It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alec Baldwin Just Indicted on Two Counts of Involuntary Manslaughter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

If so it's only because of a 2 tiered justice system.

There's no Hollywood exemption clause in the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   
He’s been using weapons for decades.
He knows the rules of safe handling.
This has nothing to do with him being an insufferable jerk.
Manslaughter fits.
That armorer should do the serious time.
edit on 19-1-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

WHO LOADED THE WEAPON THAT SHOT THE FATAL ROUND?
On Oct. 21, 2021, armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, working as chief weapons handler on her second film, loaded a live round into a long Colt .45 revolver Baldwin was rehearsing with, believing it to be a dummy round.
Five other live rounds were later found on the set by investigators.
First Assistant Director Dave Halls said he checked the revolver with Gutierrez-Reed before it was handed to Baldwin. The actor fired the bullet as Hutchins directed him to point the weapon towards the camera.

SNIP

WHERE DID THE LIVE ROUNDS COME FROM?
Live rounds are not allowed on movie sets. Instead, guns are loaded with inert dummy rounds that look like live ammunition or blanks that make an explosive sound and muzzle flash when fired, or are left unloaded.

www.reuters.com...

If the armorer didn't know she was loading live ammo, the First Assistant Director didn't know the gun was loaded with real ammo, how in the world would Baldwin know the ammo was real?

And WHY was real ammo with dummy ammo? Who brought in the real ammo??????

There's something amiss here.

Sure Alex Baldwin is an entitled jackass but does that make him guilty of the charges?

This is a tough one.

edit on th31202400000031bFri, 19 Jan 2024 18:09:10 -06002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

there is more information on this than you currently have. They used the same gun to shoot cans with real bullets during slow times. That explains how the live rounds got there. Whoever was in charge, wasn't. Now how the expert didn't know to check the weapon and verify it's load, I have no answers. But Baldwin had the gun in his hand, smoking, and pointing at the two people who just got shot. If that isn't smoking gun evidence, I'm not sure I understand any of this.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Actors rely on actual smart people to provide them their tools so they can recite lines they memorized.

Actors aren't really bright.

I don't like Baldwin.

But you don't convict the chimp with an uzi, you convict the person who GAVE the chimp the uzi.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dont you have to cok the gun Then pull the trigger?

How much did he pay to get off the first time?

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Alec Baldwin has been indicted on charges of involuntary manslaughter, as prosecutors once again seek to hold the actor accountable for the on-set death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

Hutchins was preparing to film a scene with Baldwin at a ranch near Santa Fe, N.M., in October 2021 when the gun went off. Baldwin has maintained that he did not pull the trigger.
55/

My first question was why in hell would people use a prop gun to go actual target practicing with? So it seems they were not using prop guns but the real thing. Baldwin would then know this. I think it is murder, so 18 months for manslaughter and 10 years for lying under oath.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
He is the most arrogant person I can think of.

It's that arrogance that drove him to commit murder. He showed her and being a star he is untouchable...

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Actors rely on actual smart people to provide them their tools so they can recite lines they memorized.

It wasn't in a scene...He pointed it at her and pulled the trigger... How the bullet got in the gun I guess we need to ask the person that pointed the gun when there was no reason to do that. BTW there was massive arguing on the set the whole time, so the whole thing screams as not an accident.

edit on x31Fri, 19 Jan 2024 18:39:41 -0600202418America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jan 2024 18:39:41 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
But Baldwin had the gun in his hand, smoking, and pointing at the two people who just got shot. If that isn't smoking gun evidence, I'm not sure I understand any of this.

The big question is whether the gun handler said the gun was empty when it was handed to Baldwin. He could easily keep a bullet from the practice which would make it premeditation murder.

Being a person who has been around guns for 40+ years I cannot think of a point where a gun would only have one live bullet in a revolver. I can see an automatic as people might remove the mag and leave one in the chamber, but a revolver just does not happen like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   
He probably waited until she stopped the camera before he shot her. That would be some damaging video. He would be doing life if people saw how it all went down. He was angry at her. She was demanding perfection with her extra takes and he got short with her. Even as dense at Alec appears sometimes, tou better believe he knows just as he always has to never aim any gun at someone. Not a bb gun, not a real gun, not a blank prop gun that can accept live ammo. Not even a blank gun that just fires blanks

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It wasn't in a scene...He pointed it at her and pulled the trigger... How the bullet got in the gun I guess we need to ask the person that pointed the gun when there was no reason to do that. BTW there was massive arguing on the set the whole time, so the whole thing screams as not an accident.

Fair point.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

All I know about Baldwin is "RED OCTOBER". I liked him in that movie.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

just going address this,don't really want to get into all the other.

And WHY was real ammo with dummy ammo? Who brought in the real ammo??????

i've seen reports for three possible reason as to why live ammunition was on set . and speculation for another reason why.

first one was the crew used the colt single action revolver for target practice that morning before.

one article,

The prop gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a New Mexico movie set had been used that morning by crew members to shoot cans for fun, a report said Tuesday. Just hours before the fatal accident, a group of crew members had taken the firearm to go “plinking,” a hobby in which people shoot at beer cans with live ammunition, amid production of the Alec Baldwin flick “Rust” in Santa Fe, an insider told the Wrap.
‘Rust’ crew reportedly loaded Baldwin’s gun with live bullets for target practice

the second one is the round was a reload that got mixed in the dummies rounds brought to the set.

Prop master Sarah Zachry told investigators on Oct. 21 that "Rust" got its ammunition from multiple sources, including Kenney and set armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who brought rounds from a production she worked on previously.

