It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian activist and Putin critic Alexei Navalny dies in prison

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There's nothing odd about the timing. I read/saw not that long ago, sure it was on GBNews about 3-4 weeks ago that Navalny was on hunger strike.
Make of that what you will.
Oh, here we go...

MOSCOW, Feb 16 (Reuters) - Russia's most prominent opposition leader Alexei Navalny collapsed and died on Friday after a walk at the "Polar Wolf" Arctic penal colony where he was serving a long jail term, the Russian prison service said.

From Reuters
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Threadbarer

Rather than jumping to conspiracy theories one has to take note that men do die pretty young in Russia. It's an unhealthy society for males.

I’ll be curious to see the info as it comes out.

But I think it’s following trends more than jumping to conclusions considering he’s previously been poisoned.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ukrainian Telegram with 10,000+ subscribers are now celebrating Navalny death.

Navalny was a Russian Nationalist.

Of course he is hated by other many Ukrainian Nationalists.

Timing is a bit odd.

Anyone know the exact cause of death yet?

edit on 16-2-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Everything from wars to the weather gets blamed on Putin. When proof is out there then yes Putin is guilty. Until then we just don't know

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hunger strikes can certainly turn fatal.
Avg. time to die of starvation is 3-4 months.
edit on 16-2-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Rather than jumping to conspiracy theories one has to take note that men do die pretty young in Russia. It's an unhealthy society for males.

But I think it’s following trends more than jumping to conclusions considering he’s previously been poisoned.

But was he previously poisoned? Who knows the truth coming from our MSM. Lets check the facts then draw a conclusion

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Everything from wars to the weather gets blamed on Putin.

Probably because he's a de facto dictator with a proven track record of eliminating all opposition to him.....and he's a complete twat.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Problem is information is controlled by the Kremlin so I doubt we will ever know the real cause of death , The Kremlin will probably give the cause as natural causes , heart attack perhaps.

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Probably because he's a de facto dictator with a proven track record of eliminating all opposition to him.....and he's a complete twat.

Did you take a look how Ukrainian nationalists are now celebrating Navalny’s death?

It’s not a secret he was hated by Ukrainian nationalists.

edit on 16-2-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

But was he previously poisoned?

Yes according to the German doctors who treated him.

Alexei Navalny, the Russian opposition leader and prominent Kremlin critic, was poisoned, according to a statement from a hospital in Berlin on Monday.

“The specific substance is not yet known,” the Charité hospital said, but it is thought to be a cholinesterase inhibitor — a group that affects the central nervous system, and includes nerve agents and pesticides. Navalny “is in an intensive care unit and is still in a coma,” the statement added, “but there is currently no acute danger to his life.”

Navalny’s spokesperson Kira Yarmysh wrote in a tweet, “The poisoning of Navalny is no longer a hypothesis, but a fact.”
www.politico.eu...

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But was he previously poisoned? Who knows the truth coming from our MSM. Lets check the facts then draw a conclusion

Do you have any facts to support them faking his coma, or the German Hospital Staff fabricating the results of their tests?

I’m all for questioning things, but if you’re just hypothetically saying it could all be a lie, than I’d say the amount of evidence supporting he was poisoned outweighs you just saying “but western MSM”.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Navalny was deliberately brought to a state of near death that it makes no difference. it was always Putin's intention that he should die, like all the other opposition figures Putin threw into prison after his goons failed to murder them. Let's not get distracted from that with a debate on exactly how he died, murder is the system which has been used all the years Putin has been in power .

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Navalny was deliberately brought to a state of near death that it makes no difference. it was always Putin's intention that he should die, like all the other opposition figures Putin threw into prison after his goons failed to murder them. Let's not get distracted from that with a debate on exactly how he died, murder is the system which has been used all the years Putin has been in power .

Thoughts on the 10’s of 1000s of Ukrainian nationalists that are currently celebrating Navalny’s death?

Other than just using it as a finger pointing opportunity on Putin before the election?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

How does that exonerate Putin for his death or his brutal suppression of all opposition to his dictatorship?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

see where you're coming from

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The irony here is that dying in prison is exactly what the Biden administration and democrats want to happen to Trump.

Putin and Biden have a lot in common, eh?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Yeah it probably was some kind of murder. I got confused

link   
a reply to: Imhere

Thoughts on the 10’s of 1000s of Ukrainian nationalists that are currently celebrating Navalny’s death?

Citation needed.

Since his near-fatal poisoning in Siberia last August, many headlines, opinion columns, and talk shows in Ukraine have posed what they put as a central question: Is Navalny good for Ukraine?

Speaking on Ukrainian television shortly after Navalny was arrested upon return to Russia last month, Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba supported protesters' calls for his release and echoed a sentiment shared by many of his compatriots, saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Yet he also cautioned against romanticizing Navalny as a figure and insisted he would need to apologize on behalf of his country and work to return Crimea if he were to end up in a position of power.

"There should be no illusions here," Kuleba said.
www.rferl.org...

link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Sorry mate, but this has nothing whatsoever to do with either Trump or Biden.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

See where you're coming. Lost the plot on this one

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join