It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second strike on YT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yes, I am at fault. I said a naughty word. Twice in 4 weeks. My own fault. I just didn't know that there is a three strike then out. Worst. Three strikes on one platform and you are not just banned from there, but from Google in total.
Yes, they can do whatever they want [or not, as I will explain] as apparently I'm getting it all for free.

Now. I don't actually get anything for free, nothing is free. They get my photos from Google photos so they can use them in their bad AI. They get content and upvotes and all sorts. So no, it's not free. If they say it is, than I am their product.

Also any company can totally do and ban anyone they like. If they are a baker and I can go somewhere else. If they are a website that doesn't like me. Sure. Ban and cancel anyone you like.

But Google isn't just some shop with alternatives. It is a monopoly which has all my important data and if I am banned from all of it forever for saying a bad word, my online life will look very different and I will have lost everything I photographed or written, all my important emails and other links to humans I know...

In theory at least. I am old school and have most data on my laptop in Windows. I only joined G Photos about a month ago. Still, they are kind of an official institution by now and not just one shop or website.

Therefore I think if I ever get banned [one more strike, even if it is accidental or maybe even a glitch and I am out] that it would be a massive overreaction to a word.
Yes I've learned my ways, I was silly, oh great leaders, it won't happen again [at least not deliberately]. But I am now living on the edge. Any data glitch and I could lose it all [well no, I have started to download it all].

I am very angry about this. Yes ban me from YT, go ahead, I don't care. I deserve it if I say the word again. But to ban anyone from the whole of Google, knowing how much people are entangled in it is waaaaaaay over the top as a -reaction- punishment.

It's a punishment isn't it? I said a naughty word, which may offend some. So I must lose everything I accumulated in over 15 years. Yup, I won't say that again in a hurry, at Ieast not on anything to do with google. I felt kind of safe with them even when I messed up. After all, Google is so widespread and we often have not much choice. It's entangled in all my stuff on my mobile phone and many things on my computer.

I believe strongly that in a case like this an outright ban on everything for a faux pas on ONE single service is a gross overreaction and kind of scary.

I didn't ask for violence, I didn't favour trrorsts, I didn't make threats. Like some on YT, who are all still going. No, I used a [now] offensive word twice [like an idiot, I know] and no, it wasn't even the N word. It was the T word.

Google has grown too big for their shoes. What if an elderly person loses all, heir doctors emails or insurances etc? This can lead to very dire situations. For what? Murder? Blackmail? Inciting violence?

Nope. A WORD they only deemed recently bad.

We truly live in times I feared as a child, living close to the E-German border. I feared this. And now it's here. Words can now destroy all your hard work, contacts and important safety details. Way to go.🤬

I want away from google. But it's frigging everywhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

So....what word was it that got you a strike?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

So....what word was it that got you a strike?

The T-word?….I don’t know

I am curious myself because I don’t think there is 1 derogatory word that I haven’t heard on YouTube.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Incrementally, they WILL install a western version of the Social Credit Score system, in my opinion. Imagine if it includes things we've already said/done? Since the advent of social media in general, the amount of information they have compiled about anyone who uses the internet, must be astounding. I think we're in deep trouble...

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hehe. The T-word as in the alphabet people's T. You know LBGT

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This seems awful lot like some power tripping control tactic , no it wouldn't be , would it ?

Golly, people will line up to kiss the allmighty Google feet , in order to be able to eat that week

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You say you are at fault. Indeed, you may be, maybe even more than you wish to admit. Maybe we all are. Maybe you are overly engaging in a system that is at it's core inhuman. Maybe we all are.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

T-Rex was a naughty boy.... You shouldn't use the T word..

So?
Is this similar to those banned ats accounts venting on redit about how corrupted the mods are?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Whats a 'YT'??

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's a you tube, apparently somone got banned across all google platforms for creating hateful content on the YT. I guess we're supposed to cheer him up because you know how he stuck it to the man...
edit on 1-3-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
You say you are at fault. Indeed, you may be, maybe even more than you wish to admit. Maybe we all are. Maybe you are overly engaging in a system that is at it's core inhuman. Maybe we all are.

I didn't do anything else. It was that one word. I am certainly overengaging. But that stops today. They won.
edit on 1-3-2024 by Hecate666 because: pjp

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's a you tube, apparently somone got banned across all google platforms for creating hateful content on the YT. I guess we're supposed to cheer him up because you know how he stuck it to the man...

