It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Pipe Dream

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Which is why there is such a push to develop and market "Solid-state Batteries", which do not freeze in the cold, do not suffer loss of power in freezing temperatures, and can be fully recharged, in some designs, in as little as 10 minutes.
a reply to: Mantiss2021
Well you're still using fossil fuels to make those batteries, and ship those batteries, and for the most part charge those batteries. If Co2 is causing global warming. Then you have to find another fuel source, hydrogen maybe. And currently, I don't know of any new energy suppliers. They are the same guys, people have been getting energy from since before any of us were born. Every thing green is tied to those people, batteries, solar panels, windmills.

It actually looks like they are trying to terraform the planet. As they are cutting down tree's and burning them, in these so called renewable biomass power plants. Where they burn green tree's with fossil fuels, plastic, and other garbage because green tree's don't burn to well. Speaking of plastic, ,most places burn it now. While I did see where you can recycle it, at a supposed 50% less Co2 than burning it.

Here is a good video, for anyone wanting to know the truth.Planet of the Humans If you can't spend a hour 39 minutes and 59 seconds, to lean the truth and help save the planet at least watch from 35:00 to 39:08. A investment of 4 minutes and 8 seconds to save the planet.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
The batteries can also be volatile.

Yeah, maybe a little!

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I think it is silly to assume that internal combustion technology will last forever. I find it equally silly to assume the battery technology will not improve to a point where it is more widely practical.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Keep telling yourself that.
The big picture eludes you because you are told what to believe.

I wish you had enough smarts to understand why that's so damn funny.

EV's are in their infancy. They aren't a viable option as they exist today. They do fit some niche markets, and that's super. But it's not time to mandate their use over ICE engines, as the DERP's in DC have tried. Litterally and figuratively putting the cart before the horse, as both will be needed once the grid goes down, and nobody can charge their slick new cars.

Rather than listen to the NEWZ, or your favorite pundit, look at the damn facts. How do EV's do in cold weather? How environmentally friendly are the batteries once they are spent? How do we keep the cars from bursting into flames?

I'd rather be told to do some research on my own instead of towing the party line. (towing, yea, pun intended)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Well, the tesla shares sure make you wanna smile, it's a great joke...

Are you laughing too?

Failure, nah, more like huge potential in its infancy battling against a lobby that is waging wars for their profit... So yeah... The Jokes on the internal combustion Engine, me thinks.

Bwaaaa yeah tell that to all the people with their abandoned EV’s stranded with people in ICE’s picking them up and rescuing them. Yep, they have a”huge potential” for failure. It’s also not the clean energy they’re trying to tell you it is but hey some people will blindly believe anything they’re told to believe.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You really should do some digging into current tech, history of EV tech and the actual dangers that are of concern to current, past and potential future tech.
Other than that you just are saying what your handlers and telling you to say.
You obviously don't know much about battery technology and how long and how much it has changed since its infancy.
Sure you can pick on me because I don't warship handlers but don't insult my intelligence.
Not a good look.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Are you laughing too?

Failure, nah, more like huge potential in its infancy battling against a lobby that is waging wars for their profit... So yeah... The Jokes on the internal combustion Engine, me thinks.

Bwaaaa yeah tell that to all the people with their abandoned EV’s stranded with people in ICE’s picking them up and rescuing them. Yep, they have a”huge potential” for failure. It’s also not the clean energy they’re trying to tell you it is but hey some people will blindly believe anything they’re told to believe.

So which number is higher?
Ohhh wait.....that's right internal combustion engine vehicles are far more dangerous. Far more flammable and just in general not a viable way forward.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You really should do some digging into current tech, history of EV tech and the actual dangers that are of concern to current, past and potential future tech.
Other than that you just are saying what your handlers and telling you to say.
You obviously don't know much about battery technology and how long and how much it has changed since its infancy.
Sure you can pick on me because I don't warship handlers but don't insult my intelligence.
Not a good look.

I respond how I do, because you say very uninformed things. I also understand how to look at facts independently to what the correct political climate dictates.

If anything I stated is wrong, bring a link explaining why. If what I said isn't wrong, then you kind of have to make a better argument for why everyone switching all at once would be a splendid idea. And stop doing bong rips in the AM, and don't forget to bring a towel.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The arguments have already been presented to you in this thread.
How about you also post something to support your arguments?
I'm sick of providing links to you guys to only get them all thrown out because you guys don't like them. That is your own doing. So do yourself a favor to get in good standing and provide facts that prove just how unreliable and unsafe EV motors have been and how inefficient they will be going forward.
I'll wait as you do the research and then come back.

Does the ISS run on fossil fuels? I don't think so.
So let's use the infrastructure we already have in place and work on the tech to make the technology even better and sure safer....I say that with a cringe because that argument gets thrown out alot with others realizing that on a point of magnitude ICE is far more dangerous......but FOX don't you that EV is more of a concern to your health.......you guys man
edit on 16-1-2024 by Allaroundya4k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Q: So how do they jump-start an EV?

❓❓

A: With a ride from somebody with a gasoline car 😀

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

That's really odd how that occurred. Had the guy stood still he would have been fine. But trying to escape he was blasted by a ricochet. Can you imagine the energy the object had before it bounced off the wall? Had it hit him when it first left the car, he would have been nothing but a gooey mess.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Are you laughing too?

So which number is higher?
Ohhh wait.....that's right internal combustion engine vehicles are far more dangerous. Far more flammable and just in general not a viable way forward.

