It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you are correct in that the Documents case for Trump is different than Biden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There is a very large difference. It has been claimed that Joe Biden turned over everything when he was asked to. Donald Trump did not. He held on to some documents and claimed he had the right to keep them. That aspect of his case appears to be at the crux of his guilt of innocence. So in that regard, they are very different.

But does that mean Joe Biden's documents issue isn't as bad? I think it's worse, quite a bit worse. Forgetting all about his time as VP or President. His days in the Senate are the focus of this OP. There were documents found that dated back to that time. Classified documents. The kind a senator doesn't have the legal right to possess.

www.theguardian.com...

A US Navy sailor was sentenced on Friday to a year in prison for taking photos of classified areas inside a nuclear attack submarine while it was in port in Connecticut.

It's important to remember what this means to the regular people. The unprivileged. The plebes. We get caught doing something even remotely close to this, and it's jail time, as in this case. But those with the golden ticket can do whatever they like, and not face any legal repercussions. I do realize it's (D)ifferent based on some limiting factors, such as political party, but I have a sneaking suspicion that will change in the near future. For now, that's how it is.

So unless there is a rule somewhere that states it's allowable for a US Senator to posses and store classified material at his home or garage, it looks like Biden got off quite easy with only the obvious being pointed out. Justice is for just us, not them.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
There is a very large difference. It has been claimed that Joe Biden turned over everything when he was asked to. Donald Trump did not. He held on to some documents and claimed he had the right to keep them. That aspect of his case appears to be at the crux of his guilt of innocence. So in that regard, they are very different.

But does that mean Joe Biden's documents issue isn't as bad? I think it's worse, quite a bit worse. Forgetting all about his time as VP or President. His days in the Senate are the focus of this OP. There were documents found that dated back to that time. Classified documents. The kind a senator doesn't have the legal right to possess.

www.theguardian.com...

A US Navy sailor was sentenced on Friday to a year in prison for taking photos of classified areas inside a nuclear attack submarine while it was in port in Connecticut.

It's important to remember what this means to the regular people. The unprivileged. The plebes. We get caught doing something even remotely close to this, and it's jail time, as in this case. But those with the golden ticket can do whatever they like, and not face any legal repercussions. I do realize it's (D)ifferent based on some limiting factors, such as political party, but I have a sneaking suspicion that will change in the near future. For now, that's how it is.

So unless there is a rule somewhere that states it's allowable for a US Senator to posses and store classified material at his home or garage, it looks like Biden got off quite easy with only the obvious being pointed out. Justice is for just us, not them.

You forgot Trump had the power to declassify the documents and biden never did.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It has been claimed that Joe Biden turned over everything when he was asked to.

Are we sure Biden willingly cooperated?

From the SC report:

“During our interview of him, Mr. Biden was emphatic, declaring that his notebooks are ‘my property’ and that ‘every president before me has done the exact same thing,’ that is, kept handwritten classified materials after leaving office,” the report says.

The report saysBiden viewed his notebooks as “highly private and valued possessions with which he was unwilling to part.”

nebraskaexaminer.com...

"WITH WHICH HE WAS UNWILLING TO PART"

Did I mention that the SC report stated that Biden's notebooks contained classified information?

From the SC report:

“Mr. Biden wrote down obviously sensitive informationdiscussed during intelligence briefings with President Obama and meetings in the White House Situation Room about matters of national security and military and foreign policy,”the report says.

“And while reading his notebook entries aloud during meetings with his ghostwriter, Mr. Biden sometimes skipped over presumptively classified material and warned his ghostwriter the entries might be classified, but at least three times Mr. Biden read from classified entries aloud to his ghostwriter nearly verbatim.”

nebraskaexaminer.com...

edit on 12-2-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A Senator on the Foreign Relations Committee wouldn't have access to classified documents pertaining to foreign relations?

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It occurs to me that IF they had charged Biden (as they should have, since they charged Trump)...his personal notebooks would've become 'evidence' subject to FOIA requests.

