It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE Founder Vince McMahon Accused of Sexual Abuse and Trafficking in Lawsuit by Former Employee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A former employee of WWE sued founder Vince McMahon, alleging he abused and sexually exploited her when he was CEO of the wrestling-entertainment company — and that McMahon allegedly trafficked her to other men “as a pawn to secure talent deals” with prospective wrestlers the company was recruiting.

The former WWE employee, Janel Grant, filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut Thursday naming McMahon, WWE and former head of talent relations John Laurinaitis as defendants.

The lawsuit alleges McMahon, Laurinaitis and WWE violated the Trafficking Victims Prevention Act, and includes claims of civil battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress in relation to years-long sexual and emotional abuse Grant said she endured as an employee of WWE. The lawsuit seeks unspecified monetary damages as well as a declaratory judgment that a nondisclosure agreement Grant signed while she was a WWE employee is “void and unenforceable, and does not bar any of Plaintiff’s claims against Defendants McMahon and WWE.”

Source

While one high profile case relating to a billionaire and sexual assault is set to go into closing arguments tomorrow, a new one begins.

For those unfamiliar with Vince McMahon, he is the adoptive son of Vince McMahon Sr., who was the founder of the WWWF. Under Vince Sr.'s eye the WWWF became the hottest company in the biggest territory. At the height of its popularity Vince Sr. would sell the company to Vince Jr. for $1 million. Vince Jr. would go on to take the company national, destroy the territory system, create Wrestlemania, and ultimately turn the company into a multi-billion dollar juggernaut.

Last year Vince would merge the company with UFC's parent company, Endeavor, to create TKO. And just this week the company announced that WWE's premier show, Raw, would be moving to Netflix next year in a 10 year deal worth $5 billion.

Despite all of his success, there have always been dark rumors swirling around Vince. Things like covering up Pat Patterson's sexual abuse of ring boys, covering up Jimmy Snuka's murdering of his girlfriend, offering his underage daughter up to the Macho Man, the very public steroid trial, the list goes on.

Despite all these rumors, Vince has been fairly untouchable. That is up until two years ago. In the summer of 2022 the NYT published a story about how Vince had spent millions of dollars of the company's money to cover up his sexual dalliances without revealing it to the board or shareholders.

In response to the article the board temporarily removed him from the board, launched an investigation, and officially removed him from the board. Unfortunately, Vince was the majority shareholder in the company and just voted himself back in.

He would then go on to merge the company with Endeavor and step down as CEO while being named as Chairman of the newly formed TKO.

It seemed like that was going to be the end of the story. That is until today. One of the women Vince paid off has filed a lawsuit against Vince. The details of which are disturbing to say the least.

Based on the stories that have been told over the years, I have no reason to doubt this woman. Which leads me to wonder how many of the thousands of women Vince has employed over the past 40+ years have a similar story.

I have a feeling things are going to get much worse before this case ends and in the end Vince may become known as one of the worst sexual abusers in US history.

For those interested, here is the actuall court filing that was submitted this morning.
Grant v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There was an article in Wall Street Journal. It sounds like he was supposed to pay her $3 million, but only paid her $1 million... so she basically went public.

I don't doubt Vince is a dirt bag, but the chick sounds like she was down with it until the checks stopped. Doesn't sound like an innocent victim IMHO.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yikes.
There’s a significant amount of salacious and disgusting things in this case.
Vince is going to have an epic ‘Dark Side of the Ring’ when it airs.
His wife is going to take all that money. He had more than Trump.
Seems she had a change of heart when those checks stopped coming.
Hard to be a victim when you’re proven willing though.
That story about her providing sexual content for a currently unnamed heavyweight champion sounds wild.
They never fail to entertain.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The WSJ article leaves a lot out. I would suggest reading the actual filing. It explains a lot about Grant's mental state.

That said, the case is going to hinge on Grant's lawyers about to prove a pattern of behavior. We know there are other women.

Rita Chatterton accused Vince of raping her in 1992. She finally filed a lawsuit in 2022, which Vince settled out of court.

Maria Kanellis has regularly hinted at something that occurred between her and Vince without ever outright saying what it was. I'm guessing she'll ultimately end up as a witness.

In 1999, Sable sued the company for sexual harassment, which they ended up settling out of court. Interestingly enough, she is currently married to Brock Lesnar, who is implicated in the current lawsuit.