Do you mean me as 'someone'? Also I am female. Always have been.
You also didn't read my post.
I see a pattern here. It's certain people who don't read posts but skim over them, take in the words they want and then spout rubbish.

Again. Please read my post slowly and try to understand the meaning of my sentences, before you actually write untruths. Thank you.
edit on 1-3-2024 by Hecate666 because: clarification

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Whats a 'YT'??

Sorry, it means YouTube.
Should have put it in the title. See if I can still change it.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I am amazed how some here are always on the side of being observed, forced and cancelled. It's almost as if they crave an authority to tell them what they can and can't do.
It is the ones who support the left. I am not surprised.

I am asking anyone who is left, do you really agree that it is fair to over punish? If you can bother to read my OP, where I explained everything, you'd realise that I am not yet banned. That they managed to successfully scare me enough for me to bow down and grovel. I do not expect anyone to cheer me on for this. Quite the opposite actually.

Do you agree that it is weird that anyone who is on your agenda can say whatever they like on YT, even if it is highly offensive? I have heard hate speech and threats from leftists. It's all still there.

I said mea culpa, I said I will obey from now on, but not because it's right, but because I have not many alternatives. I do it because I can't yet afford their punishment. This hard handed approach works only on the surface though.

Deep down I despise it and will be off chrome and everything related sooner rather than later. I am working on it. I am nobodies bootlicker, even if it seems like it for now.

That's what you want isn't it? Doesn't matter if I hate the dear leader, as long as I pretend I do, you feel good. Very shaky foundation that is. Easy crumbled.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

I didn't do anything else. It was that one word. I am certainly overengaging. But that stops today. They won.

Just change your google email to another email (non-google) account , also transfer all data or download .
The system is set up to be corruptable and abused by those in 'power'. But they only have as much power as we allow them.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I am amazed how some here are always on the side of being observed, forced and cancelled. It's almost as if they crave an authority to tell them what they can and can't do.
It is the ones who support the left. I am not surprised.

I am asking anyone who is left, do you really agree that it is fair to over punish? If you can bother to read my OP, where I explained everything, you'd realise that I am not yet banned. That they managed to successfully scare me enough for me to bow down and grovel. I do not expect anyone to cheer me on for this. Quite the opposite actually.

Do you agree that it is weird that anyone who is on your agenda can say whatever they like on YT, even if it is highly offensive? I have heard hate speech and threats from leftists. It's all still there.

I said mea culpa, I said I will obey from now on, but not because it's right, but because I have not many alternatives. I do it because I can't yet afford their punishment. This hard handed approach works only on the surface though.

Deep down I despise it and will be off chrome and everything related sooner rather than later. I am working on it. I am nobodies bootlicker, even if it seems like it for now.

That's what you want isn't it? Doesn't matter if I hate the dear leader, as long as I pretend I do, you feel good. Very shaky foundation that is. Easy crumbled.

I know and agree with you 100%. This will only get worse from here. NK didn't become NK and as it is today overnight. That's generations of being brainwashed to grovel down to 'dear leader' or they don't eat that week or have loved ones hurt. No different than being run by crimimal gangs ( so called government).

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Your rant is heard.

Let's just take a step back, and look.

Are all of these big-tech giants really just independent start-ups, from plucky guys working in their garage ?
Just look at the roles they play now : social policing, MIC servicing, etc ...

What if every one them is constructed from the ground-up, to fill exactly these roles, and their leaders were selected, and groomed, right from the start ?

How would we know the difference ?

Another thing is observing that there are some who get-away with anything, and others get punished for nothing.
Are there not many troll-farms, and thousands of trolls working media worldwide ?
What if they get-away with provocation, because that's actually their job ?

Larken Rose explains our relationship with the state, and all of it's tentacles :

Larken Rose The Jones Plantation

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I think there can be a certain peace in that knowledge. I know that this is not a popular response to these larger issues but, damn, it is what it is. And like ''The Rock'' has been known to say, '' “Know your role and shut your mouth.”

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Not sure why you think that I didn't read your post...

I read that the relationship with Google, you willingly put yourself into, has turned out to be toxic... Shocker

How could you not have seen that coming?
after all, being here kind of implies you are remotely aware of the schemes played behind the curtain...
gullible doesn't make martyrs, but let's all be a little more aware of the world we life in now.

Feeling better now?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You were given the right to expression at birth.

Who are they to claim to allow given rights to speech?

On who's authority do they impose such things!?

You should consider the type of person who exhibits this behavior and consider the dangers in regards to their power.

All I'm saying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join