It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy reverses stage five kidney failure and walks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I thought this was an interesting honest interview with a normal dude who was diagnosed as stage 5 and was on dialysis, he had a chat with a nurse who was interested in diet and decided to change his lifestyle, which he did.But after a while, his doctor said that it seemed his kidneys were functioning again. and that would he like to try coming off of Dialysis, which he did as he found it very tiring. Fast food is aptly named as it does hurry you to your grave, as he admits freely before he was eating normal crap.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Something happened to me last year. I started to feel pain in my colon and it was a low throb in my back for weeks then it turned into months. Then the throbbing went to the other side of my back. Now I didn't know this was my colon at this time. I had no idea what it was but was hoping it would go away, then in the summer months it started to get real bad so much that I couldn't sleep at night so I went to see a doctor and they did blood work on me, and an ultrasound and urine analysis, the whole 9 yards, everything came back good but my colon was really inflamed. So the doctor put me on antibiotics and the pain and the swelling didn't go away. So I said a prayer about the matter to give me wisdom about the matter. And in the morning I was watching a doctor on YouTube and he was talking about my symptoms and said to go on a carnivore diet for 3 days to see if the pain would go away. So I did and it did. So I went on the carnivore diet for 2 months. I not only lost my second chin I was growing and a good amount of weight but the pain went away. And I have started up on eating other foods and have no problem now.

I tell you what the carnivore diet is incredible. I love it. If you're a guy like me in your mid forties and a little overweight you might want to give it a try.
edit on Mon, 08 Jan 2024 21:41:49 -0600pm10820240100000049America/ChicagoMon, 08 Jan 2024 21:41:49 -0600 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We buy a half a head of grass fed organic beef from a farmer we know every year. I won't go back to that tasteless commercial beef anymore. Before this farmer we were buying a half or whole head of beef from two different farmers a year. They both grass fed them then finished them on grains...but no corn. That beef was really tasty too. But since I learned from my genetics that I cannot detox organo-phosphates well, we keep buying the organic beef now and I do pretty well. We also switched our flour to organic whole wheat white flour...no whole wheat taste because it is an albino flour and very little glyphosate in it but I was told by the guy that worked in the Dakota mills lab I talked to that there is still a little glyphosate that floats around in the air from them spraying it to desiccate the other commercial fields there...minute amounts though. Even though I cannot break down mannose well, at least I wasn't being poisoned nearly as much.

I can eat sourdough rye bread better, the yeast breaks down the sugars and starches so it does not bother my gut nearly as much. Since I lack sucralase and Isomannase pretty much.

I like fish a lot, and I noticed that with the grass fed organic aged beef, I eat way less than the tasteless commercial beef. It has lots more flavor and it satisfies me...six ounces of the grassfed local roast fills me up...with a commercial roast, the wife grabs her beef before I get to the plate because I will down the whole roast and still be hungry. Same with organic chickens that run around in the fields eating bugs and grasses, I eat a quarter of what I eat if we get a store bought commercial chicken and feel full off the little I savor from the real bird. You would think you would eat more when it tastes so good, but in reality, you eat till you get the nutrition you need so with good real meats you get the nutrients in way less meat so your hunger is satisfied.

I should be eating a diet full of fish and wild game...that one point seven percent Inuit genetics probably from far northern areas left over for hundreds of years means I process fish and wild meats better. Never had seals or whale. What I do have left seems to be tied to a lack of ability to process much carbs. And I need more good natural fats and real meat. I guess I should have known, I used to fish a real lot, we had fish and smoked and salted fish all the time. My dads brother sold local fish to people, he delivered it, buying it from an Indian fisherman. My dads other brother fished a real lot, he had freezers full of fish plus two big smokers and all of us salted fish.

But I do not have all the inuit genetics and have some problems eating high amounts of red meat, but can digest fish really well. I wish I could do the keto diet like an eskimo, but I am missing some genes to eat that much fat. I do get the suit and render that for cooking from our half head of beef. Can't do much grain oils though, they don't seem to be tollerated well.

In the video, the guy may be doing better because taurine and NAC in beef can help with kidney and liver issues. Being good beef, the steaks are probably done medium at the most because they already have lots of flavor to them in grass fed beef. And being from a local place, they are dry aged, not wet aged...more flavor the longer they hang. The increased carnatine helps his eyes and benefits muscle building. Junk food does not have hardly any of those three amino acids. Junk food also has way less good choline to promote acetyl choline creation which helps with signaling in our bodies...the kidneys and all organs and nerves work better with acetylcholine. Some of this stuff is degraded in highly prepared foods.

You can't fix everything by eating better or going to a more carnivour diet. Many years of eating bad cannot be fixed in six months, especially when you get older. But even if it stablizes the metabolism, at least you are not going to go farther down the rabbit hole and it may make it easier to slowly dig yourself out of metabolic syndrome. But there are some people who cannot eat a real lot of meat too, it is not for everyone, it benefits some people while others go downhill.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Sounds like he has called his vehicle "stage five kidney failure".

Especially coming after the topic thread immediately preceding it: "Vehicle crashed into White House gate".