There's also the handful of unnamed women that Vince had sign NDAs.

And that's before we talk about women like Chyna and Ashley Massaro who died way too young in large part to how they were treated by the WWE.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is the Guy that was the biggest donor to Trumps foundation.
You know, the one that had to be shut down due to various legal violations.
Vince donated 5 million to a foundation that had a “ghost” board of directors.

McMahon biggest contributor to Trump foundation

I read the allegations today, and quite a bit of the evidence.
Had to stop it was so disgusting.

Pigs wallow with pigs.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Hard to be a victim when you’re proven willing though.

We don't consider the brainwashed members of cults like NXIVM to be willing, so why do we consider Grant to be willing?

Vince spent months manipulating, isolating, and breaking her down before having sex with her.

And as I mentioned in my last post, there were certainly times she wasn't willing and still forced into things.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

His wife was also a part of Trump's administration.

If these sociopathic narcissists actually understood the concept of friends, it could be argued the McMahon and Trump are best friends.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

I agree from what I’ve read so far that some of those sick things done to her were probably not willing.
On the other hand, there’s plenty of text messages showing she was indeed down for plenty of it.
Seems so far that if the money didn’t dry up none of this would have come out.
It’s not surprising considering that business is chock full of drug and alcohol abuse.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

On the other hand, there’s plenty of text messages showing she was indeed down for plenty of it.

I'm not willing to say that. Vince found a woman at the lowest point in her life and then spent months turning her into a sex slave.

Seems so far that if the money didn’t dry up none of this would have come out.

Possibly. There's still no indication she was the original leaker in 2022. That is what really led to the current lawsuit.

It’s not surprising considering that business is chock full of drug and alcohol abuse.

Things have greatly changed since the 80s and 90s. While they're not perfect (current Smackdown is a great example of them failing) they still lead in testing for things like steroids, illicit drugs, and concussions.

The Benoit tragedy caused a paradigm shift in the company. Hell, Chris Nowinsky essentially created the concept of CTE after his time in the WWE.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

A former employee of WWE sued founder Vince McMahon, alleging he abused and sexually exploited her when he was CEO of the wrestling-entertainment company — and that McMahon allegedly trafficked her to other men “as a pawn to secure talent deals” with prospective wrestlers the company was recruiting.

The former WWE employee, Janel Grant, filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut Thursday naming McMahon, WWE and former head of talent relations John Laurinaitis as defendants.

The lawsuit alleges McMahon, Laurinaitis and WWE violated the Trafficking Victims Prevention Act, and includes claims of civil battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress in relation to years-long sexual and emotional abuse Grant said she endured as an employee of WWE. The lawsuit seeks unspecified monetary damages as well as a declaratory judgment that a nondisclosure agreement Grant signed while she was a WWE employee is “void and unenforceable, and does not bar any of Plaintiff’s claims against Defendants McMahon and WWE.”

Source

While one high profile case relating to a billionaire and sexual assault is set to go into closing arguments tomorrow, a new one begins.

For those unfamiliar with Vince McMahon, he is the adoptive son of Vince McMahon Sr., who was the founder of the WWWF. Under Vince Sr.'s eye the WWWF became the hottest company in the biggest territory. At the height of its popularity Vince Sr. would sell the company to Vince Jr. for $1 million. Vince Jr. would go on to take the company national, destroy the territory system, create Wrestlemania, and ultimately turn the company into a multi-billion dollar juggernaut.

Last year Vince would merge the company with UFC's parent company, Endeavor, to create TKO. And just this week the company announced that WWE's premier show, Raw, would be moving to Netflix next year in a 10 year deal worth $5 billion.

Despite all of his success, there have always been dark rumors swirling around Vince. Things like covering up Pat Patterson's sexual abuse of ring boys, covering up Jimmy Snuka's murdering of his girlfriend, offering his underage daughter up to the Macho Man, the very public steroid trial, the list goes on.

Despite all these rumors, Vince has been fairly untouchable. That is up until two years ago. In the summer of 2022 the NYT published a story about how Vince had spent millions of dollars of the company's money to cover up his sexual dalliances without revealing it to the board or shareholders.

In response to the article the board temporarily removed him from the board, launched an investigation, and officially removed him from the board. Unfortunately, Vince was the majority shareholder in the company and just voted himself back in.

