It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks are useless

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Come on, for decades the Asians did it right as in if you are sick you wear a mask. Doctors wear them for the same reason, so how did we lose sense as to what masks do?

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I read an article that said some states are going back to mask mandates in hospitals and my first thought was "Yeah, how'd that work out last time ?"

www.foxnews.com...

The reason I think they're useless is because of people. During the lockdowns, mandates and restrictions during Covid, I saw dozens of people not wearing them properly. They would walk into a store with it hanging around their neck or even more ridiculous, I saw people who would stop outside to talk to someone they knew and would pull their mask down to talk. I saw people who would pull their mask down to sneeze or cough and then pull it back up.
I saw this same thing dozens of time at least and that was just in my area.
Imagine that all over the U.S.

My wife said people would come in the hospital to see a patient and would wear their mask till they got in the room, then off they came. Of course everybody had to give a hug and kiss on the cheek when it came time to leave and then back on with the mask.

All that and not to mention people wearing homemade masks, some of them color co ordinated to match their outfit of the day and made of whatever material they had lying around.
The most ironic one I saw was a guy wearing one that said "Don't Tread On Me" across the front. I had to fight the urge to tell him to just go ahead and get a boot print tattooed on his throat.

We won't even talk about those 14 vaccines and the 57 boosters that "kept you safe".

There's a new variant going around and for 2 days last week I felt kinda rough. Was it the new Covid ? *shrug* Dunno. Didn't get tested. Just stayed home took some Mucinex and watched TV.

Fact of the matter is, if there's a virus going around, unless you are in an airtight room till it's completely eradicated, sooner or later you are going to be exposed.

Good post.
Imo opinion the proper way to wear a mask is around your wrist

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So back during lock downs and mandates I did my own study.Set down and randomly picked hundred people in Walmart with mask and followed each around for minimum twenty to thirty minutes.

It was astounding. The results were that all one hundred touched their mask multiple times during observation. Adjust it, glasses fog, etc etc, over 95 percent did this by grabbing mask right over noses.

I stopped s couple of them and asked if they realized they were doing this, all said no, it was involuntary action they were not aware they were doing.

I also informed them to look at it like this, the mask can be represented by your chain link fence in your yard and the virus is the mosquito flying right thru it. That was the visual of what is really happening with pretty much any virus and the silly paper mask they are wearing.

Mask literally do zero to stop the virus, zero
.we, u.s. and world has known this since the great flu epidemics that killed so many ppl.

It amazes me is ppl are so stupid, they should have learned this in third grade.

It's kinda like morons believe anything coming out of Biden or his government. It's pathetic...

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

😃

Not sure why you're laughing. Is it because I wore a mask when travelling on the trains when I used them? Or because when I stopped wearing a mask I caught covid??

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm not sure you're 100% correct on the mask issue!

Reason being, I wore a mask and for 2 and half years didn't catch any flu/covid and then when i disposed of it, I caught Covid/Flu, so for me it did work and I was travelling on the trains during Covid.... not daily or weekly but I was travelling back and forth.

that proves it for me. I will double mask for twice the protection!

Not sure you're being sarcastic!

All I'm saying is it seemed to work for me when I wore a mask whilst travelling around.... until I stopped wearing one. My girlfriend also never caught covid/flu when she wore one when out shopping.... so something must have worked.... or maybe it never existed in the first place... maybe all the news stories were lies... I dont kno... but i certainly caught something and then passed it on to my girlfriend and her elderly Mother!

Take out of this what you will.

Luckily it was very mild by the time I caught it.
edit on 9-1-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Your anecdotal story is wonderful and although I'm sad that you got sick, I'm happy you were able to stave off any and all illness by masking.

Do you still wear your mask all day every day now? If not, why? Covid didn't go away, we just decided to adapt and deal with it. The Flu is still around. We learned that by masking and washing your hands, (when you felt like it) removed the Flu from our world.

If you are a man of faith, and believe in your mask, never let anyone deter you from your devotion. It's your right.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What are you on about? No, I dont wear a mask now... no point as I've now had COvid/Flu whatever it was...

If I catch it again, then it should be even weaker than the first time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join