(Sorry, I just see weird patterns in things when I'm getting a migraine).

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We buy a half a head of grass fed organic beef from a farmer we know

We have that here but they charge a premium pcirce like $25 / pound for Delmonico steaks. You?

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

We buy a half a head of grass fed organic beef from a farmer we know

We have that here but they charge a premium pcirce like $25 / pound for Delmonico steaks. You?

This year our cost per pound...hamburger or better....including the processing fees and shrinkage...another words the actual weight we got. It came out to just under seven bucks a pound this year. Meaty soup bones, Short ribs, liver, and heart I figured at three fifty a pound and marrow bones I figured at three bucks a pound. I do not count the weight of the tallow in my price figures, no value, yet I do render it but I would not actually figure it is worth putting a value on but it makes great fried potatoes and french fries. We usually use corn oil in the electric french frier though, only occasionally frying fries in a frying pan. Since our burger is fully grass fed it does not have much fat so I do add some of the rendered tallow often to start the burgers or they can get too dark in the cast iron pans.

Hamburger and better includes hamburger, brisket, roasts, all steaks, stew meat, minute steaks, and of course the filet mignon. Lumping all these to seven bucks a pound this year is how I figure it. Last year the yeild was not as good, hamburger and better came out to seven twenty five a pound. How long it hangs and of course every cow is a little different, even though they eat the same grasses,dictates the yield at the end. This year we got about sighty six percent after all processing was done. Full grass fed beef seems to have a higher amount of yield, when we had angus grain finished beef instead of limosine, we would get a sixty five percent yield from hanging weight...that is a big difference, there is way more fat on the angus.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You can't fix everything by eating better or going to a more carnivour diet.

Not everything, no, but almost anything related to poor diet, yes, you can, absolutely.

Many years of eating bad cannot be fixed in six months,

You'd be surprised. No, 6 months won't rebuild your entire body, but it goes a long way, and if you stick with it, the rebuilding goes faster and faster, accelerating as things are repaired and rebuil;t and the body moves on to the next thing on the list.

especially when you get older.

Older does introduce a small wrinkle, but not a big one...

But there are some people who cannot eat a real lot of meat too, it is not for everyone, it benefits some people while others go downhill.

This is mostly not true. There are some people who may have some physical; issues, like having had their gall bladder removed, but this turns out to not be as big of a problem as you would think, as the liver actually has the ability to create (sort-of) a little secondary 'gall bladder' of (sic) for storing bile. Otherwise, you just have to be careful to eat smalller meals and spread out the fat to give your body time to be able to absorb it.

Also, some people may have a mental aversion, or may have to go slowly during the transition because they have serious metabolic issues going on, but once their body starts fixing the most serious problems, they find they can tolerate it better and better until they are eating 2-3lb fatty rib eyes at one sitting with nothing but true satiation as the result.

All human beings are obligate hyper-carnivores, but we did retain an evolutionary advantage allowing us to tolerate carbs to a certain extent, but only as a survival mechanism for when we can't get enough meat.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It came out to just under seven bucks a pound this year.

Thas fantastic. We will never see that here in South Carolina. Too many want it

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   

It came out to just under seven bucks a pound this year.

Thas fantastic. We will never see that here in South Carolina. Too many want it

But remember, we got a half a head, it cost about two grand by the time we were done with all the processing and paying the farmer. The beef filled up a twenty one cubic foot upright freezer almost completely till we had the kids, some grandkids, and my brothers family come over and get their Christmas presents We gave about a hundred pounds of beef as presents total. The beef freezer is still pretty full, we can't shut down our third freezer yet till we eat some of our supplies from all the freezers. We stock up for the winter on everything, then it goes down to two big freezers three quarters filled in the spring and by the time it gets to fall we start doing our stocking again when the sales on things make it affordable.

We make the majority of our foods from scratch. But one freezer does contain some decently healthy highly prepared food. If we ate all healthy food at home, we would be going out to the restaurants all the time to order junk foods, cheaper to buy a good quality frozen pizza on a good sale than to go out and buy one. And we do buy soft taco shells and freeze them too, and good quality fish sticks/breaded patties and some better quality more real like breaded Chicken tenders. We are fussy with those things, they need to taste like real food or we do not buy them.

I bring a lot of different kinds of soups to the two daughters to feed their families, and pasties too. And we do also feed the great grandkids and their father...we put the oldest great granddaughter on the bus and get her off every day to go to school, but only baby sit the great grandson two or three days a week. So we feed the grandson in law every day and the older daughter. Boy can those kids gobble up the food some days.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

We began to buy produce at the South Carolina Farmers Market outside of Columbia, South Carolina. All fresh but NO taste. Must be from South America as most of the suppliers are foreigners from Mexico or other.

We have since found another source for Tomatos which are grown in Florida. They have flavor!

Also have a source for farm raise eggs NON GMO.

