It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT! surrendering Ukrainian 9 soldiers were executed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They are pushing this as Russian soldiers execute Ukrainian soldiers.
twitter.com...

But if you look at the video you can see that they are taking them prisoner.
Russian soldiers one above one below two to the left.
Not good for the Russian. as a lot of Cross Fire.
That was a mistake.

Goto 28 mins at 31mins you see a Ukrainian soldiers
quickly jump up and reach for his vest for some thing.
at the SAME time "Very quick" the Russian soldiers
left side bottom lifts his rifle and shoots.

If you have been in the armed forces you will
know he was going for a grenade or bomb.
Would You have shot him? or maybe his moblie phone was ringing?

This trigers the Russian machine gunner who shoots them all but one.
almost shooting the Russian soldiers right side bottom.
Scares the S%^& out of Him! and in fear,
mostly adrenaline He shoots the last one
in the trench and the others again.

I am asking Soldiers would You have done the same?
I know I would have.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost

I am asking Soldiers would You have done the same?
I know I would have.

Are you asking as a soldier of an invading army, or as a soldier of an army defending their homeland? Or are you thinking this is a legal war and all is "fair" in war?

(post by Scratchpost removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   
originally posted by: Scratchpost

I'm someone who finds it appalling that you would ask ATS military veterans to compare how they would kill the soldiers defending their country that you were trying to destroy and take, as if it were a video game level strategy.

edit on 5120242024k24America/Chicago2024-02-25T18:24:51-06:0006pm2024-02-25T18:24:51-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
originally posted by: Scratchpost

I'm someone who finds it appalling that you would ask ATS military veterans to compare how they would kill the soldiers defending their country that you were trying to destroy and take, as if it were a video game level strategy.

False analogy.

The OP was asking if any other combat vets wouldn't do the same thing in the same situation.

As a Military Vet, I see no problem with the question.

Thanks for being "appalled" for me, because all I've ever wanted was someone to feel things for me.

And I don't know my answer yet because I have not watched the clip.

Judging by your response time, you have not either.

When did you serve, again?

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Can't call it based on the crappy video, the pullback of the camera when things get interesting... we have no idea what was being said I wasn't in the situation.

~Gunner took down the majority of them when they were on their stomachs or with their hands up.

AFTER the one reached into his vest and was shot.

And about killed a Comrade to boot.

Just based on the video, the Russians here were in the wrong.

But there is WHOLE lot we don't know about the situation.

So my opinion kinda has to be inconclusive.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The OP was asking if any other combat vets wouldn't do the same thing in the same situation.

The same situation as the Russian soldiers, who had no internationally legal business being there in the first place, murdering Ukrainian soldiers who were there to protect their country and countrymen, their way of life, etc.

Great! Maybe you can get a side gig as a mercenary! I hear Putin is hiring.

... That is, after you watch the clip of Russian soldiers murdering Ukrainian solders, to determine of those were good kills, or not, and then posting your critique, of course.

edit on 5120242024k48America/Chicago2024-02-25T18:48:51-06:0006pm2024-02-25T18:48:51-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The same situation as the Russian soldiers, who had no internationally legal business being there in the first place, murdering Ukrainian soldiers who were there to protect their country and countrymen, their way of life, etc.

Great! Maybe you can get a side gig as a mercenary! I hear Putin is hiring.

... That is, after you watch the clip of Russian soldiers murdering Ukrainian solders, to determine of those were good kills, or not, and then posting your critique, of course.

Weird... you're still talking.

You may want to get a book on self-awareness and go through it.

Not that you would understand the big words, but it would be a start.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You've asked for reasoning in this circumstance. And with good intentions. Perplexing for me and brings back some memories.

Neutralize a threat by all means. Hesitate and you're left for dead in this situ.

Who knows what these soldiers were going through at the time. Damp, cold trenches. Crap happening all around you. Too scared to sleep. Maybe, on both sides, not knowing what you are fighting for. Just mindlessly defending or attacking an enemy that not only dresses like you, talks like you but is perhaps in the same mindset.

