It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarming surveillance: Feds asked banks to search private transactions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Don't know where to put this..mods move if necessary

www.foxnews.com...

Full title of article: Alarming' surveillance: Feds asked banks to search private transactions for terms like ‘MAGA,’ ‘Trump’

Federal investigators asked banks to search and filter customer transactions by using terms like "MAGA" and "Trump" as part of an investigation into Jan. 6, warning that purchases of "religious texts" could indicate "extremism," the House Judiciary Committee revealed Wednesday in a letter obtained by Fox News Digital.

Fox News Digital has learned the committee also obtained documents that indicate officials suggested that banks query transactions with keywords like Dick's Sporting Goods, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops and more.

This is insane.......don't believe the government is watching you???

Think again.
edit on R512024-01-17T18:51:14-06:00k511vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R532024-01-17T18:53:55-06:00k531vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R552024-01-17T18:55:35-06:00k551vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I agree this is concerning. I started another thread about the current congresses inability to pass meaningful laws, especially those looking to reform government surveillance on citizens.

Same would apply here to a degree, this kind of surveillance and categorizing of certain citizens stretches to far and should be curtailed.

Unfortunately, it seems like both parties, either by design or apathy, are fine with letting this continue. We need to vote in a new congress.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thing that gets me is no matter when you were in DC in Jan 21, you are on a watch list. The FAA is following you when you travel.

Look it up.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Welcome to Biden’s Commie Land.

And F Bank of America too.
If I had any money in that bank, I would pull it out.

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Apologies if this comes off as "prickish."

But the time to be concerned was when Snowden told everyone this was happening.

You should be furious that those you (and I) elect into positions of representation are doing nothing about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Law or no Law, they'll do it anyway.

1000s of examples nationwide.

😀

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
Here's the House Committee: . . . .

'Alarming' surveillance: Feds asked banks to search private transactions for terms like ‘MAGA,’ ‘Trump’ (House Committee)

But a source familiar told Fox News Digital that "the effort by FinCEN to work with law enforcement to assist with their post January 6 efforts began under the previous administration."

Hey wait a minute!

This could mean they started some "surveillance" right after (or even before) Jan6, which means Jan6 had some "pre planning", and the post-Jan6 script started by inside implanted agents working covertly without Presidential approval and knowledge !! 😀

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   

This is what "democracy" doesn't look like.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   

How's this different than how during WW2 the Jews were treated? Or how prisoners('citizens') are treated in NK or China?
How is this even legal/constitutional ?

Treated worse than criminals before having commited a crime ! Oh no off course. Not blindly agreeing with the narrative is the crime (see the NK connection).
And people here will still defend this corrupt goverment.
edit on 17-1-2024 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is what "democracy" doesn't look like.

Exactly.....I would assume that anybody who donated money to Trump or bought merchandise from his website is on a list somewhere.

I never donate to political parties and I have 0 Trump merchandise.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I almost bought a Trump trading card, pissed I didn't.

The return was awesome.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime

I agree this is concerning. I started another thread about the current congresses inability to pass meaningful laws, especially those looking to reform government surveillance on citizens.

Same would apply here to a degree, this kind of surveillance and categorizing of certain citizens stretches to far and should be curtailed.

Unfortunately, it seems like both parties, either by design or apathy, are fine with letting this continue. We need to vote in a new congress.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is just Drop in the Bucket as to what our Government Sticks their Noses into.
It will get much Worse before it gets Better.
After all the Gestapo is in Charge.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
IMO they are purposely doing this to check our reactions, or lack of reactions. They off course already know who's 'left' or 'right' , they don't need to check bank transactions for that. We (those on the anti-narrative side) are already on some lists.

This is just to see how far they can push before we revolt.

F for all we know it's just a game they play out of boredom to see our reactions. Imagine you're so rich you can buy/do anything, and on top of that you're a psychopath.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Mark me safe from being on a list for giving my life savings to Trump.
edit on 2024 1 17 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Everyone who is not a criminal is being surveilled. That's what the DOJ is best at. They are 2nd best at dusting for fingerprints after the mass shooting or bombing.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Def concerning for sure ..... I was just reading this about how your bank won't let you buy a gun with your own money

Georgia Credit Union Bars Customers From Purchasing Guns With Their Own Money - LINK

Georgia United Credit Union recently updated their User Agreement — you know, that wall of text that your financial institution flashes at you from time to time and which few people bother to read. The catch: If you rely on Georgia United Credit Union for your purchasing tool, like, say, a debit card, you may no longer use that to purchase firearms, ammunition, firearms parts, or accessories, along with a host of other items.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I almost bought a Trump trading card, pissed I didn't.

The return was awesome.

Which is your favorite? The one where the Sun is rising out of his bunghole?

(post by ScarletDarkness removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join