It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My child worrying about his future and if he'll live

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

You right! Maybe the kid is right, and they will come for his family and they might just guilt him by affection... Sucks to have crey-crey parents

And hey radicals and extremists are a thread to everyone, get them ALL left and right.

If he's being raised by radical extremists, and it scares him, get child service in there ASAP!

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

You seriously need to limit his time online.

Yes things are seriously #ed up right now.

No, our children shouldn't be overexposed to all the information all of the time.

Kids need to be able to just be kids.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Fairlite

So you're good with people judging others and treating them poorly because they have political views you don't like?

Not at all, but if that's how you choose to see it.

You appear to be judging me.

What I'm not good with is far-right extremists or them imposing their deluded hate-filled warped outlook and values on kids, their own, or other peoples, and for very good reason.

As to political views, well children don't vote until they are considered to be adults for a reason.

If they wish to worry about the likes of politics it might be best to wait until they fully understand the subject and topic where being an extremist seldom bodes well on either side of the political aisle.

Also, where have i suggested im ok with treating anyone poorly?

Its the kid who seems to be thinking people are treating, or about to treat, him and/or his family poorly, and i apt to ponder the reason why.

Who judges what is far right?
Good, solid people, political parties and others who disagree with the 'approved opinion' are called this and worse.

Funny fact is that when they say far right, they mean just like the nazis, but the nazis were far left.
Just luke they always do, they just change words and meanings to suit them.

Hence the quotes around far right by OP. For lefties and their also highly brainwashed offspring it means anyone who disagrees with them.

You can't be this ignorant naturally, you must be far left to think like that.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   

edit on 1/23/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

If you read on Hecate666 you will see i suggest extremism is frowned upon and problematic no matter which side of the political aisle it happens to land.

As to the rest of that bait you're punting, things to do today, it's not worth the argument if that's what you are after.

I simply hope the little fellow is ok, calms down, and gets on with the remainder of his childhood without having to worry about the silly inflammatory nonsense he's obviously seen on YouTube.

But that's his parent's job to facilitate, nothing we really say or do here will help much, only they can do that, and hopefully, that's exactly what they choose to do.

Because 12-year-olds should not have to live in fear down to the boogie man on the TV or tinternet.

And on that note back to my day.
edit on 23-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

That is because they perceive all there is as darkness. Being trapped in a darkness with no end in sight. They do not realize the darkness really exists in them. I agree you cannot convince people not to exist in darkness. But you can give them choice other than the darkness. By shining a little light their way.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   

edit on 1/24/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Darkness is but the unknown, the Parts of our experience we can't fit into the big picture.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Physically darkness is an absence or lack of light.

Metaphorically speaking darkness can also be attributed to a lack of knowledge, understanding, and awareness.

We tend to fear what we cannot see or know, its part of the fight or flight mechanic that wags our human conditions tail.
edit on 24-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Love your post, it made me laugh pretty good as it perfectly illustrates the idiocy on both end of the spectrum of extremists.

I hope that was on purpose or you just showcased how absurd extremists reasoning is.

You can't be that cognizant naturally, you must be far right to think like that...

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We tend to fear what we cannot see or know, its part of the fight or flight mechanic that wags our human conditions tail.

It sure does... it's those primal instinct that are higly effective in manipulating people as they don't pass trough the cognitive filters, and are processed subconsciously.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Left or right tanstaafl, extremist anything is a bad idea.

The entire concept of the Left/Right paradigm is an intentionally flawed construct designed to cpn the masses into this ridiculous fake left vs right fallacy, keeping everyone running around in circles like chickens with their heads cut off, as you and a few others on here most adequately demonstrate with almost every single one of your posts..

Because ideologies that are that far out of kilter seldom bode well or add balance to any situation.

The concept that there should be a 'balance' of ideologies is just as flawed as the concept of the 'balanced diet'.

There are good ideologies, and bad ones. Period. There may be some good in the bad ones, and some bad in the good ones, but a sane, rational person who believes in the GOOD will always strive to purge the bad from the good ones.

I think my understanding is just fine ta very much.

Yes, of course, as it has been demonstrated that the truly insane person will never question their own sanity.