Imagine how many notes on 'business' deals with Hunter could be in there.
Among other things.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

A Senator on the Foreign Relations Committee wouldn't have access to classified documents pertaining to foreign relations?

wow, you really are a peach, aren't you.

Where does it stated that a Senator can remove classified documents and keep them at his home. While there must be a plethora of sources to chose from stating that is totally kosher, I just need one from you.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

It has been claimed that Joe Biden turned over everything when he was asked to.

Are we sure Biden willingly cooperated?

From the SC report:

“During our interview of him, Mr. Biden was emphatic, declaring that his notebooks are ‘my property’ and that ‘every president before me has done the exact same thing,’ that is, kept handwritten classified materials after leaving office,” the report says.

The report saysBiden viewed his notebooks as “highly private and valued possessions with which he was unwilling to part.”

nebraskaexaminer.com...

wow, in that light, the differences seem to shrink away. I wonder what the C team will say about that?

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The kind a senator doesn't have the legal right to possess.

We learned this word in grade school. It doesn't mean access.
edit on 2/12/2024 by Klassified because: bold

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hur was unable to show that Biden was aware the documents had been removed from his office at the Capitol.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hur was unable to show that Biden was aware the documents had been removed from his office at the Capitol.

So Biden didn't know what was going on in his own office or in his own home? He didn't know what was in his own garage? That's pretty bad. His cognition is worse than even the Hur report states ... and worse for a longer time.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Capitol staffers were responsible for packing and unpacking the office.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

So Biden didn't know what was going on in his own office or in his own home? He didn't know what was in his own garage? That's pretty bad. His cognition is worse than even the Hur report states ... and worse for a longer time.

The report states that Biden KNEW he had classified information...and explains that Biden's ghostwriter provided recorded evidence of Biden directly telling him it could be classified...before actually reading that classified information to the ghostwriter on tape "verbatim".

From the report:

Mr. Biden sometimes skipped over presumptively classified material and warned his ghostwriter the entries might be classified, but at least three times Mr. Biden read from classified entries aloud to his ghostwriter nearly verbatim.”

“The practices of retaining classified material in unsecured locations and reading classified material to one’s ghostwriter present serious risks to national security, given the vulnerability of extraordinarily sensitive information to loss or compromise to America’s adversaries,” the report says."

nebraskaexaminer.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

Capitol staffers were responsible for packing and unpacking the office.

And Biden is supposed to know what is being packed and unpacked in his offices, and what is going into his home and garage. The man parked his car next to boxes of this stuff and he says he didn't know it was there? That is BAD. Either he knew and broke the rules anyways, or he didn't know and is so out of touch he shouldn't have access to classified materials.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   

and the documents that were removed from the SCIF, you can show how that process works?

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

There are, however, major differences between how lawmakers on Capitol Hill and executive branch figures view such documents, at least in the minds of members of Congress. Senators and representatives may only view classified documents in a sensitive compartmented information facility in the basement of the Capitol, and documents are not allowed to leave with lawmakers.

“I don’t get it,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) told reporters. “Anybody that deals with classified materials knows that they have to be maintained in a secure place and not available to our adversaries by putting them in a place that’s easy to penetrate. So — that’s not good.”

thehill.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

and the documents that were removed from the SCIF, you can show how that process works?

Joe probably used the 'Sandy Berger Technique'.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   

except with him, the strong wind blew the documents into his pants while he wasn't looking, which explains why it's OK for Joetatoe to have them. Is that about right X?

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Let's not forget that these documents were obtained and withheld during his time as a Senator, as well as VP.

Call me crazy, but I don't know if those "memory issues" span back that far.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

no, I think that's the willful intent aspect of this.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

except with him, the strong wind blew the documents into his pants while he wasn't looking, which explains why it's OK for Joetatoe to have them. Is that about right X?

Joe could've suffered a 'Depends Failure' while in the SCIF...and shoved whatever paper he had on hand at the time down his pants to 'mop up'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join