Zachry said she checked a box of ammunition after the shooting and found that some cartridges rattled, which "signified them being 'dummy rounds,' " while other cartridges did not.

The affidavit also notes that Gutierrez's father, Hollywood armorer Thell Reed, told investigators in November that he worked with Kenney on a different production around August and September. During this production, Reed said Kenney asked him to bring live ammunition to train actors on a firearms range. Reed said he brought a green "ammo can" that contained about 200 to 300 rounds that weren't made in a factory.

According to Reed, Kenney took this ammunition can back with him to New Mexico after the training. Though Reed said he made "several attempts" to get the can back from Kenney, he said Kenney told him to "write it off," according to the document.

'Rust' affidavit reveals new details about source of live ammunition in Alec Baldwin's gun

then Gutierrez lawyers are claiming that she is being framed and there are hints that it might be sabotage by disgruntled crew memebers. who walked off the set.

the quotes below come from the same link as the one above this it, scroll down to where it says "Armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed's lawyers say she's 'being framed,' double down on 'sabotage' allegations"

In November, an attorney for armorer Reed doubled down on claims of sabotage on the set of the film "Rust," insisting that his client, who was in charge of overseeing the film's prop weaponry, is being set up.

"We are convinced that this was sabotage and Hannah is being framed," Reed's attorney Bowles said in a statement to USA TODAY on Nov. 10. "We believe that the scene was tampered with as well before the police arrived."

scroll down to "'Rust' crew members had walked off set to protest working conditions'

Half a dozen crew members reportedly walked off the set of "Rust" in protest of working conditions hours before Hutchins was killed.

A camera crew member anonymously told The Associated Press that those working on the film raised concerns about several problems, ranging from safety procedures to their housing accommodations.

The Los Angeles Times and Deadline reported that, hours before the fatal incident, members of the "Rust" camera crew walked off the job in protest and, per the LA Times, were replaced with nonunion crew members soon after. The outlets also noted at least two previous misfires on a prop gun on set days before.

all seem plausible to me.

note these sources were the first to come up in a search. when this happened and a couple of months there were many others that people may think to be more credible.

edit on 19-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I guess we need to ask the person that pointed the gun when there was no reason to do that

according to the people that were there when she was hit, she told him to point the revolver as if he was firing during set up for the filming the of the scene. more than one witness.

comes from the last link in my last post scroll down to where it says

According to a Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office affidavit, Baldwin, sitting in a church pew, was rehearsing drawing his weapon "and pointing his revolver towards the camera lens" during the church-setting rehearsal. Souza said he was "concentrated on the monitors" standing beside Hutchins viewing the camera angle as they prepared for the first scene to be shot after a lunch break. Souza said he heard what "sounded like a whip and then loud pop" and heard Hutchins "complaining about her stomach and grabbing her midsection."
Directo r Joel Souza recalls graphic details of misfire

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Alec Baldwin's fake Trump has shot and killed more Hollywood employees than the actual Trump.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scratchpost
Dont you have to cok the gun Then pull the trigger?

How much did he pay to get off the first time?

Yes, the Colt 45 is a single action revolver requiring it to be cocked first.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

it has two positions half cocked and cocked. the single action even some replicas, are known to fire half cocked due to wear and tear or the hammer down.
hence the saying, cowboy load or going off half cocked.

just a example, go to the 2:15 mark

edit on 19-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Actors aren't really bright.

I don't like Baldwin.

But you don't convict the chimp with an uzi, you convict the person who GAVE the chimp the uzi.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been saying, actors are not always the sharpest tools in the shed. That gun should’ve been safe enough to give it to a chimp.

I’m thinking this case was brought back up because they couldn’t go after Gutierrez without going after Baldwin. They’ve both kind of blamed each other. To convict one I believe you’d have to convict the other to some degree. Just a hunch.

Gutierrez majorly f’d up on many things. Having live ammo on the set was the biggest screw up of all. This being only her second armorer job one would’ve thought she would’ve been extra attentive to safety issues, obviously that didn’t happen.

I personally don’t think this was a setup or murder. Just a major f up in many ways. I can say that one #head on a set especially a actor or director can change the crew’s attitude in a negative way and if its persistent day after day that # gets old quick. I wouldn’t want to be on a set with Baldwin being actor and co-producer and knowing him I’m sure he was also involved in the directing. I can only imagine the tension on that set and he’s probably why people were walking off. I imagine that all the negativity may have also created some complacency among the crew. The incident is still 100% inexcusable.
edit on 19-1-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

it has two positions half cocked and cocked. the single action even some replicas, are known to fire half cocked due to wear and tear or the hammer down.
hence the saying, cowboy load or going off half cocked.

just a example, go to the 2:15 mark

But they did a deep look into that firearm and found it could not have fired unless the trigger was pulled. And in order for the gun to fire, the hammer would have had to be pulled back. There was no chain of events found that could have the gun going off by itself, and the part where live rounds were on the set and in the gun during a "shoot" (pun intended) leaves the fault in two places at least.

But As Baldwin was the director and in charge of the entire event, it's hard to not have him involved in the blame.
I don't believe he killed her in cold blood, but he was holding the gun that was pointed at her when she died, and nobody else pulled the trigger for him.

It's a sad set of events that should never have happened, and looking at the failures of all involved in supervising this set, there is plenty of blame to go around.

I think Baldwin is an ass and I don't like him. But I feel bad for him in this instance. He will never be able to NOT be the guy who killed his friend.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join