It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Drones Swarmed Langley AFB For Weeks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Link

If this is aliens, they’re just getting cheeky now. This base is tasked with stopping aircraft… 😂 😂 😂

Air Force's job to protect American airspace, not the Navy's. Having a base tasked with that mission, and its airspace getting penetrated for weeks on end is clearly not the best look, especially after major lapses in domain awareness and air defense capabilities were recently spotlighted by the Chinese Spy Balloon saga.

So this has been ongoing, at this and other bases recently. This incident started in December.

The installation first observed UAS [uncrewed aerial systems] activities the evening of December 6 [2023] and experienced multiple incursions throughout the month of December. The number of UASs fluctuated and they ranged in size/configuration," a spokesperson for Langley Air Force Base told The War Zone

They are taking this very seriously.

The situation prompted a serious response and caused significant reverberations throughout the U.S. military.

To get a better look at these craft they had NASA come in with a specialized reconnaissance plane to get a better look. They haven’t shared if this was successful and they have images. If they were human drones they would have easily spotted and dismissed this as frivolous. So they are either alien or some foreign country.

NASA's trio of WB-57Fs are specialized research aircraft that can be configured to carry a wide array of imaging and other sensors and equipment in their noses and other modular payload bays. In cooperation with NASA, the U.S. military has made use of these aircraft on various occasions

One of NASA's WB-57Fs with a turret with multiple types of cameras installed on its nose. NASA

Lots of these incidents are occurring with "drones" over highly sensitive areas yet they are never shot down or captured.

It is important to note that this is not the first time that Langley and other U.S. military bases across the country, including outlying U.S. territories, as well as critical civilian infrastructure, have been subjected to mysterious drone overflights. U.S. warships have also been swarmed off the coasts of the United States. U.S. military aircraft are also routinely encountering drones in various test and training ranges and other restricted military operating areas. America's nuclear power plants have had very troubling encounters with drone swarms. Yet the frequency and nature of the incursions in Virginia sound eerily similar to the bizarre claims of unidentified drone swarms roving over the plains of Colorado in the Winter of 2019-2020. The government response to those incidents was something of a meek sideshow compared to what clearly occurred regarding the Langley incidents — a sign of just how much more serious these incidents are being taken.

Remember the navy whistleblower before congress saying they saw them daily? This was right off the coast from this current incidents.

All this is in addition to the strange encounters between U.S. Navy fighter aircraft and unidentified craft that have occurred persistently for years just off the coast of where Langley is located. Based on investigative reporting by The War Zone, some of these were directly identified as drones in pilot hazard reports obtained via FOIA.

Maybe the aliens are trolling the pentagon pushing them to disclose?

If it’s China, Russia, or some other country and we can’t stop these drones we are in real trouble if war breaks out.

Time for them to start publishing pictures and coming clean with what they know.

Also we need to UAS to UFO/UAP as term they are using.

Edit to add:

According to one commenter they sent loaded f-16 after them:

Did you miss the bit about the F-16s? They ghosted over our house one night during this at just over stall speed, so low that we could see the load out.

Same link as above, look in comments section.
edit on 17-3-2024 by pianopraze because: ETA

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

How many different play on words…are going to add to the BS?

UAS [uncrewed aerial systems]

Really?

This is getting beyond reduckelous!

Somebody call the pentagon and let them know that Drone Jammers exist and they ought to contact these folks…

Drone Jammers

Oh yeah…..it’s going to cost trillions of taxpayers dollars..

👽
edit on 18-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I can't wait to not be terrified by a few more reasons to be terrified.

I'm so beyond fear it may not be healthy.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Isn’t the Langley area also where CIA headquarters is at?

WOWzers….the Spooks are getting Spooked by other Spooks ….😂🤣😂

👽

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Reading more about this incident.

They have been trying to take them down with electronic warfare and failing.

They were flying several thousand feet (6000). I don’t think many commercial drones can go that high. They had the NASA planes at 20,000 feet with high caliber optics and sensors trying to get imaging of them. So we should have something good, if not wtf?

Some people on base got video, but it was too far away to make out.

They sent load f-16s after them according to locals and were unable to shoot them down.

At this point I hope it’s aliens as we’re screwed if it’s conventional enemy.
edit on 18-3-2024 by pianopraze because: Added 6000

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I liked this reply off Twitter:

Probably not genuine UAP? If that's the case then either an adversary or a domestic Force has found a way to penetrate our airspace and harass our military for weeks without getting caught? If true, the whole chain of command should be court martialed for dereliction.

They are laughing at them changing UFO’s/UAP to UAS - maybe it’s the pentagon who’s coming "unscrewed"…

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:46 AM
link   

My gut feeling…it’s…..Dr. Evil

👽😆

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Wow, someone got good video. Can’t wait to see it:

Twitter link

Langley AFB - Surry Nuclear Plant case under my supervision. I’ve had several Langley cases and this one came with top-level video etc.

"Outstanding professional level video" they say in one response…

This might get real interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Reading more about this incident.

They have been trying to take them down with electronic warfare and failing.

They were flying several thousand feet (6000). I don’t think many commercial drones can go that high. They had the NASA planes at 20,000 feet with high caliber optics and sensors trying to get imaging of them. So we should have something good, if not wtf?

Some people on base got video, but it was too far away to make out.

They sent load f-16s after them according to locals and were unable to shoot them down.

At this point I hope it’s aliens as we’re screwed if it’s conventional enemy.

Makes some kind of sense that, if "anti-drone" electronic warfare systems were unable to bring these objects down, aircraft weapons systems would, also, be unsuccessful due failing to be able to "lock on" to a target.

