It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Brandon symbol of the Democratic Party's campaign for Biden

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Oh I'm sure the world has more jokes about Trump than Biden.
If you don't believe that then you may be somewhat in your own world.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

Oh the irony.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

But when I see this meme it has always bespoke of evil to me. Is that just me?

Yes. Be afraid, be very afraid of DARK BRANDON

Mwa hahahahaha

He's NOT the nice, sympathetic elderly man, with a poor memory that everybody thinks he is! He's a grudge holding, taking names and kicking ass, SUPER HERO!

edit on 5620242024k46America/Chicago2024-02-17T11:46:56-06:0011am2024-02-17T11:46:56-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Mwa hahahahaha

He's NOT the nice, sympathetic elderly man, with a poor memory that everybody thinks he is! He's a grudge holding, taking names and kicking ass, SUPER HERO!

Yeah , that Joe is Some " Super Hero " . Takes After his Master I hear ..Lowered Expectations Much ?

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It's funny because the man could wear a pride rainbow swastika on his sleeve and MSNBC would applaud him for turning the tables and giving the evil white cishet population what they deserve. He represents karmageddon for the mentally deficient, reactionary armchair pundits who thrive on hypocrisy and memes so that's what the media gives them. They (target consumers) don't perceive irony because that would require a firm grasp of facts and theirs is limp at best.

If you still don't get it, don't sweat it. Memeology is just liberal arts by another name.

edit on 17-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Just make sure Trump doesn’t give you another mental breakdown, last time you had to take a 6 month leave from here because Trump gave you a mental breakdown. At least that’s what you were telling everyone . Just try to not get to upset again, it’s not worth it . Trust me .
edit on 17-2-2024 by Lovelyldy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Mwa hahahahaha

You know how trump keeps telling audiences that he isn't really the target, he's just in the way? Biden is the same. He's a useful marionette, a lure on the end of the line but not to be confused with the fishing instrument itself nor the hand holding it. He's merely in the way.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Dark Brandon is making fun of the smooth brains that flipped out about Biden doing a speech in front of a red backdrop. There was an extensive thread about it here.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Mwa hahahahaha

You know how trump keeps telling audiences that he isn't really the target, he's just in the way? Biden is the same. He's a useful marionette, a lure on the end of the line but not to be confused with the fishing instrument itself nor the hand holding it. He's merely in the way.

Except, Trump really is the target. No question about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It's funny because the man could wear a pride rainbow swastika on his sleeve and NBC would applaud him for turning the tables and giving the evil white cishet population what they deserve. He represents karmageddon for the mentally deficient, reactionary armchair pundits who thrive on hypocrisy and memes so that's what the media gives them. They (target consumers) don't perceive irony because that would require a firm grasp of facts and theirs is limp at best.

If you still don't get it, don't sweat it. Memeology is just liberal arts by another name.

..But that's enough aboot Canada.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I don't think you get it.
The left does find it funny just as they find the mug shot funny.
You just like to add a little fizz to it when it just isn't that complicated.
Biden was pissing you off so a meme was created. And it really gets under the rights skin. Good, as it was intended to do.
The mug shot is not a meme.....it is a mug shot....no meme needed.
And if you think a mug shot is a symbol of anything besides what a criminal looks like then that's on you.
Still looks like a criminal to me and that mug shot didn't change that.
So are you sure you get it?

I'm quite sure you do t get it, and your precious polls would agree.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Mwa hahahahaha

Except, Trump really is the target. No question about it.

No, the united states constitution is the target. And who does the constitution protect?

edit on 17-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie
I am puzzled at the very popular Dark Brandon meme among Democrats.

"Popular"? Not as much as you might think.

I know it was started as satire, playing on the "let's go brandon" of the 2020 election cycle. people.com...

I know it was intended to portray him as a super hero to those who are immersed in the super hero culture. techcrunch.com...

I know it is intended to bring in young people, in particular mostly men who won't miss a single superhero movie, those who read every comic book they can get their hands on. slate.com...

Eh, not so much. Appeals to older Democrats because of the sheer humor... Trump supporters calling someone names; a person who then takes the name and adopts it, and completely removes the ability of that original name-calling to make an impact.

I realize all of that. But when I see this meme it has always bespoke of evil to me. Is that just me? Or is portraying yourself as a "super person" really appealing to the younger people who want a strong daddy figure to rule the nation sitting on a throne of swords that would kill all opposition?

