It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France makes abortion a constitutional right in historic vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

originally posted by: network dude
You have men foaming at the mouth over making sure women have the right to kill babies. Good for them.

At the same time, it's always men who are the loudest voices against abortion.

Interesting opinion.
How did you come to that conclusion?

I wondered the same thing... I always see pro abortion guys and lesbians who don't have sex with guys screaming the loudest about abortion rights. There was that one time several years back where a white dude put a gas can by an abortion clinic though, and that's all the media focused on to sell the idea that normal men screamed the loudest.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You have men foaming at the mouth over making sure women have the right to kill babies. Good for them.

Interesting opinion.

I wondered the same thing... I always see pro abortion guys and lesbians who don't have sex with guys screaming the loudest about abortion rights. There was that one time several years back where a white dude put a gas can by an abortion clinic though, and that's all the media focused on to sell the idea that normal men screamed the loudest.

The post is irrelevant.
Read my link from the BBC in the OP.
85% of the public supported the move.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Venkuish1

Indeed.

My two cents, a woman's body is her own concern.

And to think otherwise is rather arrogant in the extreme.

Jailing physicians/doctors who may assist in an abortion will only drive them underground leading to unsafe backroom terminations carried out by people who are less than medical health-trained professionals.

To be fair many of the US States have laws that are similar to the laws regarding abortion in Europe. But the problem is a good number of them have made it almost impossible for women to have an abortion and this will lead to the problems you mentioned. At least traveling to other States is still allowed (!) for the purpose of abortion.

How is that a problem? The people of each state voted for or against abortion as it should be. In France they voted for it and put it into law.

I am for voting like I said earlier but voting doesn't always take place. In France there has been an overwhelming support around 85% of the public in favour of the move.

That's correct, they voted in favor of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Interesting opinion.

The post is irrelevant.
Read my link from the BBC in the OP.
85% of the public supported the move.

This post was in reference to abortion in America.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Europe has always been ahead of America when it comes to sex.

Americans have this weird culture were they want to control sex. It's a strange blend of self righteousness and jealousy.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I always see pro abortion guys and lesbians who don't have sex with guys screaming the loudest about abortion rights.

Doesn't matter. It's the principle of it all. Like a person that supports the 2nd Amendment, doesn't personally want to own an AR-15, but rages at the concept of it not being an option, even an unused one.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

It's the principle of it all.

Exactly.
Murder is murder.
Btw, comparing the 2nd Amendment and ‘abortion rights’ is laughable.

France has been circling the drain for quite awhile.
This only speeds up the completed flush.
edit on 5-3-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: LSU2018

I always see pro abortion guys and lesbians who don't have sex with guys screaming the loudest about abortion rights.

Doesn't matter. It's the principle of it all. Like a person that supports the 2nd Amendment, doesn't personally want to own an AR-15, but rages at the concept of it not being an option, even an unused one.

It matters when a poster claims that pro-life men are the loudest about women's rights.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: network dude

Most votes end up being rather close. Meaning, a certain population wants control over their ability to goven their own reproductive systems.

You see it from the angle of its just killing babies. Most women see it as an act of having self autonomy. I'm not a woman, and I also don't want to control other people, so I tend to lean towards pro choice, most people I speak too about this subject tend to lean in that direction as well.

As for the sway in public opinion, I'm not sure that has much to do with it. There's not many pro choice campaigns swaying public opinion. I see tons of pro life campaigns tho.

I'm a monster, and I worry about the choice of the child, the one who can't make an impassioned speech about his/her right to exist. But if you kill them early enough, the little bastards can't say a damn thing about it. amirite

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It's the principle of it all.

Exactly.
Murder is murder.
Btw, comparing the 2nd Amendment and ‘abortion rights’ is laughable.

France has been circling the drain for quite awhile.
This only speeds up the completed flush.

Yep. Some people are for the irresponsible woman, some are for the innocent child.

Honestly it speaks volumes of where we are as a society today.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As long as there's doctors and surgeons, abortions are nothing more than just another medical procedure.
Unless you drag your morals into it. Which, is dependent on other people to follow.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: network dude

Most votes end up being rather close. Meaning, a certain population wants control over their ability to goven their own reproductive systems.

You see it from the angle of its just killing babies. Most women see it as an act of having self autonomy. I'm not a woman, and I also don't want to control other people, so I tend to lean towards pro choice, most people I speak too about this subject tend to lean in that direction as well.

As for the sway in public opinion, I'm not sure that has much to do with it. There's not many pro choice campaigns swaying public opinion. I see tons of pro life campaigns tho.

I'm a monster, and I worry about the choice of the child, the one who can't make an impassioned speech about his/her right to exist. But if you kill them early enough, the little bastards can't say a damn thing about it. amirite

Little bastards, little burdens... Same thing it would appear.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If there was such a referendum or constitutional amendment put on the national ballot right now, on the same ballot as this year's presidential race, it would overwhelmingly pass here, in the USA, too.

edit on 4020242024k59America/Chicago2024-03-05T09:59:40-06:0009am2024-03-05T09:59:40-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When you impose a law that is dependent on other people, it is not a right but a form of obligation, or slavery at the whim of the state.

LOL

You make your own bullets, do you? For your own homemade firearm, that you yourself made from hewn lumber and forged steel in your garage?

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When you impose a law that is dependent on other people, it is not a right but a form of obligation, or slavery at the whim of the state.

LOL

You make your own bullets, do you? For your own homemade firearm, that you yourself made from hewn lumber and forged steel in your garage?

I think it’s total BS that I have to purchase a gun just to exercise my 2A rights.
The government should give them to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Murder is Murder, except when you're a decorated sniper. Then it's your job (duty) and that's your target. And that was a fully developed, sentient human. With a pain reflex to the 5.56 bullet that just tore through its chest.

I compare it on principle.

Here I'll do it again.

A non-breeding (by choice or postmenopause) woman's right to an abortion is (in principle) is equal to a non-assault rifle owning citizens right to purchase that evil gun.

Granted, one is no longer enshrined as a federal right, but it is still in the minds of those that support it. Or fight to keep it enshrined by their state constitution. And that's why it's similar in principle.

The belief it's your right regardless of what newly made decisions may say. Similar anger too.

And many pro-choice woman are over 55, who are mostly no longer fertile, so it's the principle there to. They can't get pregnant anymore, but they lead the same marches they did in 1972.
edit on 5-3-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But does a woman have a right to anyone elses body?

Thats the real question...

Also ...

The french law has a 14 week limit....far from the "until it breaches the birth canal" ,as many leftists want and promote
edit on am320243110America/ChicagoTue, 05 Mar 2024 10:11:16 -0600_3000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Murder is Murder, except when your a decorated sniper. Then it's a job and that's your target. And that was a fully developed, sentient human. With a pain reflex to the 5.56 bullet that just tore through its chest. I compare it on principle.

You’re trying to compare a man defending himself with a gun in a war to a woman killing an innocent baby?
So much for principles and that wide open window to throw them out of.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

If there was such a referendum or constitutional amendment put on the national ballot right now, on the same ballot as this year's presidential race, it would overwhelmingly pass here, in the USA, too.

Well, there's a reason the president isn't chosen by popular vote. Nobody with any sense wants CA and NY deciding elections for everyone else. Abortion was put to a vote just like it should have been.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And many pro-choice woman are over 55, who are no longer fertile, so it's the principle there to.

Women 55 and up are massively pro life compared to the 54 and below age bracket.
35-54 ages show 54% pro abortion, 43% pro life
55+ ages show 43% pro abortion, 52% pro life
news.gallup.com...
That’s quite a difference.
Wisdom with age?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join