We could do a cow but it would take three years to go through all the meat. Now where I buy tomatoes the guy has Angus Demonico steaks at $8 / pound. I should try same. I think he has an Amish farm as a source as they are also into cheese

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
SPAM removed
edit on 11-1-2024 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

We began to buy produce at the South Carolina Farmers Market outside of Columbia, South Carolina. All fresh but NO taste. Must be from South America as most of the suppliers are foreigners from Mexico or other.

We have since found another source for Tomatos which are grown in Florida. They have flavor!

Also have a source for farm raise eggs NON GMO.

We could do a cow but it would take three years to go through all the meat. Now where I buy tomatoes the guy has Angus Demonico steaks at $8 / pound. I should try same. I think he has an Amish farm as a source as they are also into cheese

In the summer we go to the local fruit stand and sometimes buy Amish tomatoes. They are really good, grown locally in our area. He charges four bucks a pound for the tomatoes there, and when the main crops hit the stand...not greenhouse tomatoes, they are three fifty a pound. We thought about canning tomatoes, but we usually buy Muir Glen organic tomato products when they go on sale at the Coop, they are really good and reasonably priced...especially their pizza sauce and stewed tomatoes. It would be a lot of work to can our own but we do have the ability to make big batches of good spaghetti sauce to put in the freezers. We have done that.

Neither the wife or I have done actual canning in bottles that you put on the shelves in the food pantry, We need to go work with someone who does it to learn the proper way to do it. We buy canned or bottled pizza sauce from Baroni's in Hancock, but recently after my cousin retired from being president of the company, they have started outsourcing most of the sauces to a company in either Illinois or Indiana I guess. The kids took over and farmed lots of stuff out which caused a reduction in the workers in Hancock, my home town. I would rather support local people than people from a different state.

Most of the stuff we process to store for the year is all freezer stuff which is at risk if there is a blackout here. I have generators to keep stuff frozen, but it is a lot of work. I should invest in a big generator that can run a secondary circuit and maybe put in some secondary generator fed outlets where the freezers and fridge is, it would just plug into the generator and a permit would not be necessary for that system. Could even just run big extension cords to a main area and plug that into a big generator outside hooked to the propane house tank. Freezer jams seem to taste better than heat processed jams, and we process the berries and cherries to freeze the same day we get them and put them in the freezer. They are picked, processed, and froze within twenty four hours usually.

Real cheese gives me a headache, I seem to be better off with the cheap Wisconsin enzyme created cheeses than with real aged cheeses. The more aged the cheese, the worse headaches I get. I like the taste of those cheeses, but tyramines are a no no with me.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Our family has 100's of recipes from "the old country" Some are almost 200 years old. The pizza sauce is what I make although I cheat when I dont make the sauce from scratch. This year I will start a 300" long bed for crops on our new lot. Primarily tomatos. I have irrigation from Lake Murray.

For Pizza Sauce I use [1] 28 ounce Ragu instead and add the spices: [3] Tablespoons of Badia Garlic. [1] Tablespoon sugar. [1] Teaspoon Pepper, [1] Oregano [2] Bay Leaves [2] Allspice [1/2] Teaspoon Marjoram, Basil. All spices are Badia. The thin slice 16 pieces of pepperoni and cook with all ~ 40 minutes. The Pepperoni is Boars Head the dark red small diameter stick.

As far as canning my mothers parents owned three farms. All vegetables. Animals were for personal consumption, chickens, cows and pigs.

To date my wife has not canned but wants to.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

This is an interesting one as well, this couple had a lot of autoimmune diseases some pretty horrendous, so they went on a carnivore diet for a hundred days.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This spring ill be paying for a half a cow in the fall, ill be fishing big time, and hopefully in the fall I will be hunting moose.

you need meat period, it has a physiological effect on humans that supplements cant really duplicate for most people. (always exceptions)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   

going to learn the canning process this spring, as soon as the snow starts to melt ill be planting in pots to start (till I get grow boxes built and fences up around them... bloody moose), ive even been looking up old world canning for meat products.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

This one is interesting as well, this Indian celebrity lady came down with autoimmune kidney disease after her second shot, and what she did to reverse it goes to show that perhaps we are seeing the reason why they want us to eat insects.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I made another pizza last night. I added a one pound bag of 4 cheese blend to the [1] pound of mozzarella. The 4 blend was off the block Sargento.

We make a large pizza I ate five pieces with a beer and pissed off the wife as only one pice left.

It was excellent. Will make a stuffed crust next.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I ate canned food my entire life from Grandma and my mother. That along with smoked bacon and hams right off the farm.

I believe that these days whatever we do on our own is better for our health. In South Carolina we have three growing seasons. They also grow throughout the winter. Collards, Cabbage, etc.

Big thing here is coyotes so if you have livestock so everyone has donkeys. That or prison grade electric fence. Also keeps the Narcos out. The donkeys kill coyotes and naturally protect other barnyard animals. You need at least two donkeys. Thats why they stand facing front and back direction in the field. Snakes pursue the chickens.

I have a massive beaver problem along with a herd of deer eating everything. Will try ultrasound
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Im jealous, I have a short growing season going to try and get a greenhouse set up this spring to extend it a little bit.

Got to finish getting my hunting gear up here and then I have moose and bear within 2 miles of me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join