It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressman Hits Super Bowl Fans For Not Standing During Negro National Anthem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 04:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A Democrat using the term 'Negro'??? What century is he living in? What a racist to expect Black People to stand like trained dogs because of a song...ANY song.

What country can I go to because this one is going into dumpster and I think it's only going to get worse? In fact,I KNOW it is ...sadly.

Pro-Libertate!
-OSR

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Question:

Go outside and take a walk around, what are you more likely to see:

1) white supremacists
2) Illegal aliens

I'd say the bigger issue (BY FAR!) is #2.
As far as the left goes, they've got their heads firmly up their a$$ on that one.

FYI- I only read your 1st paragraph, you really need an editor.

(post by whereislogic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Yeah, not reading your bloviating bullcrap.
You're not that important.
At all.

(post by whereislogic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

A national anthem often is, in effect, a hymn or a prayer set to music. The Encyclopedia Americana (1956) says: “Love of fatherland and pride in one’s country are the keynotes of most national anthems, and in many, religious feeling is blended with patriotic sentiment.”

Do you want your children to learn about a nationalistic “God of war” or, rather, about the “God of peace” as revealed in the Bible? (Phil. 4:9) America draws this conclusion: “The phrase ‘under God’ is the concrete symbol of what was, 25 years ago, and may still be, the established American religion: worship of the state. We ought to drop it.”​—June 9, 1979, pp. 469, 470.

Note God’s command to his prophet Jeremiah, who lived in the midst of a people who professed to serve God but whose society was permeated with stealing, murdering, committing of adultery, false swearing and idolatry: “Do not pray in behalf of this people, neither raise in their behalf an entreating cry or a prayer nor beseech me, for I shall not be listening to you.” (Jer. 7:9, 16; 11:14; 14:11)

How about a song that glorifies Jesus or God instead before every Super Bowl game? Plenty of people in the crowd that profess to be Christians.

Luke 6:46 (Jesus talking): “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?”

For example: “Little children, guard yourselves from idols.” (1 John 5:21; technically, John said that, but it has Jesus' seal of approval, it is in accordance with Jesus' teachings, I could probably find Jesus saying something similar somewhere if I look a bit harder.)

Idol, Idolatry (Insight on the Scriptures)

An idol is an image, a representation of anything, or a symbol that is an object of passionate devotion, whether material or imagined. Generally speaking, idolatry is the veneration, love, worship, or adoration of an idol.

Remember? In a public ceremony in Brazil, the minister general of the army acknowledged: “The flag is venerated and worshiped . . . just as the Fatherland is worshiped.” Yes, “the flag, like the cross, is sacred,” The Encyclopedia Americana once observed.

So yes, the flag is an idol (for many people). A nation, or "the Fatherland" can be too (notice the mention of another idol there at the end as well). National anthems help with idolizing a nation or the flag representing that nation. So Jesus' question is quite pertinent and applicable to those I described just before quoting Luke 6:46.

“You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” (Matthew 15:7-9; Jesus talking again)

This is a picture taken today from a rally in support of Bolsonaro:

Most of those people are likely Roman Catholics, i.e. people professing to be Christians (quick stats from wiki, from 2010: 64.6% Catholicism, 22.2% Protestantism, another source from 2020: 50% Catholic, 31% Evangelical). Then why do they call Jesus "Lord, Lord", 'but do not do the things he says'? (Luke 6:46)

Because Jesus is not their lord, master or spiritual father. They have another father that is manipulating and deceiving them. (see John 8:42-47,54,55 that I quoted in that comment) And they are taught "commands of men as doctrines", "commands of men that they have been taught" (creeds, like the Nicene creed, the Athanasian creed, etc.; Matthew 15:7-9; Isa 29:13).

Trinity Doctrine, A False Teaching Of Man, Council of Nicaea (playlist)

They are listening to the wrong teachers that do their best to 'tickle their ears'.

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

It's time to give up on nationalistic or patriotic pride, racial pride (as exemplified by this black national anthem) and other forms of harmful pride.

Proverbs 16:18,19,25

18 Pride is before a crash,

And a haughty spirit before stumbling.

19 Better to be humble* [Lit., “lowly of spirit.”] among the meek

Than to share the spoil of the haughty.

25 There is a way that seems right to a man,

But in the end it leads to death.

Don't let this fella drag you down with him:

Pride is one of the more prominent buttons that this master propagandist likes to push. Details (the page below precedes the page linked in my signature):

The Manipulation of Information (Awake!—2000)

Coming back to the topic of idols (something I was remembered of when looking up the stats for religion in Brazil on wikipedia).

Here's another popular idol in Brazil:

In Scripture, false gods and idols are repeatedly referred to in contemptible terms, as being valueless (1Ch 16:26; Ps 96:5; 97:7), horrible (1Ki 15:13; 2Ch 15:16), shameful (Jer 11:13; Ho 9:10), detestable (Eze 16:36, 37), and disgusting (Eze 37:23). Often mention is made of “dungy idols,” this expression being a rendering of the Hebrew word gil·lu·limʹ, which is related to a word meaning “dung.” (1Ki 14:10; Zep 1:17) This term of contempt, first appearing at Leviticus 26:30, is found nearly 40 times in the book of Ezekiel alone, beginning with chapter 6, verse 4.

The early Christians heeded the inspired counsel: “Flee from idolatry” (1Co 10:14), and image makers viewed Christianity as a threat to their profitable business. (Ac 19:23-27)

And tying this into the topic of nationalism, national anthems and veneration of flags and the nations these flags represent. It was foretold that great pressures would be brought to bear against all the inhabitants of the earth to worship the symbolic “wild beast” and its “image.”—Re 13:15-17; 14:9-12. I could elaborate, but my comment is already so long again (especially with all the edits and additions now). You'll just have to read up on it on your own:

Identifying the Wild Beast and Its Mark
Chapter 28: Contending With Two Ferocious Beasts (Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!)

Vision 8​—Revelation 13:1-18

Subject: The seven-headed wild beast, the two-horned wild beast, and the image of the wild beast

Or if you prefer video over reading (the subjects above are covered in part 3, although with less detail):

the bible-accurate history reliable prophecy part 1 of 3 (playlist)
edit on 26-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Logic, your walls of text are not helpful.
if you want to do whatever your doing please start your own thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Geeeeze .... walls of off topic text .... IGNORING.

The bottom line for me .... ONE COUNTRY = ONE NATIONAL ANTHEM.
I'm not segregating by race for different anthems.
And I sure in all hell won't stand up for one of those fakes.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: FlyersFan

I don't understand why people can't see this for what it is ... it's divisive and causes separation instead of togetherness and cohesiveness.

Mass psychosis among democrats and rinos.

It's even worse between liberals and far right Republicans.

I lived in Charlottesville, VA during that whole "Tear down the Statue" fiasco. What ultimately ended up happening was that a busload of KKK idiots met up with a busload of BLM/Antifa idiots on the downtown Mall. After a lot of shouting, virtue signaling, and some bottle throwing a fight erupted.

Those of us who lived in Charlottesville and were also there just stood back and watched it with stunned bemusement.

The problem was one of the shouting morons decided to get in his car and drive into the crowd, killing a young woman. That was awful. Meanwhile other idiots are trying to rip down a gorgeous bronze statue of Robert E. Lee in a park close by. That's when the Charlottesville residents like myself got involved and beat the snot out of a few of them and chased the others away.

The whole scene was absurd mayhem. Because of racism on both sides.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join