Honest question: why didn't the NFT's that Trump himself put out, portraying himself as all sorts of iconic heroes including a superhero cause you concern?

You've got degrees in education and I'm sure you've read up on effective strategies for students and teachers when there's bullying/aggressively negative attacks on someone. Defusing with humor is considered one of the best strategies (see Norrick, Neal R., and Alice Spitz. "Humor as a resource for mitigating conflict in interaction." Journal of pragmatics 40.10 (2008): 1661-1686, and Crawford, Chris B. "Theory and implications regarding the utilization of strategic humor by leaders." Journal of Leadership Studies 1.4 (1994): 53-68. and an oldie-but-goodie Meyer, John. "Ronald Reagan and humor: A politician's velvet weapon." Communication Studies 41.1 (1990): 76-88.)

It's SOP for many politicians and commentators (Molly Ivins was brilliant at it.)

I understand that it's not to your taste; Trump humorous memes aren't to my taste, either. But something being "not to my taste" is not a sign that it's possibly demonic or dark forces or tactics by foreign governments. Humor-not-to-your-taste shouldn't be a metric of the godliness of something you don't like.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie

Does anyone else find these major advertising strategies a little creepy and uncomfortable. Even if I weren't a conservative, which you all know I am, I'd find these major themes of the 2024 election to be disturbing in the message behind them that non cartoon geeks are seeing. www.theguardian.com...

This article is from a far left liberal publication and it says what I am saying: www.salon.com...

Isn't the left supposed to the the inventive, artistic, talented, Disney magic kind of people? Is there really something in the water as they all have lost it all and can only make remakes by swapping out the lead and replacing it with some woke ideology? They then think they made something new...geez

So now we have Dark Brandon which is a knockoff of what the Right called Darth Sidious after his cringy speech, so they made a cheezy Dark Brandon in response, and that my friends is Disney Magic today for you.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Eh, not so much. Appeals to older Democrats because of the sheer humor... Trump supporters calling someone names; a person who then takes the name and adopts it, and completely removes the ability of that original name-calling to make an impact.

I really think you missed the real humor in how the whole "Let's Go Brandon" came about. It wasn't something just pulled out of someone's butt like Dark Brandon was. Everyone was chanting F you Biden and he and other liberals thought they were saying "Let's Go Brandon" for the car racer Brandon Brown. So now the hilarious part is that people meme Let's Go Brandon" to really say F U Biden.

Come on, if all that isn't funny I do not know what is...

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I really think you missed the real humor in how the whole "Let's Go Brandon" came about. It wasn't something just pulled out of someone's butt like Dark Brandon was. Everyone was chanting F you Biden and he and other liberals thought they were saying "Let's Go Brandon" for the car racer Brandon Brown. So now the hilarious part is that people meme Let's Go Brandon" to really say F U Biden.

Actually, I was very aware of how it came about. And no, liberals didn't think it was "let's go Brandon"... the interviewer was trying to deflect/not say the F-word on tv. She deliberately misheard it.

...and I don't think the announcer's liberal. Could be, but I don't know and never inquired.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
THINK

YOU know Better than That

If you use shorthand like “MSM” to stop people from believing in all journalism, you’re helping highly-paid political consultants paint more than 65,000 news workers across the country — including perhaps your own relatives — with the same brush. You’re smarter than that.

May the BEST man win

have FAITH

edit on 17-2-2024 by MetalThunder because: NOt SHY

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Biden has an unpaid army of media people and college kids out there spinning and meming etc.
they are frustrated cuz their current Leeder is senile and shaky, a poor comparison to the dynamic and charismatic Donald.
they are propping him up best they can (hence the Weekend with Bernie stuff).

would be fun to see them debate, even with the inevitable biased moderator, but I doubt the dems will let that happen.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Law of Power #44. Disarm and Infuriate With the Mirror Effect. By mirroring your opponents and doing exactly as they do, you humiliate them and cause them to overreact.

It's like a refined mirror effect where instead of mirroring it, you embrace it and defuse it by not caring what people say. "Yes! I am evil and I control the Super Bowl with Taylor Swift."

Like when everyone was convinced Lady Gaga was a man until she started mocking them for thinking that.

That's all I see here. His detractors think he's a dark antichrist character, and he is not going to convince them otherwise, so he just pivoted to a viral strategy to get the votes of the all-important 18-45 heathen demographic.

He's trolling "right wing conspiracy" in the hope his opponents will stop using it against him IMO.
edit on 17-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I saw that live and was ROFLMAO 🤣. FJB

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join