Maybe take some of your own advice and question your own understanding where extremism is concerned.

I am extremely against evil, in all of its forms, from CRT to the gender bending BS., and have no desire or need to question it.

Suffice to say groups who hold extreme views or beliefs, or that are advocating for radical political, religious, or social ideologies.

Seldom have anything nice to say about the majority

Well, the majority are usually wrong about just about anything and everything since they worship the State and anything that comes out of the mouthpieces of said State.

and tend to be more interested in their own obscure outlook in life and/or take on reality.

If everyone kept their own rational self-interest as their top priority in life, life would be sooooo much better for everyone.
edit on 24-1-2024 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It's always been about balance tanstaafl.

When things fall out of kilter, extremism of all sorts arises, and evil tends to prevail.

Then again good and evil are human ideologies, nature entertains no such delusions, but it does tend to maintain a balance.

As to a desire and need to question, well we should always have that, about everything and anything, because without such, we are not apt to get much done in life.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's always been about balance tanstaafl.

And how has that worked out for humanity?

When things fall out of kilter, extremism of all sorts arises, and evil tends to prevail.

You're not talking about things being out of balance, you're talking about the results of State mandated controls on the free exchange of ideas and property between rational people.

Then again good and evil are human ideologies, nature entertains no such delusions,

Yolu believe that the distinction between good and evil are delusional ideologies?

why does that not surorise me... rotflmao.

You have nothing of value to say on the matter, yet you keep on pretending you do.

As to a desire and need to question, well we should always have that, about everything and anything, because without such, we are not apt to get much done in life.

I always question everything that is new to me, but once I've made a determination about something, it takes some, real, actual evidence suggesting I'm wrong about it to make me re-evaluate it. It happens sometimes - it happened quite a few times during my study of natural health and what constitutes a proper human diet, but that is now a settled matter as far as I'm concerned - again, unless/until some very convincing evidence comes along to cause me to reconsider.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   

And how has that worked out for humanity?

Still here after 300,000 years or thereabouts, and not going anywhere anytime soon short of our own self-destruction.

All in all, it is going pretty well ta very much.

Yolu believe that the distinction between good and evil are delusional ideologies?

why does that not surorise me... rotflmao.

Now you are simply trying to put words on other people's mouths........why does that not surprise me?

I said good and evil are human ideologies, constructs if you will, and if you can prove otherwise i suggest you do so.

Good and evil are about humanity's ability to empathise, they are ethical and philosophical perspectives, simple as that.

Nature does not care about good or evil but about survival of the fittest.

You're not talking about things being out of balance, you're talking about the results of State mandated controls on the free exchange of ideas and property between rational people.

I dont think so, and first I've heard, when did the subject change to the exchanging of ideas and/or property?

And if the people you alluding to are of the extremist sorts i have to question the rational part.

Simply down to the fact extremism defies rationality.

Nothing rational about people who choose to subscribe to extremist ideologies, quite the opposite in point of fact.

You have nothing of value to say on the matter, yet you keep on pretending you do.

Now you just sound spitful and silly, if you do not like what other people say, don't read it or respond, and that's you sorted.

I always question everything that is new to me, but once I've made a determination about something, it takes some, real, actual evidence suggesting I'm wrong about it to make me re-evaluate it. It happens sometimes - it happened quite a few times during my study of natural health and what constitutes a proper human diet, but that is now a settled matter as far as I'm concerned - again, unless/until some very convincing evidence comes along to cause me to reconsider.

Do tell? And that's nice, but natural health and human diet are hardly the topic of the thread.

And more along the lines of some poor little fellow who thinks people are coming to get him with shotguns, down them thinking him or his family to be a right-wing extremist, seemingly because of some garbage he has been spoon-fed on a YouTube channel.

The little fellow's diet is neither here nor there as far as can be determined, and it's his mental health that seems to be of concern because it could turn into a serious issue if his fears are not alleviated.

So again, and just to sum up, extremism of all sorts and any kind is generally a very bad idea for the reasons already stated, and i don't expect to be convinced otherwise if im honest, as too much of anything is always a bad thing.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join