He would then go on to merge the company with Endeavor and step down as CEO while being named as Chairman of the newly formed TKO.

It seemed like that was going to be the end of the story. That is until today. One of the women Vince paid off has filed a lawsuit against Vince. The details of which are disturbing to say the least.

Based on the stories that have been told over the years, I have no reason to doubt this woman. Which leads me to wonder how many of the thousands of women Vince has employed over the past 40+ years have a similar story.

I have a feeling things are going to get much worse before this case ends and in the end Vince may become known as one of the worst sexual abusers in US history.

For those interested, here is the actuall court filing that was submitted this morning.
Grant v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc

SOrry but where did youget the info he was adopted. I can't see that

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 02:37 AM
link   

If these sociopathic narcissists actually understood the concept of friends, it could be argued the McMahon and Trump are best friends.

Right, I forgot about that. The wife.
Favors for money.
Seems they had a few things in common.
Didn’t Trump shave Vince’s head once? In public!

Epstein and McMahon, Trump’s besties.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

I wouldn't doubt its true. I've heard stories of female wrestlers who were demanded to dress sexier on air even though they didn't want to. Also I am such a huge wrestling fan, would describe myself as a super fan and somehow I had no idea Vince was adopted. And RAW going to netflix? I had no idea about that either and it kinda pisses me off to be honest. I hope it's not an exclusive deal with netflix, because right now I watch RAW, Smackdown, and NXT on hulu with no commercials and its awesome. I dont understand why they would move to netflix. I tried netflix and its all just awful shows and movies, most of which are made by netflix or European (no offense to anyone at all, just only into certain foreign shows like keeping up appearances). Also no offense meant here, but from what I see on other websites, netflix like Disney seems to be more of a progressive company so I think they have very few current subscribers who will want to watch RAW on netflix.
edit on 26-1-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I don't doubt Vince is a dirt bag, but the chick sounds like she was down with it until the checks stopped. Doesn't sound like an innocent victim IMHO.

That’s what it sounds like to me.

If true it definitely paints the picture that he’s indeed a scum bag… But if she was an adult I have to be honest and say she had some level of choice making too unless there were some kinds of threats or forcefulness.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Favors for money.

yes, and after the shaving of the head, they ate babies. Babies. Trump put ketchup on them.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Favors for money.

yes, and after the shaving of the head, they ate babies. Babies. Trump put ketchup on them.

No ketchup or baby eating (that has been discovered yet)

Just shaving cream and an electric shaver.

You can see it here
firstsportz.com...

As well as some details regarding the millions cleansed through Trump’s “foundation”

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   

edit on 1/26/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Favors for money.

No ketchup or baby eating (that has been discovered yet)

Just shaving cream and an electric shaver.

You can see it here
firstsportz.com...

As well as some details regarding the millions cleansed through Trump’s “foundation”

Trump really is amazing. I suspect he will live in your head long after his death. Will I see you at his next rally?

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

In June 2021, McMahon and Defendant Laurinaitis sexually assaulted Ms. Grant
inside Laurinaitis’ office in WWE headquarters while colleagues were busy at their desks. Behind
a locked door, the two men cornered her and pulled her in between them, forcibly touched her,
before ultimately putting her on top of a table in between them. She begged them to stop, but they
forced themselves on her, each taking turns restraining her for the other, while saying “No means yes” and “Take it, bitch.”

Forcefulness like that?

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I had to evict Trump for non-payment.
So no, you won’t see me at any of his Coup Klutz Clan meetings.

I wonder how his Best Bud Vince is doing?
It’s a Two for One now.
You can defend two men who not only have depleted the nations stock of bronzer.
You can defend 2 rapists/sexual predators in one sentence.
One sentence can justify coprophilia, and cop a feel ya.

Only the best eh?

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I had to evict Trump for non-payment.
So no, you won’t see me at any of his Coup Klutz Clan meetings.

I wonder how his Best Bud Vince is doing?
It’s a Two for One now.
You can defend two men who not only have depleted the nations stock of bronzer.
You can defend 2 rapists/sexual predators in one sentence.
One sentence can justify coprophilia, and cop a feel ya.

Only the best eh?

Just stop with the fake outrage.
You guys support gay sex in the Senate room on a table and drag shows where men dressed as women shake their asses in kids faces.

Liberals are skid marks on society without morals, integrity or conscience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join