In my gut, I am rather hoping that this is an example of something truly Unknown.

The possibility that some potential adversary was in possession of, and deploying, such technology against the US, bodes outcomes that chill the blood.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

I can't wait to not be terrified by a few more reasons to be terrified.

I'm so beyond fear it may not be healthy.

If you're worried about aliens, don't be. It's arrogant self-serving humans that worry me.
Why worry about aliens? They're not interested in shooting us or starting some war, that's a human concept.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Supposedly, our "Anti-Drone" capabilities are dependent on being able to interfere with the drone technology we currently have and understand. This would be ECM on the radio frequencies and GPS being used for control as well as electrical interference that would interfere with ESC's and brushless motors using microwaves and even lasers.

I was under the impression that we do not fire ordnance at these things, but that may not still be the case. The fact that these have visual contact, well that is a signal that can be locked on as well, so who is it that says that we cannot get a lock-on if we wanted to unleash a barrage of shrapnel or use proximity concussion from high energy explosives?

There has to be a real good reason why we have not done that. Saying that, I hope we have not tried it and found it to be ineffective.

We also need to know if China or Russia has also experienced any of this "drone" activity on their military property. I am sure if it was going on in the UK we would know about it, albeit secretly, since no country wants to expose any vulnerability for security reasons.

I wonder if any of the whistle blowers have information about this happening in other countries as well, and if so, why have they not brought that up?
edit on 18-3-2024 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

👽

Oh my God this made me laugh my ass off for some reason at 350am 😂😂👏👏👌

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A very serious question:- How did they know they were drones? Why does everyone assume that, IF these aircraft were alien, Aliens come in human sizes? What if aliens are only 3 inches tall and these aircraft are manned?
Now what if they were not alien? Some other country spying? Naah, anybody and I mean anybody ever comes out with a statement like that should not be walking the streets with normal people. I know and you know that other nations (put what country you like here) have their own "spy satellite's" so they have absolutely no need for drone flyovers.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If craft or objects can travel at the speed of light instantaneously and at different angles instantaneously…..

What makes anyone think that our conventional hardware weapons has the speed to intercept? Imo our weapons will always miss.

Our only possibility of engagement is fighting speed of light with speed of light weapons.

So far…..we don’t have speed of light weapons mounted on our fighter aircraft….that I’m aware of.

So far……all we “publicly known” have…is this below. By the time it scrambles to get into flight….the objects are long gone. Not to mention our slow antiquated propulsion systems to try and keep up……like being a turtle racing a hare.

Unless the black world has something for smaller patrols of military craft….we will take a futile shot with whatever we got….. and miss by miles.

Below is representative of operational and no longer operational missiles of the US throughout the decades…..none of which took down a UFO …..and publicly known. Newer missiles are not representative…..however imo even any newer missiles just cannot match the speed of UFO’s.

Compared to the purported speed of UFO’s……..we are using the speed of bottle rocket’s…

👽

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Drones ate very common now and there are individuals that think its a good idea to go into restricted areas. The solution is attempt to follow it back to its source and place them under arrest. Trying to shoot them down people can be injured and can get very expensive. 99 percent of the time it will be someone who bought a drone at Walmart and doesn't realize there are restrictions for its use. Because to be honest you are not going to see much that is restricted because that is already hidden from spy satellites.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

👽

These events took place at Langley Air Force Base, located about 150 miles Southeast of Washington DC, just outside the town of Hampton, VA, near the mouth of Chesapeake Bay. CIA headquarters is located in the town of Langley, VA, about 5 miles Northwest up the Potomac River from DC.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

👽

These events took place at Langley Air Force Base, located about 150 miles Southeast of Washington DC, just outside the town of Hampton, VA, near the mouth of Chesapeake Bay. CIA headquarters is located in the town of Langley, VA, about 5 miles Northwest up the Potomac River from DC.

Thanks…..it was my “as the crow flies” area statement ….

👽

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Don’t know if anyone has been watching the evolving consumer drone industry….Drone racing has been around for a bit…..

But take a look at these and think what the black world drone technology development could now possibly be like…

Speed at the blink of an eye….

👽

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah, Mellon is bugging out over these mysterious drones over military installations...

link

All national security officials should read this article while keeping in mind the role drones are playing in Ukraine. The Chinese balloon threat is trivial compared to this ongoing activity over major US military facilities. It is not just Langley; other critical bases and facilities, as well as Navy ships at sea, are experiencing what appear to be the same strange, unaccountable intrusions. There was also a similar event involving swarms of unidentified drones in Western Nebraska and Northeast Colorado in 2020 that went on for months. Federal and state investigators failed to identify a source. Congress should hold hearings on these intrusions over Langley and the larger pattern of drone and UAP intrusions we have been experiencing. If this is Russia, or more likely China, we have a huge problem on our hands. I’ve been publicly and privately suggesting for years now that Congress dig more deeply into the US air defense threats and capabilities due to this ongoing pattern of activity, which unfortunately seems to be accelerating. I urge staff and members of Congress to please read this article. twz.com...

Is he concentrating on this in expectation of the IC's massive debunking of UFOs, then Mellon can say:

Oh no, I meant terrestrial UAPs too.

Hedging his UAP bet.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I’m sure this is in line with Mellon’s concerns….

Here’s a freebie that should be in the library of UFOlogy enthusiasts…..it’s a standard.

Direct link to free pdf book…….give it time to load into your browser then you can save as a pdf.

By Robert Hastings….

UFOs and Nukes Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites

Enjoy

👽🤓

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join