It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Point Drops 'Duty, Honor, Country' From Mission Statement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's all part of the slow boil that we aren't supposed to notice. They've gotten a large percent of the kids coming out of school hating the country. Now it's time to get the last frontier - the military. They will slowly turn it into a group that, if shown enough propaganda, will fire upon their own countrymen.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You can't have someone on the battlefield suddenly say they don't like what America is doing so they refuse to fight and do their duty.

Truth.

We have enough America hating fools in the general population of this country, there can be NONE in the military.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

. . . And?

Loyal to the job.

There are many jobs that require a loyalty oath — to the job.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

. . . And?

Loyal to the job.

Not even close to the same.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Loyal to the job.

No ... loyalty to the COUNTRY.
Loyalty to the point of giving your life for the country.
Loyalty to the point of killing large numbers of people for the country.

No 'job' requires that.
You don't get it.
You weren't in the military.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Loyal to the job.

No ... loyalty to the COUNTRY.
Loyalty to the point of giving your life for the country.
Loyalty to the point of killing large numbers of people for the country.

No 'job' requires that.
You don't get it.
You weren't in the military.

And if you went to another country, joined their military -- you'd be devoutly loyal to that country -- not your birth country.

I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

Imagine spending K-12 being groomed and manipulated to have these "values" primed in the individual before college or the military, and when you get to said destinations, it's actually about duty, honor and country. That's quite the culture shock and would be disruptive to the training process.

Correct. You're not gonna attract people who hate the country into the military if the military teaches you to cherish the country.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

. . . And?

Loyal to the job.

Then let's be a bit more precise. The jobs that our taxes pay for, should serve the interests of the tax payer. This means ALL military owes their allegiance to WE the PEOPLE.

edit on 13-3-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I do think it’s right to ask or insist a legal immigrant be loyal to any country other than their own.

Military is a job. Protecting the US is the job.

And if they are not loyal to the US, they won't be willing to put their life on the line to protect it. Demanding loyalty to the USA in order to be in the US Army is extremely important. It's not just a job. The military is MUCH more than that.

It is just a job.

Many jobs require loyalty.

You just gave it away again. 😀💡

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

And if you went to another country, joined their military -- you'd be devoutly loyal to that country -- not your birth country.
I doubt it.

You don't understand honor and loyalty.

A person can't join the US military and be loyal to a different country. Their loyalty must be to the USA. They must be willing to give their life for the USA and they must be willing to kill large numbers of people for the USA and they must be willing to defend the USA even if it doesn't do what they want it to. You can't have divided loyalties and be loyal to a different country. It doesn't work that way. When someone comes here from a different country and becomes a US citizen and joins the US military, their loyalty must be to the USA ... otherwise they need to leave because they are security risk and don't appreciate their new country. They never should have become citizens of the USA.

edit on 3/13/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Imagine if Today's U.S. Military were the Ones Fighting the Japanese Empire in 1941 . By 1942 the American People would All be Speaking WOKE Japanese......

edit on 13-3-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Imagine if Today's U.S. Military were the Ones Fighting the Japanese Empire in 1941 . By 1942 the American People would All be Speaking WOKE Japanese......

Yep. It's not just a job and you can't have divided loyalties.
A mentality like that would have lost us WWII in both Europe and the Pacific.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I do think it’s right to ask or insist a legal immigrant be loyal to any country other than their own.

And if they are not loyal to the US, they won't be willing to put their life on the line to protect it. Demanding loyalty to the USA in order to be in the US Army is extremely important. It's not just a job. The military is MUCH more than that.

It is just a job.

Do you know anything about ANYTHING?

Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen you post something accurate.

Can you post what day of the week it is, please? Just humor me.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What is your actual opinion of West Point dropping Duty, Honor, Country ??

What do you really think the reasons are ??

😃
[check for straight answers]

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I am so ashamed of our nations leadership.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What jobs require a loyalty oath? I've worked many jobs in my life, none of which have required a loyalty oath. Maybe we run in different circles...?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I agree, why come to a country to live and benefit from its freedoms and hand outs and not to be part of that country.

It does not make sense; illegal and legal immigrants are that immigrants that left their country for another country.

Plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sadly, is mostly democrats that have no respect for America as leaders and many also Republicans, that are in the pockets of private and foreign interest.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 09:33 PM
link   

. . . And?

Loyal to the job.

I have a very low expectation of what you are going to say when you post something.

You have actually managed to lower my expectations yet again.

I did not think that possible.

So the US military to you is just a job and it is the same as any other job that requires loyalty?

Darling, those of us that served will ultimately pay everything.

Some will do it while in the service, the rest of us will pay for it the rest of our lives.

Not quite the same as working in accounting or HR in a private business.

The level of disdain that you to appear to have for service members is... astounding.

I'm sorry I served for you.

edit on 100000003America/Chicago3pmWed, 13 Mar 2024 21:42:06 -050042 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

But you, Lumenari, would serve again because you gave your oath. Even for the willfully ignorant that you knew before, and after your service, you would protect them.

It's an oath.

I feel bad for the person that you responded to. They reap the gains of everything our military has lost in human life. They are willfully ignorant of how anything works in regards to warfare.

Peace be to all of our fallen soldiers that gave everything for our country. Ridding out the Nazi's and the communists always at bay in our doorstep.

There will always be the ignorant and the defeatists amongst us. Charge forward soldier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join