It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivy League Doctors: Obesity Is the ‘New Normal’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

Nobody is saying any of that is untrue, not sure why it is being brought up.

The issue in America is fast food, processed food, sugars, carbs, and general overeating.

DNA and trainable metabolism has little to do with it, in most cases.

If you read what I posted it has 25% to do with it. That's a lot to me any way.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

suggests that for some people

That does not mean a solid 25%, that is more of "25% of a percentage" of people studied.

Again, speaking from someone who has dealt with this their entire life, and dealt with it with hundreds of other people, laziness/lack of motivation is the biggest factor.

If you don't want to change, you won't change. Therefore, that lack of will to change, takes away your right to complain about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

suggests that for some people

That does not mean a solid 25%, that is more of "25% of a percentage" of people studied.

Again, speaking from someone who has dealt with this their entire life, and dealt with it with hundreds of other people, laziness/lack of motivation is the biggest factor.

If you don't want to change, you won't change. Therefore, that lack of will to change, takes away your right to complain about it.

Again, I provide sources which you don't bother to read.

The strength of the genetic influence on weight disorders varies quite a bit from person to person. Research suggests that for some people, genes account for just 25% of the predisposition to be overweight, while for others the genetic influence is as high as 70% to 80%. Having a rough idea of how large a role genes play in your weight may be helpful in terms of treating your weight problems.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Where do you think I quoted that text from?

The "suggestion for some people" does not make a hard line 25%. I am not saying that there is genetic causation.

As I have said before, that cam be overcome, ask me how I know.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Where do you think I quoted that text from?

The "suggestion for some people" does not make a hard line 25%. I am not saying that there is genetic causation.

As I have said before, that cam be overcome, ask me how I know.

Everyone is different what works for you may not work for someone else.

Could the French paradox diet or the Italian low meat/red wine diet play together with their genetics? Who's to know?

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Everyone I am talking about has done the same thing I did and had the same results. But, sure, "doesn't work"

Possibly, but those can also be overcame or changed at any point in time. Again, just takes the willingness to do so.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was always a very picky eater...even a sliver of animal fat/grizzle was enough for me to claim the plate of food was contaminated ----------------------->> then came 'processed' foods where all the grease & grizzle was 'hidden' and i ballooned from 120 lbs to 200 lbs for no apparent reason...

fat garbage diets were forced upon me by laws-rules directed by the FDA
edit on 17-12-2023 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

In the dietary supplements isle.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Dietary supplements eh?

Some people just call it exercise.

Whole entire industries based on whatnot and nonsense.

Like somebody else suggested fat people are a commodity these days.

And why cure the disease when it can be milked for all its worth.......or rather they are worth.

"What a piece of work is a man".

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
it wont be the new normal for long, it will eventually kill off a good chunk of the population.

As for the Ivy league docs saying this... its about par for the course out of those institutions lately.

the vast majority of people that are obese are there through bad choices and laziness.

Yes some people are just big and can be healthy while being large, the vast majority are not them.

Choosing healthier options, being physically active, portion control are all hard choices.

small part of the reason I moved to the area I did, lot of work is required to keep your home good for the winters, it will help keep me in better physical condition (something my doc is insistent on since my back is slowly falling apart, my physical activity has slowed the destruction), and will also hopefully teach my son the benefit of being active and accomplishing something every single day,(what I didnt realize is the what the mental health benefits of being productive for the family every day is) he helps me shovel snow, and get firewood since he is only 5.
edit on 40Sun, 17 Dec 2023 12:40:25 -060040251212pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm on a medicine that causes weight gain. Yet my Doctor idiotically blames my eating habits, that have been the same my whole life, on recent weight gain, instead of blaming the medicine he put me on.

These Doctors don't have a clue what they are doing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join