It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France makes abortion a constitutional right in historic vote

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

But the woman doesn't depend on the embryo's/fetus' blood and oxygen to survive. She is autonomous, while the embryo/fetus is not.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
But the woman doesn't depend on the embryo's/fetus' blood and oxygen to survive. She is autonomous, while the embryo/fetus is not.

Irrelevant. Every child depends on a parent or adult to survive. That doesn't dehumanize the child and it doesn't mean that the child should be treated dishonorably or disrespectfully.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BrotherKinsMan

a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Reproduction is a biological mechanism.

Same for all mammals.

God is a man made illusion to explain the unexplainable. Nothing more.

What we contribute to humanity in our endeavors is worth far beyond any reason to pump out a mini-me.

I SUPPORT LIVING CHILDREN.

I dare not ask what life even means to you...

I support living children.

Let me know when every LIVING child is cared for, sheltered, fed, educated, loved.

We do not need one more unwanted child pumped out just to say it was.

Unfortunately, this is a valid point. Not too good at preventing unwanted pregnancy in a community where sex and drugs and crime are rampant, but plenty good at circulating sex and drugs and crime in a community where children are frequently a direct result of that combination. Instead of promoting anti abortion policies maybe introduce anti conception policies and declare reproduction a privilege to be licensed and regulated just like owning a farm. We don't have the right to create life, it's not a mandatory and essential function of civics like employment and housing is. When privilege infringes on the welfare of the unborn and costs dignity or lives, privilege must be curtailed or revoked.

edit on 10-3-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Says who!?!?

We so too have the right to bear children!

What's the point of life otherwise?

Wouldn't last long anyway.

Not that it should.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The woman's body is not irrelevant, if it were, we wouldn't be having this discussion. The woman's body is not the embryo's/fetus' body. We've established that. The woman is an autonomous individual while the embryo/fetus is not.

The woman has no duty to an embryo/fetus to nurture, feed, and house it with her body until birth. Deciding not to carry and birth an embryo or a pre-viable fetus is her choice, because she is an autonomous individual. An embryo and/or a fetus is not.

edit on 3820242024k24America/Chicago2024-03-10T16:24:38-05:0004pm2024-03-10T16:24:38-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

Says who!?!?

We so too have the right to bear children!

What's the point of life otherwise?

Wouldn't last long anyway.

Not that it should.

The point of life in these United States is to prove you are a qualified and responsible citizen, and to reflect those values in your profession and your relationships. If you can't meet the criteria then no babies. This is a requisite for adoption, why not for reproduction? Have all the sex you want with whatever consenting adult will participate, but no babies. This "we have the right" argument you just attempted is conceited and entitled.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Reproduction is a biological mechanism.

Same for all mammals.

God is a man made illusion to explain the unexplainable. Nothing more.

What we contribute to humanity in our endeavors is worth far beyond any reason to pump out a mini-me.

I SUPPORT LIVING CHILDREN.

I dare not ask what life even means to you...

I support living children.

Let me know when every LIVING child is cared for, sheltered, fed, educated, loved.

We do not need one more unwanted child pumped out just to say it was.

Unfortunately, this is a valid point. Not too good at preventing unwanted pregnancy in a community where sex and drugs and crime are rampant, but plenty good at circulating sex and drugs and crime in a community where children are frequently a direct result of that combination. Instead of promoting anti abortion policies maybe introduce anti conception policies and declare reproduction a privilege to be licensed and regulated just like owning a farm. We don't have the right to create life, it's not a mandatory and essential function of civics like employment and housing is. When privilege infringes on the welfare of the unborn and costs dignity or lives, privilege must be curtailed or revoked.

We need to stop being stupid.

It is not a "Gift from God" -- reproduction is a biological mechanism to replace yourself. Everything "living" on earth is created to reproduce itself in some way.

I tell my kid: "You are an animal, a mammal to be specific." When all those hormones start going crazy in your body -- it is telling you to reproduce yourself -- to have babies.

This results in Lust -- you will be attracted to someone and want to have sex with them. It is because of the chemicals in your body telling you to make babies.

Lust is not Love. It may feel like it -- but it's not.

Love is a responsibility. It's when you find someone you share common interests with and want to build a life together. It takes work and planning. How do you want to live? Do you want to settle in a house/apt or travel? What is your career going to be?

Only after you fulfill these plans should you even think about reproducing yourself.

Also: Never stick the hoo hoo in the woo woo without a raincoat.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

As the late great Ron White said, you can't fix stupid. In lieu of such a silver bullet cure (not literally a bullet) which would undoubtedly be patented and promptly buried, I leave my previous argument as it stands. Perhaps it appears fascist but, think of the kids!

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   

As the late great Ron White said, you can't fix stupid. In lieu of such a silver bullet cure (not literally a bullet) which would undoubtedly be patented and promptly buried, I leave my previous argument as it stands. Perhaps it appears fascist but, think of the kids!

I do think of the kids. The LIVING ones

Been saying it for years here on ATS.

The world does not need one more unwanted child.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   

My friend if love feels heavy to you, I daresay you know not of it!

Love is light and sweet, don't you know?

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   

My friend if love feels heavy to you, I daresay you know not of it!

Love is light and sweet, don't you know?

It can be.

But Lust and Love and not the same thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I do think of the kids. The LIVING ones

Been saying it for years here on ATS.

The world does not need one more unwanted child.

Abortion is a controversial issue but it's not a strong argument for someone to say and accuse you of not caring about kids if you support abortion.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

I love the French!

Good for them.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
hell yea! Kill em all and let God sort em out!!

Cells are not an individual human that can survive on its own.

Seriously? Always one bringing religion into it.

I don't believe in religion or any of that BS.

Nobody has any right to tell a woman what she can do with her body...

How many unwanted children are you adopting and feeding?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: network dude
hell yea! Kill em all and let God sort em out!!

Cells are not an individual human that can survive on its own.

Seriously? Always one bringing religion into it.

I don't believe in religion or any of that BS.

Nobody has any right to tell a woman what she can do with her body...

How many unwanted children are you adopting and feeding?

I think too religion should not be part of the argument when discussing abortions but because religions have many followers, religious leaders and ordinary people will have a religious perspective. Many christians and muslims for example are either very skeptical or against abortions based on their religious views.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join