It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREATHING is bad for the environment: Suffocate yourself for the common good?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

For all the crazies that are like don’t eat meat, don’t use gas stoves, don’t wear leather and on and on,
I think it should all start with them. Do you notice how they are often the biggest hypocrites of them all.

That is exactly why I’ll continue to enjoy sucking my cold drink out of a straw!

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think farting would be beneficial.

Want to help save the world? Let one loose in a crowded elevator. By holding your breath, or gasping for air, everyone participating takes in less oxygen .

Think of the breath you saved for a child in another country.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The next phase will be targeting the obese. They will shame them, tax them and penalize them.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

The next phase will be targeting the obese. They will shame them, tax them and penalize them.

I don't think so. Fatties are self-eliminating. It's the healthy people they will want to eliminate. The "fat acceptance" agenda is being pushed for a reason.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

There has always been a simple solution, plant a tree, hug a tree.

In fact we don't even have to manually plant the trees, more flora will naturally grow as CO2 levels rise. Previous studies have shown Carbon Dioxide Fertilization is Greening the Earth.

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

And guess what will happen if we achieve net zero emissions like the cretins in power demand... all that extra plant food will no longer exist and the Earth will gradually de-green. This is why I have constantly argued that some amount of CO2 emissions are clearly sustainable and even preferable to zero emissions.

We obviously don't want CO2 levels which are constantly rising, but some nations like China can't seem to control their emissions and they are forcing the rest of the world to inflict self-harm through their crazy environmentalist policies, even though nearly all developed nations have achieved a stable level of CO2 emissions.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

well it is if you assume CO2 is the most worrisome greenhouse gas, which it is not, but not the point of your thread.
I fully support though if you want to stop breathing as the outrage over all of this is what is really beyond stupid.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

We think it should start with people like you, since you apparently at the same time feel sthg is amiss as one can see clearly in your posting history but somehow refuse to make the connection to the actual problems we face.

Why do you need a straw are you a baby that can't handle sipping drinks without aid?
What is your solution to the forever-chemicals and cattles pumped full with antibiotics?
I'll have more from that.
Great stuff keep going. Stop breathing lol

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:39 AM
link   

It's the healthy people they will want to eliminate.

Our plans are to buy more acreage and grow our own crops and have chickens and goats. Plus a couple of donkeys for security as they kill coyotes

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It's all talk this zero net emissions and no action so I say again, plant a tree, hug a tree.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's all talk this zero net emissions and no action so I say again, plant a tree, hug a tree.

Until they start deciding that you are the problem and not the plants and the cars (which they are obviously already floating). Then instead of eliminating internal combustion engines and gas water heaters, they tell you that you need to go for the sake of the planet.

Romans 1:

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

Until they start deciding that you are the problem and not the plants and the cars (which they are obviously already floating). Then instead of eliminating internal combustion engines and gas water heaters, they tell you that you need to go for the sake of the planet.

Romans 1:

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

The world's population growth is now slowing and is expected to keep slowing into the future, so as we go forward we will be less of the problem. So let's do the remedial measures that are easy to do for now, that being, plant a tree or have your government plant 1 billion trees.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Breathing and burning coal are the greatest risk to climate change.

To fight against climate change, burn natural gas and unleaded gasoline.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join