It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Disclosure - Professor Simon claims that SETI at Home actually discovered 18 signals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We're going back to the 90's, where communication with ETs may have first begun.

This is a step back from a previous Professor Simon video that claimed real-time communication with ET was happening in Europe via quantum tunneling radios, which was featured and discussed in this ATS thread:

Contact! A 25 year UN disclosure plan is now in year 5

Professor Simon points out that the US has claimed that there were no results from the SETI at Home research project, but that wasn't true for part of the project that was conducted in Europe.

He explains that the software that was used for the SETI at Home project, was open source and modifiable. He says that in Europe researchers decided to look for signs of Doppler shifts in the data that they were analyzing, and ultimately found 18 cases of them.

He leaves us hanging, saying that there is more to come in future videos.

Is Professor Simon leading the way for one aspect of ET disclosure? I don't know, but it does seem like he could be.

My thoughts can be summed in this comment I made to a friend shortly before seeing this new video.

I think one of two things are going on right now, and probably for the wrong reasons.
1. Governments have been engaged with ETs, have some incredible technology because of it, and they are very slowly and very softly disclosing some of this info to the public.
2. Governments have developed advanced AI and other impressive technology in secret, that could be used to fool the public into believing in a fake ET, with something like Project Blue Beam.

Number 1 is exciting and leaves more room for hope, whereas I can't see much good coming from number 2.

From the Project Blue Beam article:

Jerid explained, “The first phase is going to be to unearth some kind of documents that change our perception of the reality that we live in – confusing us and opening our minds to a possibility of what could be. The second phase is to basically have us all be able to imagine what this would look like and the best way to do that is through movies."

He even suggested that the 1996 film Independence Day was part of this psychological programming. “The third step is they will actually project holographic images into the sky to actually make us see the alien invasion," Jerid continued. “Then the fourth step is to have us all go into underground bunkers, and they’re going to put us into submarines and the few that are lucky enough are going to survive this ‘end of the world apocalypse.'"

edit on 24-3-2024 by IndieA because: Formatting

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

If I understand him correctly, they looked for a Doppler shift in a "radio" frequency. If this is the real method they used then I would have to assume that in order to detect the Doppler effect, you'd need two receivers X distance apart. Further, I would also assume that on the surface of the Earth, you would not be able to have two receivers far enough away from each other and able to listen to said signal at the same time to detect the Doppler effect. Which would mean that they'd have to use satellites X miles apart. Methinks a secret deep space probe program.

I never did trust Bob and Shirley BTW.
edit on b39SundaySundayxpm03 by billxam1 because: spilling error

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

somehow the "we know about them aliens" story seems to be over. let's leave the search for extraterrestrial life to the professionals. maybe someday we found something out there. in the meantime we should focus on our home planet because if we are continue with all this # there will be no one left to ask if there is something out there.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam1

I would have to assume that in order to detect the Doppler effect, you'd need two receivers X distance apart

No, I don't think that is the case.

They used one receiver that would have been moving across several locations, thanks to the Earth's spin, and would have listened for signals that were coming and going, distinguishing them from the abundant noise in space.

edit on 24-3-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

let's leave the search for extraterrestrial life to the professionals.

lol and Who might that Be ? Who are the Professionals ? Let me guess they are College educated and Federally Funded

I've had enough of the " Professionals " to last a lifetime. Fact Checkers who literally just make it up as they go , Intelligence Professionals who all agreed Russia planted Hunters Laptop or something along those lines , Biologist who can't even tell you what a woman is . Archeologist who still think the Pyramids were built with Ramps and Ropes and Humanity just appeared 6,000 years ago like magic .

A Professional is nothing more than a person who agrees with the right people and has a Degree showing that yes they were indeed educated by other professionals.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've been trying for years to teach two simple facts about UFOs:

1. The many different types of genuine craft that exhibit null-mall "flight" is a visual, physical we are being visited by many, not several, but many civilizations.

2. That position is backed up by the fact that many of the proven landings witnessed by humans over the decades are of a great variety of vastly different beings. Some seemingly wearing protective suits with helmets and others bare headed.

(The original "Little Green Men," known these days as "greys," ubiquitous among the UFO landings and "medical exams" lore, are the exception and perhaps have a bearing on a long-standing relationship with us.)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There seems to have been some new signals received. Infos bouncing around on UFO twitter. No first hand sources yet.

I’ll post about it when/if first hand source talks about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I loved this project!

I had 3 computers always running it in the background for years.

When I lived in CA in the mid 90's, their office was literally right next door to ours. We were on Landings Drive in Mountain View, CA. Google was also in that office complex and ultimately they bought the entire office park.