Ice’s are not more flammable. All this ice causes more fires is a big lie and you’re believing it lol. Almost all the ICE recalls for fires are from electrical fires not because they’re gas, if you actually did the research you’d know this but you won’t because you don’t want to find out all the crap they’re brainwashing you to believe isn’t true. ICE’ aren’t just bursting into flames just sitting there because they’re gas, they’re catching fire because of electrical issues mainly in the brake systems, again, do the research. I’ve been a gear head my whole life and I’m no spring chicken, grew up in a family that restored cars, crewed race teams, spent more time in garages than I probably did school, never once have I seen or heard of a car sitting that just decided to burst into flames.

Meanwhile I hear it happening all the time with batteries, just happened a week or so ago in I believe NY that sold EV scooters, burnt the place down from a charging lithium battery. One or two EV buses just burst into flames in the past week. So please spare me with the libtard diatribe and insults you keep spewing. I’ve read enough of your post to know you’re always on the wrong side of history anyways and not going to waste my time arguing with you.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

Wow that's extremely stupid....
Ya know that extremely awesome road side Jumpstart kit you should have in your vehicle?
Does that have a combustion engine or a battery?
Stupid stupid stupid argument.

edit on 16-1-2024 by Allaroundya4k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The arguments have already been presented to you in this thread.
How about you also post something to support your arguments?
I'm sick of providing links to you guys to only get them all thrown out because you guys don't like them. That is your own doing. So do yourself a favor to get in good standing and provide facts that prove just how unreliable and unsafe EV motors have been and how inefficient they will be going forward.
I'll wait as you do the research and then come back.

How Do Electric Cars Perform in Cold Weather?
While a NEMA 4-rated EV charger can withstand cold climates, how do electric cars perform in cold weather? The truth is, no vehicle—whether electric or gas—runs at peak performance when temperatures fall below freezing. However, because lithium batteries can be negatively affected by cold weather, it’s important to note that there will be a decrease in driving range during cold weather.

Additionally, driving range is impacted when electric vehicles are used in cold weather because more electricity is needed to maintain battery temperature, supply heat to the cabin, run defrosters, and perform other energy-sapping systems like warming your car seats. Consumer Reports stated2 in 2021 that an unplugged EV’s range can decrease by about 20 percent when the temperature drops between 0°-10°F, and it takes longer to recharge than it would in warm weather.

This doesn’t mean an electric vehicle can’t or shouldn’t be used in cold weather. Just like standard vehicle owners need to be more aware of the gas gauge in freezing temperatures, EV owners should be aware of how much electricity they’re using on average and when they should charge up.

There are other ways to mitigate the situation as well. EV owners can decrease their use of the standard heater by dressing warmly, letting the car warm up by starting it up while it is still charged, and using seat warmers. AAA found that electric vehicles only lost an average of 12 percent of range when the heater wasn’t used compared to the 40 percent drop with heater use.3

There’s good news as well for those wondering how electric cars work in cold-weather climates: the batteries being engineered for EVs are consistently getting better and range is increasing every year.

evocharge.com...

Can the Power Grid Handle the Growing EV Demand?
Despite the big increase, this new level of demand is manageable. But it will take planning on the part of utility companies in order to handle it well. Without proper preparation, a scenario in which our busiest cities see their electrical grids regularly overloaded during peak-demand times is not at all far-fetched.

The good news is that, even though electric cars will take over eventually, the change in electrical demand won’t happen overnight. There’s time to plan and adjust, and utilities can do three things to prepare.

www.evconnect.com...

EVs are much heavier than gas vehicles, and that's posing safety problems

www.axios.com...

research has been done, and issues exist. The technology is not perfected yet. Almost as I said before, they are in their infancy and we have issues to work out before everyone switches to EV's.

If you were a 10th as smart as you think you are, you would be a formidable debater.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   

a reply to: WingDingLuey

Wow that's extremely stupid....
Ya know that extremely awesome road side Jumpstart kit you should have in your vehicle?
Does that have a combustion engine or a battery?
Stupid stupid stupid argument.

and what component is being enhanced by the jumpstart kit? The fuel system? no, that doesn't seem to be it. DERP

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You just made all the points already made.
Now that is called not even needing to debate.
You can thank me not ever because I know you won't. And with your newfound knowledge I'm sure you can see how dumb of a thread this is and only serves to get clicks to justify another's hated because she doesn't know the facts.
But now you know more! I'm excited for this new page in our book of life together!

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime
a reply to: RazorV66

I think it is silly to assume that internal combustion technology will last forever. I find it equally silly to assume the battery technology will not improve to a point where it is more widely practical.

But how many people have to die first? 😀

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Are you saying that it can't be done?
The military can do it and does do it. It's called have a spare battery.....kinda the whole idea here......DERP
Do you think EV owners are not aware of this si.ple roadside issue?
For real dude???

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You just made all the points already made.
Now that is called not even needing to debate.
You can thank me not ever because I know you won't. And with your newfound knowledge I'm sure you can see how dumb of a thread this is and only serves to get clicks to justify another's hated because she doesn't know the facts.
But now you know more! I'm excited for this new page in our book of life together!

LOL, then you win! You have proven that EV's are not ready for prime time, but they have uses depending on the situation!
I'm glad I learned all this from you this morning. You should be proud.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I'm always proud of you dude.
I'm just disappointed right now. You're smarter than you're putting on today. And that's ok.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join