It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you are correct in that the Documents case for Trump is different than Biden

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Boomer1947

In other words, Biden had a Constitutional and statutory right to possess classified documents while he was a Senator. Furthermore, any mishandling of classified documents while he WAS a Senator would have been investigated and handled by the Senate and not by the Executive Branch or courts. (Separation of powers, again.) And finally:

I doubt you will come back, but for the room, there is no argument that Biden had access to TS documents. The problem comes almost to the millisecond, the exact time Joe Biden took them home. I'm sure you were a general or something, but they teach us plebes that not keeping comsec and opsec at the forefront when dealing with classified material is go to big boy jail kind of stuff. And based on the reference in the OP, it's well understood that it's no bullsh!t.

So at what rank do they stop caring about secrity?

That was the funny thing about Hillary's case. She got off on the "I didn't know what I was doing was illegal" defense, when that was flat-out impossible. A #ing Army private with just a Secret clearance would know not to do what she did. The idea that a former senator on the Armed Services committee, former First Lady, and Secretary of State didn't know that was illegal is flat-out asinine.

Which means all the flag officers that came out to defend her are #ing traitors. They all knew what she did was illegal and endangered national security, but like most Democrats, party before country is their motto.

Same thing happening here with Biden.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 04:54 AM
link   

edit on 2/13/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

to see them miss the mark by so much makes it kind of obvious they are playing stupid like a pro.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: XRedHarvestX

Trump had the power to declassify the documents

Did he? You say he did and he said he did, but did he? Are you just believing him or do you have more to base your statement on than that.

I know nothing about it myself other than what I read and by now know that believing what I read is questionable. However, I can only speculate here, if something were classified top secret, would it not have to be first committed to record? That is put on some kind of list of ''secret'' information? Classified information? I would think so and I suspect you might think that as well.

So how can things be ''declassified''. Is this just something that a potus can just do in his mind? Would he not have to make some record of that declassification? Something to add to the original classification status claiming the it was now
''unclassified? I would suspect so. Yet, is there any record of him declassifying any of that material other than him claiming after he had bee found to have it that he did it in his brain without telling anyone?

The president of the United States has absolute authority over classified documents and can declassify anything he so chooses.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: XRedHarvestX

The president of the United States has absolute authority over classified documents and can declassify anything he so chooses.

Yes, you said that before and that is what I asked you to expound upon. I gave to you my thinking on the matter and asked for you to add to that with your thinking. Instead, what you replied with was exactly the same thing written before, that POTUS can declassify anything he wants to. I agree, that that power should lay in the hands of our servant, the President.

However it makes sense to me that there would be protocols to doing so, like at least informing someone that it was being done and not just saying it had been done and that he told no one. After all, he is our servant and we the people should have the right to know what has and what has not been declassified not matter who it is that is doing the declassification.

In this case, did Trump tell anyone or officially declassify any material that was found in Mar a Lago prior to those boxes being found? Did he? I think not as I have not been able to find any record of him doing so.

So, do you have any information to back up your claim that he has the right to declassify anything he wants, which I do not deny, but that in actual fact he did, other than him just saying he did?

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Jack Smith does not want the documents 'found' to be released to Trumps team for review. Now, if you knew you had the goods would you not want to show it to prove your case?

I have said over and over, if there truly was an issue he should be in jail awaiting trail. He had documents or maybe copies that certain people do not want released.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Refresher for most on ATS, but this needs to be reposted periodically, for the first-timers...

🚨FYI: When requesting the warrant to raid Donald Trump's Florida home, the FBI did NOT TELL the judge that President Trump had declassified the documents they desperately wanted. (Documents that expose criminality by Obama-Hillary-Biden-DOJ-FBI-Italy-U.K., and more.)

Below is the official declassification order that high-level criminals, and their media lapdogs, don't want you to know about.

Here: trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov... /

💣💀

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

and for the goofs that can't read.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join