It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Test Fires New ICBM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Kim Jong Un's regime in Pyongyang has successfully test fired a new long range solid fueled ICBM on Monday morning at around (23:24 Sunday GMT).
The missile landed West of Hokkaido, Japan, drawing condemnation from the Japanese and South Korea.

The missile could have a range of over 15,000 kilometers, or 9,320 miles, meaning it could reach anywhere in the U.S.,
but has to be fired at the proper trajectory to make use of its range.
The Chinese government supports North Korea's arms developments, as does Russia's Putin, who has made appeals for them to the U.N.

The main benefit of the solid fuel system is that the missiles won't have to be fueled up prior to launch,
and thus, can be fired at a moment's notice.

www.cnn.com...

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Looks like lil' Kim just gave the middle finger to Biden.
The launch occurred just hours after Biden warned NK about launching nukes.
Biden's feebleness is emboldening our enemies.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I really don’t see that any serious country would think Biden is in charge of anything, let alone the US military.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM19688

I concur. Dude barely knows where he is. He's got a Dick Cheney, or several.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Meh.

Ain’t nothing gonna happen until something reaches US soil, and then, with a retard in office, highly doubtful.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I can't quite work out what North Koreas deal actually is. What I mean is, why the need to test missiles all of the time? Is it just bluster on the international stage to look like they know what they are doing? In an effort to try and scare the World away from them? Or is it cos they are terrified of being regime changed and genuinely want to have the ability to destroy who/what when they like?

All o know is the absolute waste of all that spending would be better served feeding and taking care of their impoverished population. Nobody is falling for the empty buildings, shops, and paper skyscapers. The country is broke.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ExploreTheImpossible

It seems a mix of showing off on the internatioal stage with Japan seemingly being the country that most of the threats are made towards - missiles deliberatley test fired in their direction.

It's also used for internal propaganda and various video mock ups of the US being nuked as NK is portrayed as the most powerful countryin the world (bar China) with the Kim dynasty portrayed as gods and other countries tremble at how powerful NK is.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   
And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh, no, no, no
I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Burning out his fuse up here alone

new topics

top topics

join