It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced to 25 Years in Prison

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Sam Bankman-Fried has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.

BREAKING: Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced to 25 Years in Prison – Second Biggest Democrat Donor Was Convicted for ‘One of the Biggest Financial Frauds in American History’

“A man willing to flip a coin as to the continued existence of life on earth. Mr. Bankman-Fried knew that Alameda was spending customer funds on risky investments, political contributions and Bahamas real estate. The funds were not his to use.”

The billionaire crypto-bro SBF, second Democrat donor after only George Soros, came crashing down from glory to infamy after his crypto trading platform FTX went bankrupt in what prosecutors described as ‘one of the biggest financial frauds in American history’.

Jurors in his trial only needed three hours of deliberations to find Bankman-Fried guilty of all seven criminal counts.

SBF’s defense has proposed a prison term between five and six and a half years, because he is a vegan, good-natured do-gooder.

Prosecutors were not kidding around, seeking 40 to 50 years in prison, a sentence they say is warranted for someone who lied to investors and banks, and stole billions in deposits from customers.

Judge Kaplan started out did not accept the defense claim that, because there is a plan by the FTX bankruptcy estate to pay costumers and creditors, that ‘there was no loss’ to them, a fact that defense thinks should lower his sentence.

“Judge Kaplan: I find the loss amount readily exceeds $550 million, the top tier [for sentencing]. I find investors lost $1.7 billion, lenders lost $1.3 billion, and customers, $8 billion.”

There's more information in the article.

I hope FTX investors can get as much of their money back as possible.

Although, I was a customer of Mt. Gox and Crypsy when they collapsed, I never found myself wanting to do business with FTX, thankfully.

I got out of Mt. Gox in time, but Crypsy got me pretty good, as far as I know they never tracked down "Big Vern", and the settlements were small compared to what was lost.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Glad to hear it, but he was no more than a front man all along. It would be great to see this investigated further and the power players behind him go down.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
But...but...but...ATS told me that he would never spend a day in prison.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry to hear you got caught up in the wash dude(tte)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

They don't send guys like this to super max. He'll do 5 in a country club/low security prison and get quietly released.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am wondering if SBF was behind the sale of ATS ? .

I have seen a few comments on the owner might be in jail , and with the way the fees were not paid last year he is in my top two

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

He won't serve that whole sentence. Heck just this morning I was watching an unsolved mysteries episode where a guy beat one woman to death and another into a coma and the update was they caught him, convicted him of murder and sentenced him to 85 years. And he has since been released and this crime took place in 1993 so.... thats nowhere near 85 years. And that was a murder. Dollars to donuts he will be out in 18 months.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hmm... I Bet his Mom is Happy .........

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna Normally I’d agree.

But if part of that sentence reduction includes naming names and illustrating the layout of the scheme, he’ll be found dead from suicide.

As in a double-tap from a 12-gauge... A rather impressive but somehow not unheard of tragic feat of desperation.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yep SBF was only the front man in the con artist Democrat’s money laundering scheme.

How did Bernie Madoff get 150 years and this turd only gets 25?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

“because he is a vegan, good-natured do-gooder.”

LOL, so not eating meat makes him a good person. But draining people’s financial livelihoods for selfish gain doesn’t make him a bad person?

I’d like to see him maintain that vegan diet in prison. This little weasel has sh!thead written all over his face. It’s interesting how some people just have the innate look of slime balls.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican
A break action single shot

In his own cell he must of snuck it in somehow on a day where all the guards where sick and a power outage happen the back up generator was out of gas to

Happens all the time

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   
No need to reply to yourself. Yes, it is that obvious to us who have been here for decades 😉

originally posted by: Markovian2
a reply to: SteamyAmerican
A break action single shot

In his own cell he must of snuck it in somehow on a day where all the guards where sick and a power outage happen the back up generator was out of gas to

Happens all the time

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

He won't serve that whole sentence. Heck just this morning I was watching an unsolved mysteries episode where a guy beat one woman to death and another into a coma and the update was they caught him, convicted him of murder and sentenced him to 85 years. And he has since been released and this crime took place in 1993 so.... thats nowhere near 85 years. And that was a murder. Dollars to donuts he will be out in 18 months.

He won't be out in 18 months, maybe 18 years if he's lucky

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

He better Hope Jack Reacher is his Cell Mate Or............

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vance2

Wait what?

Me or Mark?

Unlike you or him I did change my name when ATS went kaput last year.

I thought the three of us had been here for some time actually.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join