And that's just in your mind. What about the man or men purportedly holding your six. He loses it or sees something. Starts shooting. So you follow through. No more threat. (perhaps just yer mate that had yer back). You trust your fellow soldiers judgement at that time, no questions asked.

Difficult to answer as I don't know what mindset I would feel in the vid depicted. Survival would be paramount.

Thinking on it. If I was attacking or defending, the mission would be clear. Self preservation kicks in. Eliminate the enemy if the situation is precarious. If not then sure take and secure surrendering prisoners.

My thoughts and perhaps more.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Exactly... if you are not there then how can you tell?

I remember debriefs where 6 people in the event told me 6 completely different things.

It is impossible to armchair quarterback the scenario afterwards.

So... inconclusive, for me...

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Guess I hit a nerve, 'cuz, you're still talking to me.

LOL, Rich!
Wear that uniform with pride girl, who cares whose emblem is on your shoulder, as long as it's a good kill.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Guess I hit a nerve, 'cuz, you're still talking to me.

LOL, Rich!
Wear that uniform with pride girl, who cares whose emblem is on your shoulder, as long as it's a good kill.

Weird...

You're still talking.

You are not a Vet and cannot answer the question posed by the OP because... you're not a Vet.

Why are you still talking?

~Puzzled~

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I know mate, been to court several times giving evidence from my perspective but not collaborating others at or in the same situ.

Different perspectives, different mindsets.

Putting it out there, simply look at the later stages of "Saving Private Ryan". Perhaps a poor analogy but the story is a mixture of experiences by those veterans even to the point of shooting the surrendering opposing army.

And this is history throughout.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You are not a Vet and cannot answer the question posed by the OP because... you're not a Vet.

No. That's not why. I can't answer because won't be watching a 'snuff films' of Ukranian soldiers being murdered by Russian soldiers. I don't find it exhilarating to zoom in on the details of the kills to discuss who did it best, in Putin's illegal war.

But hey, stay classy Lumi!

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I know mate, been to court several times giving evidence from my perspective but not collaborating others at or in the same situ.

Different perspectives, different mindsets.

Putting it out there, simply look at the later stages of "Saving Private Ryan". Perhaps a poor analogy but the story is a mixture of experiences by those veterans even to the point of shooting the surrendering opposing army.

And this is history throughout.

Kind regards,

Bally

It is actually a rather good analogy.

Fog of war and all that...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No. That's not why. I can't answer because won't be watching a 'snuff films' of Ukranian soldiers being murdered by Russian soldiers. I don't find it exhilarating to zoom in on the details of the kills to discuss who did it best, in Putin's illegal war.

~sigh~

I'ma try this one more time...

The OP was asking ATS Vets about their opinion.

You bust in like some internet Karen trying to gatekeep the subject but can't actually answer the question yourself because you are not qualified to do it.

If what you are yearning for is the last word, please reply to this post and I guarantee I will not answer it.

Christ Wept... don't you have some Dollar Store employee to terrorize instead?

Have a wonderful night dear.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

~sigh~

You bust in like some internet Karen trying to gatekeep the subject but can't actually answer the question yourself because you are not qualified to do it.

If what you are yearning for is the last word, please reply to this post and I guarantee I will not answer it.

I would certainly like to hear ATS Vets view on this post. There's nothing like being in the situation and an explanation.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Suddenly, veterans don't matter....

How odd...

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: Lumenari

~sigh~

I would certainly like to hear ATS Vets view on this post. There's nothing like being in the situation and an explanation.

Kind regards,

Bally

I would as well because I would be interested in the responses.

We have Vets from most of the planet on here.

Let's see where it goes.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Gotta admire your tenacity.

That's not why. It's because I find it appalling, and in very poor taste, for ATS, war veterans or Call of Duty enthusiasts alike, to be viewing and discussing the equivilent of a Russian snuff video, as to whether or not these Russian soldiers properly murdered these Ukrainian soldiers, our allies, who were protecting their country, their countrymen/women and their way of life on their own soverighn soil.

Okie dokie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join