It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG War Crimes "Russia"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So the US is on TV now proclaiming they have indited 4 Russian soldiers with war crime , Man they are patting themselves on the back Like they did something big saying it's the 1st time they have done this , Saying that the beat up a protected American citizen that lived in Ukraine .

My Question is how on Earth do they think they will nab these guys or even bring them to court ?

All bluster waste of time .

"U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the "Justice Department has filed the first ever charges under the U.S. war crimes statute against four Russia-affiliated military personnel for heinous crimes against an American citizen" through an indictment returned Tuesday in the Eastern District of Virginia. The charges include conspiracy to commit war crimes, including war crimes outlawed by the international community after World War Two, unlawful confinement, torture and inhuman treatment. "

link
edit on 6-12-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
So the US is on TV now proclaiming they have indited 4 Russian soldiers with war crime , Man they are patting themselves on the back Like they did something big saying it's the 1st time they have done this , Saying that the beat up a protect American citizen that lived in Ukraine .

My Question is how on Earth do they think they will nab these guys or even bring them to court ?

All bluster waste of time .

"U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the "Justice Department has filed the first ever charges under the U.S. war crimes statute against four Russia-affiliated military personnel for heinous crimes against an American citizen" through an indictment returned Tuesday in the Eastern District of Virginia. The charges include conspiracy to commit war crimes, including war crimes outlawed by the international community after World War Two, unlawful confinement, torture and inhuman treatment. "

link

So do we all hold our breath and wait for the indictments against the HAMAS operatives from a few months ago?

Or nah? Just curious, asking for a friend.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

How are they going to enforce it even if so, Send in the Seal Team or john Wick ?

Just who is this Protected US citizen my bet a US Spy or a Biden family friend .
edit on 6-12-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

How are they going to enforce it even if so, Send in the Seal Team or john Wick ?

Just who is this Protected US citizen my bet a US Spy .

That's where I would be willing to put my money, personally..... They would never use up (waste, potato potato) resources on behalf of a regular citizen, or even a group of citizens.

They must've had their hands in some fun stuff over there, relaying information back and forth.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Is the US at war with Russia? I don't remember Congress passing a resolution to declare war.

They can charge them with crimes I guess, but calling them war crimes without being at war is just theater.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Good, there will be a lot more once it's all over and people start sharing stories and information, locations, things they remember or have written down over time. Photos, security camera footage off buildings etc...

It's important to charge these war criminals even if we can't get to them. They can't leave their country from that point on. Just like Putin can't leave Russia and go anywhere he could be arrested, which is the majority of our planet.

Don't worry, even if no one can get to them now, remember the Nazi hunters after WW2 and how long they looked for Nazis? Decades, right?

If these people ever leave Russia, hunters will be after them. Forever.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's called "Rendition".

A CIA specialty. Relatively easy in Europe. Not so much in Asia and the Middle East. Who knows in in Africa and South America (lots of "competition" in those places).

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Isn't Merrick a bit out of his wheelhouse here? He usually goes after domestic terrorists, like the parents of grade schoolers, or Trump supporters.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'll add one more thing.

I think people who have never seen war, or have never lost anyone in war, really can't comprehend the crimes being committed. I've been through three wars, and while deployed I've made numerous friends, and assets, in those war zones.

You have never seen determination until you have looked in the eyes of someone who has lost everyone in a war.

I remember one father in particular, I think of him often. He lost his entire family in a shelling attack on a residential building. He survived, everyone else died. When I met him, he was almost back to normal, working a job, living. But every waking moment of his life had a purpose. By the time I met him, he had found out what enemy unit was posted in the area the shelling was coming from. He did not know anyone's names from the unit yet.

His goal, his only purpose in life, was to find out who shelled his building and take his revenge. If he could not find a name, he would take out everyone from that unit. That was decades ago. I don't know how he's doing or if he's alive, or how many he's gotten so far, but I know if he is still alive, then he is still hunting for them. Without a doubt, this is his life until his last breath.

And there are so many like this father. The hunting never ends. Their determination is bottomless. The hunting for war criminals doesn't end when the war ends. It never ends.

Remotely related... one of my favorite movies on Nazi hunters is The Boys from Brazil, with Gregory Peck as Dr. Mengele and Laurence Olivier as an aging Nazi Hunter, akin to Simon Wiesenthal. Great movie, check it out.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Maybe not a waste of time to the families on whom those atrocities were perpetrated.

Perhaps there will be an opportunity in the future to prosecute these guys, and maybe that will affect how they go about their war business from now on.

Either way, I'm sure the families of those harmed or killed appreciate anything done for them to bring these guys to justice.

Why is it, this is a problem? Trying to prosecute murderers is now a problem for Americans who have a bug up their ass about the Justice Department. Really?

What is America becoming when this type of action causes people to get upset?

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

His goal, his only purpose in life, was to find out who shelled his building and take his revenge. If he could not find a name, he would take out everyone from that unit. That was decades ago. I don't know how he's doing or if he's alive, or how many he's gotten so far, but I know if he is still alive, then he is still hunting for them. Without a doubt, this is his life until his last breath.

It must be terrible such life dedicated only to revenge, obsessed with it and never satisfied with getting it. It's justified, sure. I would prefer to be dead though.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Theory is one of the men decided to reach for a grenade and got shot.

new topics

top topics

join