It was sad when they shut the project down and stopped sending new work units out to all of the participants.

S+F!

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

That's also my thinking.

And the gov't has ample evidence of it via the satellites we use for the NRO. But the NRO was semi-recently militarized under the new name - Space Force.

You can look it up.

National Reconaissance Office

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I meant to say "null-mass" in my earlier post.

A few months ago, I posted a reply to a thread generally about the universe virtually humming with life versus what most of were taught by, top of the heap, science that humans were unique and owned the universe to do with as we wished.

I quoted info about a study done to bulwark thoughts of a crowded universe. The study was Pulsar Positioning System: A quest for evidence of extraterrestrial engineering by Clement Vidal at the University of Brussels.

The study of 52 pages was online, but I wager it is gone now. They found that pulsars may well be a GPS system for navigating our galaxy. Such a comprehension is beyond most minds that dwell in a "human privilege" condition. But give it a try anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

edit on 3/25/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I remember running SETI@home, I can't remeber how long I had that screen saver running for. I thought it was a brilliant idea at the time.
Prof' Simon does some good videos with some interesting subjects even if they are a little incorrect from time to time.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
But, but, we can't have those pesky ordinary people talking to ET first, they might get free energy technology or free other technology. So shut it down because only we want that information to use as we see fit and if that includes keeping this technology out of the ordinary peoples hands and they suffer and die because of it, so be it.

PS. that's the free economy that you all crow about, suck it up.
edit on 25-3-2024 by crayzeed because: added sentence

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

That's also my thinking.

And the gov't has ample evidence of it via the satellites we use for the NRO. But the NRO was semi-recently militarized under the new name - Space Force.

You can look it up.

I'm not seeing too much on the NRO's website about Space Force, except that Space Force projects comprise 27% of 35% (only 9.45%), of what the NRO does.

edit on 25-3-2024 by IndieA because: Reformated

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA probably a mix of the two im guessing

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

That's also my thinking.

You can look it up.

I'm not seeing too much on the NRO's website about Space Force, except that Space Force projects comprise 27% of 35% (only 9.45%), of what the NRO does.

Years back, there was going to be a merging of the NRO and Space Force when Space Force was created. But it didn't happen for some reason. They are two separate agencies, both under the DoD umbrella and they share information.

Here's the Space Force website. It's pretty cool and well put together.

US Space Force

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Previous to American Space Force……Russia had established its own Space Forces

Source: Russian Space Forces

The Russian Space Forces (Russian: Космические войска России, tr. Kosmicheskie voyska Rossii, KV) are the space force branch of the Russian Aerospace Forces. Having been reestablished following August 1, 2015 merger between the Russian Air Force and the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces after the independent arm of service was dissolved in 2011.

Formed on August 10, 1992 alongside the creation of the Russian Armed Forces, the Russian Space Forces was the first independent space force in the world. [1] The organization shared control of the Baikonur Cosmodrome with Roscosmos, the Federal Space Agency. It also operated the Plesetsk and the Svobodny Cosmodromes. However the Russian Space Forces were dissolved in July 1997 and incorporated into the Strategic Missile Forces.[2]

The Russian Space Forces were once again reformed as an independent troop on June 1, 2001, under a military reorganization. However, by December 2011, it was dissolved once again and this time replaced by the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces.[3]

On August 1, 2015, the Russian Air Force and the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces were merged to form the Russian Aerospace Forces.[4][5] The Russian Space Forces were reestablished as a result, and are now one of three sub-branches of the new military branch.[6]

Good Luck translating….
Russia Space Force website

Much like Sputnik ….America lags…..establishing Space Force in December 2019…..years after Russia.

No telling what Russia has been doing and continues to do up in Space…at least not the regular citizens of earth would know.

👽
edit on 25-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I used to have SETI at Home on my PC...

A long time ago, I guess they still have it...

Here: setiathome.berkeley.edu...

The ETS didn’t bother me though...I didn't here from them.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I forgot to mention...

I was hacked by someone with the initials RD
And a little alien face showed on my PC once...

Beyond that, nothing happened

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introufo2
I used to have SETI at Home on my PC...

A long time ago, I guess they still have it...

Here: setiathome.berkeley.edu...

The ETS didn’t bother me though...I didn't here from them.

Yes, the website is still up but they are not sending out any more work units, and haven't for many years. The work units were what the SETI at Home client processed on your machine. It was it's only purpose in life, so to speak. Without new work units, it wasn't even a doorstop. It was just an orphan program crying in the wilderness...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join