It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivy League Doctors: Obesity Is the ‘New Normal’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: quintessentone

Italy, those people a thin and smoking hot. I noticed the diet is lots of veggies, pasta, and very small amounts of meat. Small portions, and what’s funny, no gyms anywhere in sight, yet they are rail thin.

Surprisingly eating lots of meat causes weight gain.

Meat is particularly problematic for putting on pounds because it contains protein and saturated fat, both of which promote weight gain. That's not the only bad news about meat. “Too much animal protein has also been scientifically linked to inflammation in the body, which can also cause weight gain,” Richter says.

www.aarp.org...#:~:text=Meat%20is%20particularly%20problematic%20for ,weight%20gain%2C%E2%80%9D%20Richter%20says.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Italy, those people a thin and smoking hot. I noticed the diet is lots of veggies, pasta, and very small amounts of meat. Small portions, and what’s funny, no gyms anywhere in sight, yet they are rail thin.

Surprisingly eating lots of RED meat causes weight gain.

Meat is particularly problematic for putting on pounds because it contains protein and saturated fat, both of which promote weight gain. That's not the only bad news about meat. “Too much animal protein has also been scientifically linked to inflammation in the body, which can also cause weight gain,” Richter says.

www.aarp.org...#:~:text=Meat%20is%20particularly%20problematic%20for ,weight%20gain%2C%E2%80%9D%20Richter%20says.

There, I fixed your quote for you.

Yes, a lot of red meat can be bad for you if that is all you consume. Go read some of Dr. Shawn Bakers, the guy behind the Carnivore Diet, work and you will see how a mostly meat based diet can be very beneficial for anyone.

carnivore.diet...

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

originally posted by: quintessentone

Surprisingly eating lots of RED meat causes weight gain.

There, I fixed your quote for you.

Yes, a lot of red meat can be bad for you if that is all you consume. Go read some of Dr. Shawn Bakers, the guy behind the Carnivore Diet, work and you will see how a mostly meat based diet can be very beneficial for anyone.

carnivore.diet...

Fixed your post for correctness.

That’s not the only bad news about meat. “Too much animal protein has also been scientifically linked to inflammation in the body, which can also cause weight gain,” Richter says. While the occasional lean steak or burger is probably OK to eat, meat should be a sideshow to your diet and not the main attraction, she adds.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Opinionated "correctness"

I will listen to someone with a doctorate over a masters any day

Go read the link I posted and let me know what you think.
edit on 17-12-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Opinionated "correctness"

Go read the link I posted and let me know what you think.

I was replying to another member about Italy's low meat diet and their leaner population. It just makes sense.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

They also don't have the access to the refined sugars that people in the US do.....as I mentioned earlier

But you also tried to link meat to obesity in the US, which is highly inaccurate.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

They also don't have the access to the refined sugars that people in the US do.....as I mentioned earlier

But you also tried to link meat to obesity in the US, which is highly inaccurate.

Sugar consumption by country:

worldpopulationreview.com...

Meat consumption by country:

en.wikipedia.org...

It could be both sugar and meat is causing obesity issues.

edit on q000000411231America/Chicago5454America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

As someone who has had plenty of dealings with overweight people and their habits, I can tell you that 90% of the obese in America are not due to meat. Their biggest issue is not putting down the fork.

The issue in America is fast food, processed food, sugars, carbs, and general overeating.

But again, do yourself a favor and go read through some of Dr. Bakers work and see for yourself if meat is the real issue.
edit on 17-12-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

As someone who has had plenty of dealings with overweight people and their habits, I can tell you that 90% of the obese in America are not due to meat. Their biggest issue is not putting down the fork.

The issue in America is fast food, processed food, sugars, carbs, and general overeating.

I don't generalize like you do because metabolisms vary greatly, but I can't disagree with those other issues you mention either.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It's not generalizing when you live it every day, but some of us have different life experiences than others and aren't blind to that fact.

Metabolism is not the issue

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

We've become a nation of fatty boom-ba-latties.

I am their king.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's not generalizing when you live it every day, but some of us have different life experiences than others and aren't blind to that fact.

Metabolism is not the issue

Of course metabolism plays a part as in DNA, get real man.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You can re-train your metabolism.

Overeating overpowers that every single time

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You can re-train your metabolism.

Overeating overpowers that every single time

Sure but the will has to be there, which in overeating would be a mountain to climb.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Laziness knows no bonds.....

Can't complain if you are unwilling to change your habits

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Laziness knows no bonds.....

Can't complain if you are unwilling to change your habits

Just stop your nonsense and move on.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

What is nonsense?

Please, refrain from attacking the person. Not sure why I have to keep reminding you of this

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

What is nonsense?

Please, refrain from attacking the person. Not sure why I have to keep reminding you of this

I will not allow you to defame, label and attack me so just stop and move on.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Who am I defaming?

Again, stay on topic dude not hard to do

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Who am I defaming?

Again, stay on topic dude not hard to do

I keep trying but you derail continuously. Stop it and be a better member here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join