It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Brandon symbol of the Democratic Party's campaign for Biden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am puzzled at the very popular Dark Brandon meme among Democrats.

I know it was started as satire, playing on the "let's go brandon" of the 2020 election cycle. people.com...

I know it was intended to portray him as a super hero to those who are immersed in the super hero culture. techcrunch.com...

I know it is intended to bring in young people, in particular mostly men who won't miss a single superhero movie, those who read every comic book they can get their hands on. slate.com...

I realize all of that. But when I see this meme it has always bespoke of evil to me. Is that just me? Or is portraying yourself as a "super person" really appealing to the younger people who want a strong daddy figure to rule the nation sitting on a throne of swords that would kill all opposition?

I find it truly disturbing for our nation that a political party has latched onto this meme as representative of what and who they are and their leader who represents them all, is truly about. www.cbsnews.com...

It is quite clear that this is the face of Joe Biden the Democrats see as a winning strategy. Could it be because his real personage frequently has a blank look, could it be that his real body is that of someone in their mid-80's? They see his true self as weak and so are replacing his true self with a cartoon image? Isn't this dangerous?

I know some of you will say, lighten up, it's just a cartoon. No, it is out in public as a representative of what the Democratic Party and Biden himself stand for. Not to save the world/US but to rule the US, is what I and others who are not immersed in the cartoon culture see.

Is it really funny to portray him as a superhero who sits on a throne ruling the world? It is really the image of who the Democrats aim to be? Well, maybe since they are also running on "Save Democracy, vote Blue or vote away the GOP" In effect saying a single party nation run by only one point of view is necessary to save democracy in the US. They are saying with these memes and buttons something I find terrifying. That the White House belongs to the liberals and only they are fit to rule over the masses and save the nation by being on the iron throne in the White House. The popular button below says: The White House is OUR House, Vote Biden/Harris, Save our Democracy".

There is another popular meme out now on the superhero theme, this one even more disturbing than the others. This one is particularly disturbing because it really looks like Biden and says even more to me if not to liberals.

I have found the entire campaign strategy to be creepy and quite disturbing. Not funny at all.
It's ok if you decide to mock me and say I don't get it. Because I don't get it. I don't get the strategy of happily portraying themselves this way and seeing it as something that will appeal to the masses. Even those of us who aren't superhero geeks.

Does anyone else find these major advertising strategies a little creepy and uncomfortable. Even if I weren't a conservative, which you all know I am, I'd find these major themes of the 2024 election to be disturbing in the message behind them that non cartoon geeks are seeing. www.theguardian.com...

This article is from a far left liberal publication and it says what I am saying: www.salon.com...

edit on 2/17/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

Has it ever crossed your mind that those memes are solely meant to troll simple people that claimed he was appointed by God?
If that statement had never been made then those memes wouldn't exist.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

Has it ever crossed your mind that those memes are solely meant to troll simple people that claimed he was appointed by God?
If that statement had never been made then those memes wouldn't exist.

If the Democrats are openly and with great glee trolling the American voter as you say -

what does that say about their integrity and willingness to troll the American people -

as a political party who controls much of the nation through elected office?

What does this trolling as you call it, say about their willingness to purposely agitate the people and timbre of the nation for their own political power and gain? Is it ethical to purposely incite division, distrust and even to imply that anyone who opposes them is evil, as all opposition to superheros is portrayed in the cartoon world.

edit on 2/17/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: addition

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Still haven’t seen any of these memes as huge flags flying on people’s vehicles or house.

Seems pretty mild so far in the grand scope of things.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Wow, you missed the point by a mile. The meme was meant to show Joe as an evil tyrant. There is no such thing as a positive Joe Biden meme lmao.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I don't know.....Why did Trump go out of his way to piss off everyone that didn't agree with him?
Seems childish right?
If you think that shows what America is all about I guess you forgot we had a potus that bragged about having the power to grab kittens when he wants because, why not I guess.
And yet you are upset about memes......Oy vey

edit on 17-2-2024 by Allaroundya4k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Boogerpicker

Joe Biden’s Twitter account leaned into it though and tweeted the picture of him with laser eyes with the caption “just like we drew it up”… seemingly joking about the Swift/left involvement in the Super Bowl win.

So while the memes of dark Brandon were originally meant to make him look evil, it looks like the left is playing into it.

Similar to the right using the mugshot for lols instead of acting like it was a huge blow.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Still haven’t seen any of these memes as huge flags flying on people’s vehicles or house.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Dark Brandon flag on a Prius.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm looking forward to seeing a Dark Brandon flag on a Prius.

Maybe even the livery on Swift’s jet.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Along with the Lombardi Trophy she just won.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Along with the Lombardi Trophy she just won.

That’d make for the perfect cover on Madden 25’
edit on 17-2-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Boogerpicker

Joe Biden’s Twitter account leaned into it though and tweeted the picture of him with laser eyes with the caption “just like we drew it up”… seemingly joking about the Swift/left involvement in the Super Bowl win.

So while the memes of dark Brandon were originally meant to make him look evil, it looks like the left is playing into it.

Similar to the right using the mugshot for lols instead of acting like it was a huge blow.

Distinct difference in the 2 cases. "The left can't meme" has deeper implications than you'd immediately assume.

In this particular case however, the right uses Trump's mugshot as a symbol of a man who's clearly the populist candidate and had a presidency which was prosperous for the U.S. who is now being unfairly prosecuted by the corrupt system. An actual hero.

The roots of the Brandon meme are exemplary of the crooked media covering up for a crooked establishment politician. The crowd chant of "F-- Joe Biden!" was sanitized dishonestly in a weak attempt to deflect the crowd's sentiment. The actual villain.

And they're going to wear that as a badge?

They don't get it.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I don’t think either are running a smart campaign, nor have any of my interests in mind.

I’m merely stating my observations as someone who doesn’t care about either.

Ones his own worst enemy and the other is being weekended at Bernie’s.

It’s a meme election, so the presence of the memes are of no surprise to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I don't think you get it.
The left does find it funny just as they find the mug shot funny.
You just like to add a little fizz to it when it just isn't that complicated.
Biden was pissing you off so a meme was created. And it really gets under the rights skin. Good, as it was intended to do.
The mug shot is not a meme.....it is a mug shot....no meme needed.
And if you think a mug shot is a symbol of anything besides what a criminal looks like then that's on you.
Still looks like a criminal to me and that mug shot didn't change that.
So are you sure you get it?

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

I'm holding out for 'Dark Trump'.

I mean he'd have to go to Sephora and change his bronzer but it would be a good way to counter Biden.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That would've been a NFT I would waste money on.
I'm surprised that the Trump team didn't capitalize on such an idea.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

And if you think a mug shot is a symbol of anything besides what a criminal looks like then that's on you.

🤣 you've just proven my point in real time. You don't get it.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Congratulations
You just earned a hole punch on your Trumpolastic card!
Another 4 more and you get a tootsie pop!!!
When you're done with that be sure to let us know how many licks it took ya!

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Not to worry. Joe screws up the Dark Brandon persona every time he steps up to a microphone. It's not much of a campaign strategy when your guy can't stay in character and is a joke throughout the world.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

🤣 you've just proven my point in real time. You don't get it.

And they never will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join