken me, I pleaded for Jesus to help me, and there was no avail, no respite.

What got me through was a passage in the Book of James:

"Consider it a great joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you experience various trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing."

God created me for a purpose, he created me with reason, discernment and an intelligent mind, and as I meditated on that passage in the abense of God's Mercy and Presence, it kept him close to me, for He inspired the author to pen those words, and for a book of those authors to be bound and translated, and provded to the world at large, that we may each take what we need from it to continue the unfolding of Creation and the coming of Christs Kingdom on Earth.

He created me as he did, with all I needed at my time of Trial, and though I still find myself at times where I need to be hospitalized because of my condition and affliction, I'm always fortunate enough to find Angels and Good People in various guises in various traditions and paths, mostly Healers and Persons of Faith, Christian Pagans you might say, and tradional Christians of various Faiths.

This is why people call me a heretic, because for some reason my testimony isn't as simplistic and eloquent as men and women of more formal education, but I'm trying my best, and that's all I can really do.

I am just a small player in a Grand Play, and I have few lines worthy of note.

I hope you realize I am doing the best I can, and cannot cover everything all at once in one heaping post.

Thanks for reading and giving me the opportunity to clarify my position.

And thank you for your approach. It shows your sincerity. I respect your viewpoint on these matters.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

Thank you for the kindness.

It's appreciated.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: chr0naut

Right. So if the only way to the Father is through the Son then where does that leave the Jews with the exception of the messianic Jews?

That is fairly obvious.

In the same state that they are in with no Temple and no rites of cleansing or atonement.

... exactly like all them gentiles without Christ are.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: 19Bones79

Aye, he was not born at Christmas or died at Easter.

That's just the Holy Roman Church of St Peter appropriating Pagan festivals for their own control purposes.

Some of those pagan festivals, such as Sol Invictus and Roman Military Mithraism, were post-Christian.

Syncretism goes both ways.

The Saturnalia is actually pre-Christian.

Saturnalia was on the 15th December, and later extended to 19th December prior to Christianity.

Post Christianity, they extended the feast even further, until 23rd December.

It's fairly clear, from a historic perspective, that they were trying to encroach on Christianity.

Saturnalia

edit on 2024-03-31T23:10:12-05:0011Sun, 31 Mar 2024 23:10:12 -050003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
If organized religions sole purpose was to control, what exactly are they trying to to control?

A control of keeping the 10 commandments, tithes?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I reckon he would see it as one of the many symptoms in a world run by the synagogue of satan.

There are so many perversions of the natural order of things I think we have largely forgotten what the natural order of things looks like.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

After some time of living people figure out very well the work of human hands. When there's underestimation there's a reason for it, people only put out what's put in.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

With faith coming from God, giving stones to hungry people may make them find fossils.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

Will faith fill their bellies and alleviate their hunger or starvation?

Probably not eh.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The faith of other people does contribute to the feeding of the poor.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   

You may possibly mean via donation of money to a church.

But faith is a leap.

It does not provide sustenance to anything other than a person's spiritual belief.

And extends a modicum of peace of mind.

You can't eat faith and thats a fact.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BrosephAdam

The hearts and minds of their subjects.

Not much if about it really "if" in doubt see the better part of recording history.
edit on 1-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yes, the spiritual belief you need to be kind and feed the poor. Yes, faith without works is dead, if that's what you mean.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   

People can't eat spiritual beliefs Unharmed no matter how hungry they are.

Faith alone cannot sustain a person and at some point they are apt to require food.

That's what i mean.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Yes, faith is not a cooked meal though people with faith can feed the poor if you get what I mean. They do so because humans can have the ability to share and care.
edit on 1711966363405amMon, 01 Apr 2024 05:12:43 -050004America/Chicago01 by Unharmed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Yes, with food, not faith.

And they do so because humans have the ability to empathise with others.

Which is part and parcel of the human condition.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:21 AM
link   

With or without faith, who knows what people are capable of.

Yes, the human condition, hence the starving.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   

The capabilities of individuals can be profound, regardless of their beliefs or faith.

Poverty often arises from systemic inequalities.

Far too few haves far too many have-nots in this world.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yes, but the confusion is overall meaningless and empty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join