It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAINE SHUTS DOWN OVER 50 FARMS for invisible hazard, then buys the land at a "Fair Price."

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Clearly the same thing is happening , and has been happening, all over the world. In Europe the farmers have to deal with stupid goverment restrictions because of 'climate change' BS , the Amish have had to deal with this as well .

It should be blantantly obvious that the goverments are after the farmer's land and to shut down as much food production as possible.
Remember all those food plants fires not that long ago?
And the 'problems' with eggs and chickes? It's all BS.

Oh and they want to ban private chicken ownership!

Aaand they want to try to shut down backyard gardening , you know, so you don't try to grow your own food!

edit on 27-3-2024 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The "Fair price" is BS too. I heard about this yesterday, it was less than 2k an acre.

I've got land in Maine- not plowed and set up for farming I'm turning down offers regularly north of 4k an acre, I assume by buyers who want to clear cut it, sell the wood, and lay down solar farms to get government tax credits. to convert this land for farming you'd need to invest quite a bit of labor and money into it, and even then it's not ideal.

My smallest lot is 10 acres- turning down 40k for that lot is hard, but I don't want them coming in and disturbing the area. the surrounding ~120 acres of property is excellent hunting and I plan to build a house up there.

An hour or so south, about half the farmland has been converted to solar in the past ten years. Mostly small farming operations with lots under 50 acres, snatched up one at a time and covered in panels.
Funny how the price of electricity in the state has more than doubled in that timeframe...
edit on Wednesday2024Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:03:42 -0500272024-03-27T14:03:42-05:00202403pm2024-03-27T14:03:42-05:00 by lordcomac because: less than operator broke post

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I knew the 'fair price' is BS. It's basically extortion/theft , legallized extortion/theft off course as it's the government

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I wonder what kind of "forever chemicals" are going to be found in solar panels. That might be the irony that burns all those who built solar farms and later have the government take their land, like this.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Found?
They already know.
And if they get broken? You know, like from Hail (Texas) that they can't even handle?

* “Contrary to previous assumptions, pollutants such as lead or carcinogenic cadmium can be almost completely washed out of the fragments of solar modules over a period of several months, for example by rainwater.”

Found here.

Did any of the Maine farmers have their land tested independently? I sure wouldn't take the governments word for it.

And honestly, it is all BS. A land grab is all it is. I sure as hell wouldn't sell it to the government.
edit on 27-3-2024 by chiefsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oregon too...

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Its always easy to witness the hidden hand at play-we can see it every time all the globalist leaders jump on the same bandwagon at the same tme.
In lockstep as they themselves say.
The covid lies,the open borders/mass immigration funded by the NGOs,the new marriage laws,the new gender laws,the hate crimes for stating different opinions,the surveilance society,CBDCs,the impending WHO pandemic/end of sovereignty scam,etc..

Now in their continued effort to implement the techno transhuman dystopia--and get more wealthy under the guise of net zero,they have decided they don't want as many people living anymore.So they target the farmers.

They want famine for all the developed world.

You and I are the carbon they wish to remove.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: network dude

And honestly, it is all BS. A land grab is all it is. I sure as hell wouldn't sell it to the government.

I wouldn't either. If it's land or house, I'd burn it to the ground before I'd be forced to sell it for a 'fair price'

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: onestonemonkey

They want famine for all the developed world.

You and I are the carbon they wish to remove.

Not just the developed world. Globally, farmers being pushed off their land, government capitulation to mega-corp and extra-national interests. Introduction of agricultural land not only repurposed for climate agenda but also chemical fed solo-cropping with GM, all leading to soil erosion and depletion.

And all the while people being fed MSM bull about nitrogen, known for centuries as essential for soil health.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

Just joining the list of depopulation indicators directed at a population
apparently unable to recognize acts of war. When our children begin
to starve it will be to late.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

Why do you think the gov wanted that land?*

* Former Homeland Sec 1st Responder wants to know.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You Don't Say ....

edit on 28-3-2024 by MetalThunder because: carpe diem

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

edit on 3/28/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Those are crazy low prices. I'm in the mid-west where crappy undeveloped land starts at 10k and just goes up from there. My farm is set up for cattle: fenced and cross-fenced, pond, auto waterers, outbuildings, etc. I've seen other farms going as high as 35k/ac.

To add, crop leases are currently going for around $100/ac/yr.
edit on 28-3-2024 by Moon68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Control the food...control the people. That is a policy that goes back many centuries and maybe even millenniums.

Seems like it is getting lots worse this last three years for some "strange" reason. I am going to let people interpret that statement on their own.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

Those are crazy low prices. I'm in the mid-west where crappy undeveloped land starts at 10k and just goes up from there. My farm is set up for cattle: fenced and cross-fenced, pond, auto waterers, outbuildings, etc. I've seen other farms going as high as 35k/ac.

To add, crop leases are currently going for around $100/ac/yr.

Farming is different here- Cattle is almost impossible to make a profit on.
High taxes aside, we have a short growing season and a long winter. Crops are harvested in September, by october we start getting snow. Some years the ground is still frozen until mid April, and the snowmelt means you can't plow or plant until May- that's a six month growing season, could be less on a bad year.

Then we have less sunlight, and the soil tends to be rocky/sandy and not that great for growing in, and we don't have a lot of flat land. My road is 230' of elevation over 2400', and that's winding a bit to keep it under 10% grade, which is code around here- so tractoring on it is difficult too.

I think the last cattle farmer I talked to was only raisng ten head- just for friends and family come harvest time. The FDA costs just make butchering for a small farm unreasonable, and then you need to house/feed that cattle six months out of the year.

We see some corn, a lot of potato, lots of squash variants. I think there's one large Broccoli farm around here somewhere.
For livestock most small farms focus on goats and sheep, smaller animals that are better suited to cold weather.

All of those things are factors why farm land is "cheap" up here- it's not profitable.
Also a reason a lot of rich twits from the city own all the waterfront property even though they're never up here.

absolutely beautiful place to live, if you can scrape a living together.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Makes sense. Most cattle farming here is on legacy land and when it is leased it's $30-$50/ 10ac per year. Corn and beans are the king crops in my area. My better half's daughter is marrying into one of the larger farm families around here in a couple months. I don't know precisely, but I'm thinking they work 50-60k acres a year while owning only, maybe 15k of that, the rest leased.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maine is now just a road to get to Canada, for me.

I used to spend time and money there, but their sneaky government politics and these farm hijackings are such obvious proof that they just do not give a sh!t about their citizens. They are even one of the few states that tried to eliminate Donald Trump from the voting ballot.

Maine was once a great place for vacations and to just get away.

No more.

new topics

top topics

join