It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Skull Is “One In A Billion” Discovery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The enormous teeth of a “giant sea monster” were restored by fossil expert Chris Moore after he and Steve Etches endured the painstaking task of removing a huge fossil skull 12 meters (39 feet) up a cliff in Dorset, UK. It belonged to a pliosaur, an ancient marine reptile with a bite force that could’ve bested Tyrannosaurus rex in a fight, according to scientists working on the discovery.

The sheer size is just amazing. They are claiming it to be a pliosaur. To me it looks like the classic Dragon we all have seen. They go on to say that it even had a third eye of sorts. Really truly a rare find. I even have a hard time wrapping my head around what a full size animal must be.

Link to story!

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CataclysmicRockets

Looks like a precursor to the modern sturgeon

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

We are sooooo lucky things things went extinct.

Here’s the video from your link. It has artistic renderings of what they’d look like.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-12-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

I can’t get it to link properly…
edit on 26-12-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Dec 26 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That thing could eat you in one bite, or less. Scary and amazing.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thanks I forgot to include it. This beast is amazing!

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Looks like a precursor to the modern sturgeon

Huh? You do realize sturgeon are not carnivorous right? Ever seen even a pic of one? They're bottom feeders and have a big sucker mouth under their head.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yup, no getting out of that once it had your leg or arm, or really, half your body.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

edit on 26-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thanks for fixing the link, DTOM!! 🍻

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The head alone is like 5ft

Holy hell , That is terrifying . It looks like a gigantic Saltwater Croc crossed with a Sturgeon like Tzar mentioned .

I'd let out a horribly Girlish scream and die of fright if I saw that coming at me in the water.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
WOW 🤯a reply to: CataclysmicRockets

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Holy hell , That is terrifying . It looks like a gigantic Saltwater Croc crossed with a Sturgeon like Tzar mentioned .

I'd let out a horribly Girlish scream and die of fright if I saw that coming at me in the water.
Honestly what get's me is this actually an aquatic specie? Maybe it is a Dragon, I am willing to bet everyone agrees it looks like what a typical dragon skull would look like? And the extra eye thingy? Did this giant demon once breath fire?

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CataclysmicRockets

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Honestly what get's me is this actually an aquatic specie? Maybe it is a Dragon, I am willing to bet everyone agrees it looks like what a typical dragon skull would look like? And the extra eye thingy? Did this giant demon once breath fire?

That’s what I find fascinating about’ planet earth’. So may different lifetimes and species have existed here throughout the ages.

Hundreds of millions of years of evolution and absolute destruction.

Fiction is boring. Because all the most fantastical stories have truly transpired here already!

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
'Nothing new under the Sun'
We are still learning our own planet.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   

look at these parts they claim are on the top of the head I have highlighted, they emphasize it to be a extra eye of sorts? But it looks like this unit of anatomy is more in the thorax region of the throat. And look at the two bean type parts of the bone, to me it looks like a typical stove or furnace igniter, except on a biology level? Could they be Flint like? And why did they need to mock up the teeth? Maybe Dragons teeth get carbonized through use and do not fossilize well? Also if you look closer at the joint end of the jaw there are recumbent teeth forming different than sharks with recumbent teeth. Almost like a real fire breathing Dragon would need.

These are not echo bones found in dolphins and wales, this is different and I am not hip how they off it as a third eye of sorts. To me that's misleading all together, it's like saying cyclops existed or something?

Just my honest unfactworthy opinion here.

edit on 12 26 23 by CataclysmicRockets because: quick

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   

removing a huge fossil skull 12 meters (39 feet) up a cliff in Dorset, UK.

"endured the painstaking task of removing a huge fossil skull 12 meters (39 feet) up a cliff in Dorset, UK."
Link to story!

Why would they remove it up a cliff instead of down from the cliff? Is there facilities on the cliff? Sounds quite ridiculous.
edit on 26-12-2023 by BelialBarb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 01:27 AM
link   

look at these parts they claim are on the top of the head I have highlighted, they emphasize it to be a extra eye of sorts? But it looks like this unit of anatomy is more in the thorax region of the throat. And look at the two bean type parts of the bone, to me it looks like a typical stove or furnace igniter, except on a biology level? Could they be Flint like? And why did they need to mock up the teeth? Maybe Dragons teeth get carbonized through use and do not fossilize well? Also if you look closer at the joint end of the jaw there are recumbent teeth forming different than sharks with recumbent teeth. Almost like a real fire breathing Dragon would need.

These are not echo bones found in dolphins and wales, this is different and I am not hip how they off it as a third eye of sorts. To me that's misleading all together, it's like saying cyclops existed or something?

Just my honest unfactworthy opinion here.

Could be a vestigial third eye, some lizards today have them, including bearded dragons, I believe. I think they're for detecting light fluctuations.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BelialBarb

Probably easier in that lots of the sea shore in that area ain't the best to get a boat in and with something that important you don't want to suddenly get a wolf wave and split the skull in half.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BelialBarb

Well um,..safe and stable transportation comes to mind.

Mg

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What??? that is not big!
you have sharks as big as that.
look at killer whales.
and a whale, its a lot begger.
a whale could swallow you with out chewing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join